Suns and Mikal Bridges agree to 4yr/$90M extension

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Naw. Bridges one of the elite two way players. You pay for that

Bridges is just ok offensively. solid from 3 but witg minimal handles, minimal playmaking

He is a really good defender but not elite or a true stopper, DPOY candidate

Not mad at the deal....20-22 mill per is the basic rate for a solid starting wing but dude is def kinda overrated. Contract is aight for what he provides

He should be better offensively then he is and I would expect a little impact defensively.

Watching him in the playoffs seemed like a lot of 10 point games with the occasional 20 every 4th game

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Johnson is decent, Bridges is critical. Far better than decent.
You like him more than me.I've seen just about every games he's played in the NBA.I think he's a decent to good 3rd-4th option, but I was hoping we could package him for a legit PF, and move Cam into his spot.Always thought either him or Cam would be used as a trade piece.Looking like it might be Cam.Cam's my guy.Think he's the most underrated player on the team.Don't get enough credit for his defense.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Around 22 million a year. Not a bad deal. In a league where elite guards are everywhere, high level 3&D wings are valuable. Bridges passing and ball handling are underrated too.

Now it's time to pay Ayton.
I don't see it with the passing & ballhandling.His best skill outside of spot up shooting is his ability to move off the ball.Great at the back cut.You've seen me in our private Suns thread.I've always felt like his defense is good, but not as good as his rep.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This deal will look like a steal in 2-3 yrs

He could've commanded more if he waited but I can understand not wanting to manage that risk and losing millions bc of injury

I just knew his next contract would be a 4-120 tho

Probably true, but you should always take a good bag because as you said there is no certain future. You can underperform or get injured and if you're not a superstar, you end up like Dennis Schroeder.

I think it's always best to also be realistic about who you are as a player. If you know you're in that solid roleplayer role, you shouldn't be holding out for some mythical max offer.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
I don't see it with the passing & ballhandling.His best skill outside of spot up shooting is his ability to move off the ball.Great at the back cut.You've seen me in our private Suns thread.I've always felt like his defense is good, but not as good as his rep.

What I like about Bridges is that he's a willing passer. He's not always looking for his shot like Oubre. He'll drive to the basket when the opportunity is there but won't force it. He usually makes the right pass at the right time. Doesn't try to do too much. He can put the ball on the floor and pull up or pass to the open man. He has good chemistry feeding Ayton.

Defensively, bigger bodies can bother him but, he's still one of the better guard defenders in the league. His defense on Luka is one of the reasons the Suns always beat the Mavs.

I believe Bridges could have got more money on the open market.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Smart move by Phoenix. Too many times organizations will let a key piece of their roster go to save money. They must've learned from the 7 seconds or less Suns team.

These nba contracts disgust me. I hope the league goes bankrupt

:umad:

You should’ve been putting in work in the gym.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
All these 3&D guys get overpaid. 11 PPG in the playoffs shouldn't be getting $22-23 million per.

This was his first year averaging double digits period and obviously Chris Paul being there was the main reason for that.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
All these 3&D guys get overpaid. 11 PPG in the playoffs shouldn't be getting $22-23 million per.

This was his first year averaging double digits period and obviously Chris Paul being there was the main reason for that.

Almost like Otto Porter's 4 year $107M deal the Nets gave him that the Wizards had to match.

I thought Bridges would get 5 years $90M.