Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
when you have a budget of this size and certain stars, i.e. will and robbie, they were only gonna go so far with the movie...besides: the only thing being rated R wouldve done was added more cuss words and more graphic violence....which wasnt needed for this movie...

you think deadpool did what it did cause it was rated r? lol no....it did well cause it stuck to the source material, which warrants an R rating...also, cause people got caught up in the hype of it, so they just 'had to go see it'....another thing to remember: the budget was a lot cheaper for deadpool than ss, so fox was willing to take that chance....

that's cool they think that and if this was a joker focused movie, it mightve been rated R...but since it's not, it wasnt....seriously, just cause you put R on a movie doesnt mean it will do well...if you slap R on something like ss, you better make sure you have a hit cause you shrinking the potential audience pool compared to a pg-13 rating ....and i dont think WB were sure they did....

Brother Lutha Nero! I knew you'd come!!!

:steviej:

Straight up, would so many of y'all please read this post and drink it in!

Nothing but truth in the post that's why I'm quoting it:salute:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Bullshyt read. Marvel fukked around with Mandarin, Hawkeye, Ultron, Scarlett Witch and others, none of them are like the comics at all. A lot of the scenes in the DCEU are ripped directly from source material.

Bloggers done gone retarded off these clickbait pieces :mjlol:

:duck:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
when you have a budget of this size and certain stars, i.e. will and robbie, they were only gonna go so far with the movie...besides: the only thing being rated R wouldve done was added more cuss words and more graphic violence....which wasnt needed for this movie...

you think deadpool did what it did cause it was rated r? lol no....it did well cause it stuck to the source material, which warrants an R rating...also, cause people got caught up in the hype of it, so they just 'had to go see it'....another thing to remember: the budget was a lot cheaper for deadpool than ss, so fox was willing to take that chance....

that's cool they think that and if this was a joker focused movie, it mightve been rated R...but since it's not, it wasnt....seriously, just cause you put R on a movie doesnt mean it will do well...if you slap R on something like ss, you better make sure you have a hit cause you shrinking the potential audience pool compared to a pg-13 rating ....and i dont think WB were sure they did....

Exactly...they had no faith in the source material translating to cinema...and it was a money grab....hence they picked up Will and Robbie.

It just strange how characters like that are in a PG-13 world...lol...but then again the movie felt like a music video, which cheapened the expereince for me

My thing is the movie was going to make money regardless...now lets hope they dont let that director do another superhero film.

Also wish Affleck had done it...

Your point about deadpool is right and wrong....yes it did well because of the R rating...but dont act like the people that went to go see deadpool knew about the source like that.

Deadpool was a gamble....one that the producers were really confident in.

Had it done bad, nobody would have said anything...its not an establish character in an established world.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
My thing is the movie was going to make money regardless...now lets hope they dont let that director do another superhero film.

David Ayers is an incredible director and I had hopes the studio would follow in those deadpool footsteps and commit the movie to be a rated R film like it should have been but the studio execs had fukked him over in that editing room that's why the movie feels like a jumbled mess.

Also there are two versions of this movie the ayers cut and the one seen in the theaters

Blame Warner Bros for how they fukked this movie up! :Udead:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
jRnE5P6V.jpg

ClW7QBtx.jpg

MXUlXZqL.jpg

KhSQSfBR.jpg

NnFvSBJV.jpg

pAvBLPX1.jpg

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think the key to appreciating this movie is to get whatever Marvel related stuff out of your head. To date, they've just played it better than DC had

Let these guys establish their own universe first and see how it comes together.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Yeah I was curious what makes someone meta-human status? Are Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Slipknot meta-humans cause they are highly trained in something?

Meta-Human basically means having an ability, so the only meta on that list would be DIablo. Everyone else are just skilled soldiers in various fields.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Meta-Human basically means having an ability, so the only meta on that list would be DIablo. Everyone else are just skilled soldiers in various fields.
Killer Croc to? He does have some enhanced abilities right?
And Harley and Joker do they have abilities from the acid bath thing?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall know robbie pushing for the harley/joker movie...i thought of an idea for one:

they should do a bonnie & clyde type movie showing them actually kill robin....it links into the 2 movies so far cause bvs and ss both hint/talk about the act...and it can lead into the solo batman film which should be about red hood aka jason todd/robin returning for revenge....

...that shyt would make hand over fist...

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Suicide Squad Just Beat Captain America: Civil War in This One Category

Suicide Squad has broken another box office record and even outpaced Marvel'sCaptain America: Civil War in one area. Deadline reports that the DC Comics movie made $14.27 million at the US box office on Tuesday, up 9 percent from Monday. That's a record for a Tuesday in August; Monday was a record, too.

The Warner Bros. movie keeps topping Guardians of the Galaxy, which held the previous record for a Tuesday in August with $11.9 million back in 2014. Suicide Squad's $135 million domestic opening weekend shattered Guardians of the Galaxy's $94.3 million record for an August debut.

With $14.27 million on Tuesday, Suicide Squad also paced ahead of Captain America: Civil War, which made $13.76 million on the Tuesday after its release in May. It's also ahead of the Tuesday highs for Avengers: Age of Ultron ($13.1 million) and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($12.7 million).

After five days in the US, Suicide Squad has now pulled in $161.1 million, while its global haul stands at more than $280 million, according to the latest numbers on Box Office Mojo. Suicide Squad is expected to be the No. 1 movie in its second weekend, fending off newcomers like Sausage Party and Pete's Dragon.

Suicide Squad's box office success comes despite the film's middling critical reception.

In other news about Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn actress Margot Robbie recently offered up a theory on why so many of Jared Leto's Joker scenes were cut from the movie.

Looks like the people have spoken, and they don't agree with the critics.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
yall know robbie pushing for the harley/joker movie...i thought of an idea for one:

they should do a bonnie & clyde type movie showing them actually kill robin....it links into the 2 movies so far cause bvs and ss both hint/talk about the act...and it can lead into the solo batman film which should be about red hood aka jason todd/robin returning for revenge....

...that shyt would make hand over fist...
Nah a Thelma & Louise movie with poison ivy would be dope