Suns and Mikal Bridges agree to 4yr/$90M extension

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You can get close to a max just for being decent these days.I don't think he's all that much better than Cam Johnson tbh.Plus I thought Cam showed more heart throughout the playoffs.Bridges all but vanished during the Finals.Fukk it.It's not my money.

Cam Johnson can only defend 2 position, Bridges defends 3-4 and fits perfectly within their offense

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
You said he was an elite 2way player....calling him elite is overrating him:yeshrug:

And I'm not expecting him to have 6 assists a game but theres no reason he shouldn't provide 16/6/3 rather easily

Should have clarified 3&D. But him averaging that with three options ahead of him isn’t happening. He’s got a fair contract. We got Derozan making 5 mil less in the same position and we don’t need him nearly as much as the suns need Bridges

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Expected, 3 and D guys get overpaid in this league. You hope he continues to improve, I wont call him elite on either end. But he's a nice complimentary role player to have.

Every team is looking for them and it’s just not enough of them to go around. He’s not elite, but he’s close to it in a few years I’d say.

A lot of overlook the fact that he was 11th in voting for All Defensive Team and a few votes away from making the team.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Should have clarified 3&D. But him averaging that with three options ahead of him isn’t happening. He’s got a fair contract. We got Derozan making 5 mil less in the same position and we don’t need him nearly as much as the suns need Bridges
You mean five million more? He got 3/$85 mil which was a terrible contract.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You like him more than me.I've seen just about every games he's played in the NBA.I think he's a decent to good 3rd-4th option, but I was hoping we could package him for a legit PF, and move Cam into his spot.Always thought either him or Cam would be used as a trade piece.Looking like it might be Cam.Cam's my guy.Think he's the most underrated player on the team.Don't get enough credit for his defense.
He does everything bro, I don't even think your team is that good without Bridges. He's like De'Andre Hunter for ya'll. I think he's your 3rd or 4th best player. I'll take him over Ayton honestly even if I think Ayton is better, Bridges is more critical, without him, ya'll just above average. Guys like him are critical in the modern NBA. Gotta have two-way versatile wings. Without em, you can't win or you limited.

Cam is decent, nice off the ball offensively, and can shoot. His defense is decent off the ball but on the ball he can be useless. He's limited in terms of defending the perimeter which is why his best position is the 4 but he's not really big enough to play the 4. Cam is a decent player. Nice role player. A great fit in your scheme around the players you got like Book, CP3, Ayton, and Bridges. But let's be clear, he's no legit starter. He's a quality backup type. Whereas, Bridges is a legit starter on ANY NBA team and he's impactful. The difference between when he plays for PHX and when he doesn't damn near makes you a playin team.

Naw, 8.7 WAR is nothing to play with.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Bridges is a two way player, of course he got paid :manny:

Phx without him is nowhere near as good

I will say it’s sorta fukked bridges got an extension before Ayton :patrice:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Good for him he deserves it....Player like Bridges is invaluable tho to any team really he's much more than a "3&D guy".....

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
So where does this leave Ayton? Are the suns low balling since they don’t believe he’s on Young/Luka level and he got so throughly destroyed in the finals?