Suns and Mikal Bridges agree to 4yr/$90M extension

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Almost like Otto Porter's 4 year $107M deal the Nets gave him that the Wizards had to match.

I thought Bridges would get 5 years $90M.
My thinking on these deals is always:

If this guy was on Orlando making this money, how would people view him?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
All these 3&D guys get overpaid. 11 PPG in the playoffs shouldn't be getting $22-23 million per.

This was his first year averaging double digits period and obviously Chris Paul being there was the main reason for that.
Bum making more than some QBs. Disgusting. I don't mind Bron and suoerstars getting ridiculous money, but bums:damn:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Bridges is just ok offensively. solid from 3 but witg minimal handles, minimal playmaking

He is a really good defender but not elite or a true stopper, DPOY candidate

Not mad at the deal....20-22 mill per is the basic rate for a solid starting wing but dude is def kinda overrated. Contract is aight for what he provides

He should be better offensively then he is and I would expect a little impact defensively.

Watching him in the playoffs seemed like a lot of 10 point games with the occasional 20 every 4th game

Whos overrating him? And why are you putting more on him then what is asked? He’s not going to playmake or look for his shot alongside Paul, Booker, and Ayton. He shoots the three, defends the best perimeter wing, and moves well without the ball. Thats a steal at 18 per when that type of player is so rare

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Mann gotta be kicking himself. I'm sorry but is the gap that big between Bridges and Mann? Mann could have at least got 50 million.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
It was a time when a 4 year 50 million dollar deal would have been seen as an overpay for what he brings to the table. Now 90 for the same amount of years seems like a deal to most teams. But if they think a core of him Booker and Ayton is good enough then so be it. Still think they will need to add another piece or two once CP3 hangs em up.

Daps
All these 3&D guys get overpaid. 11 PPG in the playoffs shouldn't be getting $22-23 million per.

This was his first year averaging double digits period and obviously Chris Paul being there was the main reason for that.
This overrating of CP3 has to stop. The amount of bullshyt over the last year falsely attributing the Suns' players getting better, or their team performance (as a whole), to CP3, is some shyt that doesn't measure up to reality.

He averaged 9 points in 28 minutes in 2019/20
He averaged 13 points in 32 minutes in 2020/21.

Through natural progression and getting more minutes, his points increase is what you'd typically expect from any player. CP3 is not the main reason for that.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
This overrating of CP3 has to stop. The amount of bullshyt over the last year falsely attributing the Suns' players getting better, or their team performance, to CP3, is some shyt that doesn't measure up to reality.

He averaged 9 points in 28 minutes in 2019/20
He averaged 13 points in 32 minutes in 2020/21.

Through natural progression and getting more minutes, his points increase is what you'd typically expect from any player. CP3 is not the main reason for that.
No one's taking your Chris Paul witch hunt serious. :unimpressed:

lib123

All Star
Daps
If you are decent player in the league; can shoot open three's, not undersized, can defend, you are getting paid and if you are able to show improvement on your first contract you will be getting paid on that 2nd contract and have a chance to touch 200 million if you just maintain your level. :wow:

I wish I could hoop ya'll. :mjcry:

The Max contract and salary cap floor (teams must spend at least 90% of cap) distorts salaries for mid-level players. Without max contract players like Bron, Steph, and KD would make 80-100M per year. Superstars are subsidizing these other guys.

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Whos overrating him? And why are you putting more on him then what is asked? He’s not going to playmake or look for his shot alongside Paul, Booker, and Ayton. He shoots the three, defends the best perimeter wing, and moves well without the ball. Thats a steal at 18 per when that type of player is so rare

You said he was an elite 2way player....calling him elite is overrating him:yeshrug:

And I'm not expecting him to have 6 assists a game but theres no reason he shouldn't provide 16/6/3 rather easily