Packers and Jordan Love agree to 4yr/$220M extension

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They did that to themselves. They let him sit all those years AND bust it open for another QB the whole time. So they will never get that peak young QB on a rookie deal value because they tried to have it both ways.

If they draft Justin or Tee they mightve won a couple SBs. All they have to show for him as of now is 1 playoff win. They was in the NFC chip game when they drafted him. Drafting him wasnt the problem as much as trying to double dip with Rodgers was. You either go all in on the vet and get him more weapons OR go all in on the future and get the kings ransom you coulda got for ARod at the time. Instead now they jump straight to paying a QB off of a 10 game stretch.
Justin as in Justin Jefferson? He was drafted 22.

And tee Higgins being the difference between a couple of superbowls is laughable. The packers have their long term starter with a young ass team locked in that played ahead of schedule last year

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Of course not and I didnt suggest that. If you are a play away from the SB without either. I think you got a decent shot at a SB with JJ. Aint like they was 7-9.
2014 and 2021 werr the best shots packers had at a SB.

JJ and Tee werent around for 2014 and they had adams and jordy so WR wasnt the issue. 2021, it was their special teams and Rodgers who sucks vs niners. They may have beaten Niners but cant say for sure they win the SB. U implied that if they draft weapons for Rodgers, they win a couple of SBs. Thats not true at all.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
As far as this... QB contracts are out of control. No shot against Love, but to become highest-paid for one admittedly outstanding season just because it was his turn at the table is wild.

Green Bay might have to redo its whole WR room over the life of this contract, the current guys come due during it.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
As far as this... QB contracts are out of control. No shot against Love, but to become highest-paid for one admittedly outstanding season just because it was his turn at the table is wild.

Green Bay might have to redo its whole WR room over the life of this contract, the current guys come due during it.
Their WRs are still good becuase they are rookies and 2nd year players. WRs dont get paid like that until their 3rd or 4th year.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Justin as in Justin Jefferson? He was drafted 22.

And tee Higgins being the difference between a couple of superbowls is laughable. The packers have their long term starter with a young ass team locked in that played ahead of schedule last year
They traded up to get Love so they coulda done the same for Jefferson. Adams and Higgins is a tough duo :manny:.

All of that is great and they may do amazing things. But a nice stretch to end one season doesnt prove anything.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Their WRs are still good becuase they are rookies and 2nd year players. WRs dont get paid like that until their 3rd or 4th year.

He'll be making the big money then. Watson and Doubs are coming into year three, but I'm guessing Jayden Reed is the one they probably deem priority as far as keeping (if their hand is forced).

But if they keep the crew together... I mean hey, say what you want but he took that group further than Rodgers did the year before, and they should only get better.

I'll give them this: to this point neither of their WRs have gone gang-busters yet so they don't warrant big-money extensions. It could be doable. Slim chance, but possible.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2014 and 2021 werr the best shots packers had at a SB.

JJ and Tee werent around for 2014 and they had adams and jordy so WR wasnt the issue. 2021, it was their special teams and Rodgers who sucks vs niners. They may have beaten Niners but cant say for sure they win the SB. U implied that if they draft weapons for Rodgers, they win a couple of SBs. Thats not true at all.
Love was drafted in 20 so obviously we not talking anything before that. They had the ball down 5 on their 10 ish yd line in 21. With JJ or even Tee they fare better there. They just needed something, anything more from their offense and they win against SF the next year. JJ most def gives them something and Tee is better than what they had outside of Adams. And they got a legit shyt against LA and the Bengals.

I dont think its ridiculous based on how close they were to suggest that adding JJ or even Tee to those teams coulda tipped the scales. Also gotta consider that ARod wouldnt have been pouting either. Obviously there is no guarantee and I never suggested this.

broller

Veteran
Daps
Love was drafted in 20 so obviously we not talking anything before that. They had the ball down 5 on their 10 ish yd line in 21. With JJ or even Tee they fare better there. They just needed something, anything more from their offense and they win against SF the next year. JJ most def gives them something and Tee is better than what they had outside of Adams. And they got a legit shyt against LA and the Bengals.

I dont think its ridiculous based on how close they were to suggest that adding JJ or even Tee to those teams coulda tipped the scales. Also gotta consider that ARod wouldnt have been pouting either. Obviously there is no guarantee.

They definitely could have used a receiver but who knows if Rodgers plays as well as he did in 2020 if they didn't draft Jordan Love?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
He'll be making the big money then. Watson and Doubs are coming into year three, but I'm guessing Jayden Reed is the one they probably deem priority as far as keeping (if their hand is forced).

But if they keep the crew together... I mean hey, say what you want but he took that group further than Rodgers did the year before, and they should only get better.

I'll give them this: to this point neither of their WRs have gone gang-busters yet so they don't warrant big-money extensions. It could be doable. Slim chance, but possible.
Watson cant stay healthy so unless he takes what GB offers, he walking. Doubs should get a decent pay but nothing too crazy after this year. They will lock up Reed next season if he performs again this year. I think this group is set for at least the next 3 years and which is great because GB has weapons galore now and should be pushing for a SB title by 2025

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

I dont think its ridiculous based on how close they were to suggest that adding JJ or even Tee to those teams coulda tipped the scales. Also gotta consider that ARod wouldnt have been pouting either. Obviously there is no guarantee and I never suggested this.
I mean as a Packers fan, i can tell u straight up WR aint the reason why we lost or only have one SB with Rodgers,which is my point. Sure anything could of happened but it is what it is