Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
He's the fukking joker breh.

You think just cause this batman kicked a grenade back at some goon that he's the type to locate and murder someone out of anger?

Honestly all this killer batman stuff to me is hyperbole, bvs didn't make me feel like this batman is a straight up killer. More reckless but not on some arrow s1 shyt.
:comeon:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right because sadistic killers in a comic need a pg 13 when translated to screen....fukk outta here

There is a reason deadpool did so well

Throw in the fact that Leto and the director both mentioned their thoughts on if it was rated R

when you have a budget of this size and certain stars, i.e. will and robbie, they were only gonna go so far with the movie...besides: the only thing being rated R wouldve done was added more cuss words and more graphic violence....which wasnt needed for this movie...

you think deadpool did what it did cause it was rated r? lol no....it did well cause it stuck to the source material, which warrants an R rating...also, cause people got caught up in the hype of it, so they just 'had to go see it'....another thing to remember: the budget was a lot cheaper for deadpool than ss, so fox was willing to take that chance....

that's cool they think that and if this was a joker focused movie, it mightve been rated R...but since it's not, it wasnt....seriously, just cause you put R on a movie doesnt mean it will do well...if you slap R on something like ss, you better make sure you have a hit cause you shrinking the potential audience pool compared to a pg-13 rating ....and i dont think WB were sure they did....

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Only way a Joker movie works is if you did a prequel and tell a story of him starting from the bottom to where he is now.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They hate to see DC win :banderas:
Haters like
tumblr_inline_obj0b2Rtn11qhwxkz_500.gif

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people went to see this for the joker. straight up

it was kinda underhanded but their marketing department deserves a raise

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I never understood this.

Pay $12 for a movie and walk out like a petulant child brehs.
When I read that post I pictured the guy walking out feeling so good about himself as he left the theater too. Like "Yeah, I really accomplished something today:smugbiden:"

:russ:
"They might've gotten my money but they didn't get my time! :myman:"

:mjlol:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"They might've gotten my money but they didn't get my time! :myman:"

:mjlol:

Yo! The film room had a classic thread about this dude who used to walk out of movies all the time. At times it seems like dude was walking out of a movie every other week.

I like to imagine these people had spent an extra $12 on a drink and popcorn as well before they walked out.

:lolbron:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Yea the beginning of the movie is so clunky it makes you think the whole thing will be bad but it settles into a groove once the characters are introduced. It's hard to pinpoint for me why this movie wasn't good, it's not like I hated it. Somewhere there is an original shooting script that would have made a dope ass flick. Once again the suits ruin an artistic vision with their corny focus groups and "edgy" music choices. I literally hit the :snoop: when that "My Name Is" song started playing.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yea the beginning of the movie is so clunky it makes you think the whole thing will be bad but it settles into a groove once the characters are introduced. It's hard to pinpoint for me why this movie wasn't good, it's not like I hated it. Somewhere there is an original shooting script that would have made a dope ass flick. Once again the suits ruin an artistic vision with their corny focus groups and "edgy" music choices. I literally hit the :snoop: when that "My Name Is" song started playing.

Me too that shyt felt so out of fukking left field... :mjlol: I knew ayer wouldn't have done that stupid shyt...