Summer Games Fest June 10th 11 am pt/2 pm

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The state of plays and Xbox events and Nintendo directs work well for the big wigs. They have there stuff, plus other devs under there umbrella.

But I'm not sure fans nor would a lot of publisher be cool with a direct from say capcom that showed two or 3 games

I mean look at what sega just did... The hype for that came and went and I personally have no interest in getting updates and drip feed sonic info, Yakuza info or persona info throughout the year from sega directs...

Just have something for E3, TGS, and maybe the game awards and call it a wrap

That schedule doesn’t work for everyone though. You cant expect multiple big publishers to all have their games ready june 10th-june 13th every year

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The state of plays and Xbox events and Nintendo directs work well for the big wigs. They have there stuff, plus over devs under there umbrella.

But I'm not sure fans nor would a lot of publisher be cool with a direct from say capcom that showed two or 3 games

I mean look at what sega just did... The hype for that came and went and I personally have no interest in getting updates and drip feed sonic info, Yakuza info or persona info throughout the year from sega directs...

Just have something for E3, TGS, and maybe the game awards and call it a wrap
I understand your argument, and while I think it’s novel in concept it’s not reality.

yes there are more eyes on e3 event than a sega direct but there’s also way more competition battling for mindshare and headlines.

reality is, if sega drops that news during e3 it’s gonna get overshadowed when Phil comes out and shows what msft been working on. Or Nintendo comes out and shows the new switch running botw2.

I think this is why smaller directs are better for smaller companies and indies. I can only speak for myself but during typical e3 week, there’s so much going on, all I Can remember are the highlights. Yea I technically saw such and such indie game but I probably not gonna remember it over the course of the week. Too much news to keep up with.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That schedule doesn’t work for everyone though. You cant expect multiple big publishers to all have their games ready june 10th-june 13th every year
Then skip E3 and do your own event. E3 isn't a requirement. It's just a place to get guaranteed views no matter what.

Much like super bowl commercial airtime

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I understand your argument, and while I think it’s novel in concept it’s not reality.

yes there are more eyes on e3 event than a sega direct but there’s also way more competition battling for mindshare and headlines.

reality is, if sega drops that news during e3 it’s gonna get overshadowed when Phil comes out and shows what msft been working on. Or Nintendo comes out and shows the new switch running botw2.

I think this is why smaller directs are better for smaller companies and indies. I can only speak for myself but during typical e3 week, there’s so much going on, all I Can remember are the highlights. Yea I technically saw such and such indie game but I probably not gonna remember it over the course of the week. Too much news to keep up with.

Hmm I disagree only because to me E3 doesn't really start until after all the big dogs go and the other publishers get there hour or so of time and then follow up days actually showing off and playing the games.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

On the flipside of that much more people will skip a Sega direct vs an E3 event. You might forget but when it's time for the game to come out you'll remember that you've seen it before and you might be inclined to purchase if you liked what you saw.

There's a ton of games that benefitted greatly from their limited time at E3, like Cuphead. So it's a lot more than just a concept.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
On the flipside of that much more people will skip a Sega direct vs an E3 event. You might forget but when it's time for the game to come out you'll remember that you've seen it before and you might be inclined to purchase if you liked what you saw.

There's a ton of games that benefitted greatly from their limited time at E3, like Cuphead. So it's a lot more than just a concept.

you can skip a sega event no matter where it takes place tho. They post the E3 schedule days in advance. You can cherry pick what you want to watch and since there are a lot of options, being that it’s E3, people will be inclined to do so.

now If sega includes there games in somebody else’s conference then yea, that’s a little bit trickier.

Cup head is debatable IMO because the only reason I know about it is because of MSFT, not E3.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last time I had a japanese breakfast was when I accidentally poured sweet & sour sauce on the my pancakes thinking it was mango syrup :patrice:it wasn't too bad honestly

Well, if it's anything the Japanese are well known for it's their sweet and sour sauce... :ehh:

That's China you idiot.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who cares about e3 just show the trailers, gameplay and give us a release date. All this celebration of games is not even necessary for me at least. I’m not really into anything besides playing the games. Idc about the devs or special celebrity speakers just show me what you got and when I can play.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching this now, really cool little show with lots of great indie stuff - Salt & Sacrifice, Chicory, La Petit Prince etc.