Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suicide Squad represents everything wrong with the DC movie universe

But the Marvel movies faithfully captured the spirit of those characters and the fun and adventurous vibe of the Marvel Comics world. They felt like comics come to life.
The trio of DC universe films we’ve seen so far have come across more like challenges to their source material — and at times have seemed intentionally disrespectful.
The shared idea that connects the films is the potential consequences of god-like super-people: The conflict in Batman v Superman was sparked by the massive urban destruction caused by the final battle in Man of Steel, and the team in Suicide Squad is put together by a government agent who fears what might happen if an evil Superman who doesn’t share America’s values ever arrives. In other words, these movies are literally driven by fear and terror of superheroes.
And the heroes they give us are rather fearsome: In massive deviations from comic book lore, both Superman and Batman murder people. Batman’s casual approach to killing, in particular, goes against essentially everything the character has stood for. The Suicide Squad is a team full of villains, led by a crack-shot assassin that the movie attempts to humanize in a handful of laughable scenes where he’s shown as loving his school-aged daughter.
Unlike the Marvel movies, which so effortlessly capture the essential sensibility of the Marvel’s printed comics, none of the characters in any of the DC films is a truly faithful rendering of his or her comic-book persona.
Even the superhero cameos in this year’s DC movies barely make sense. Both Batman and the Flash appear in Suicide Squad, but they don’t serve any purpose except to advertise that they exist in this world. They don’t tell us anything about the characters or advance the plot. Wonder Woman’s more-of-a-cameo-appearance in Batman v Superman suffers from the same problem: She’s a cipher with nothing to do.

Marvel, in contrast, has made its many crossover cameos into miniature art forms.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
More nonsense.

#1 their is countless scenes among the 3 dcu films that are taken straight from the comics.

#2 not every comic is some light hearted romp with jokes every second. A lot of the most celebrated arcs in comic book history are dark,adult orientated comics. This idea that comic book films have to be light hearted and "fun" is total bullshyt.

#3 batman has killed in comics before. Some of his earliest comics have batman killing.

#4 This jerk off marvel session is just nauseating. So dc's cameos aren't good enough but marvel does it perfect? fukk outta here. I geek the fukk out at the batman and flash cameos in ss they were great. Any comic fan would love them.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I was being sarcastic breh breh. If you haven't noticed marvel stans are running around making up every excuse they can to call this a flop and ignoring all logic.

All in all...... if we gonna go off the "but it made money cuz it made over its budget" theory then we probably need to reevaluate so many movies that was unfairly Labeled FLOPS in the first place....

And I'd be more than happy to tell people Ghostrider 1 and 2 werent flops:banderas:..... technically Ang Lee's Hulk wasnt a flop, neither was Green Lantern and Superman Returns. :ehh:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
All in all...... if we gonna go off the "but it made money cuz it made over its budget" theory then we probably need to reevaluate so many movies that was unfairly Labeled FLOPS in the first place....

And I'd be more than happy to tell people Ghostrider 1 and 2 werent flops:banderas:..... technically Ang Lee's Hulk wasnt a flop, neither was Green Lantern and Superman Returns. :ehh:
Breh green lantern was a flop. As was Hulk, as was superman returns.

All those films failed to make 2x it's budget at the box office.

They probably lost 100 million on green lantern.

SS made more than green lantern in like 3 days :heh: and with a smaller budget

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Breh green lantern was a flop. As was Hulk, as was superman returns.

All those films failed to make 2x it's budget at the box office.

They probably lost 100 million on green lantern.

SS made more than green lantern in like 3 days :heh: and with a smaller budget

:dwillhuh:Bu bu bu bu bu but they did make more than their budget........ small victories:ld:

didnt flop:mjcry:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:dwillhuh:Bu bu bu bu bu but they did make more than their budget........ small victories:ld:

didnt flop:mjcry:
Ghost rider films made small money at least :yeshrug:

But yeah domestic theatres take 40-50 % of the cut. Worldwide it varies from.country to country. China takes like 70-75% :wow:

So typically films have to make 2-3× it's budget to be profitable. Bunch of variables but 2x has always been the rule of thumb.

Of course theirs many other revenues coming. Streaming,Blu Ray, DVD, tv rights,merchandising,product placement, marketing deals etc:ehh:

None of us ever really know what the threshold for a film to be profitable is because theirs just so many variables. But if one film has a sequel is cancelled and another has spin offs and shyt well,you know what time it is.

For example that last Riddikk film made over 2x it's budget but it wasn't until the DVD/Blu ray sales came in that universal green lit another sequel.

So green lantern with a 200 million budget and 219 gross is :whoo: a huge loss of money.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
I loved how they didn't show him die or explain how he lived.

That's one of his gimmicks in the cartoon and comic books, joker always seemly dies only to show up unexplained later. If you don't see joker taking his last breath, he aint dead.
Yeah I get it,
What I'm saying is, why is the joker still breathing in a world with a lethal Batman? :jbhmm:
Word to red Hood :dame:

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
jRnE5P6V.jpg

ClW7QBtx.jpg

MXUlXZqL.jpg

KhSQSfBR.jpg

NnFvSBJV.jpg

pAvBLPX1.jpg

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Yeah I get it,
What I'm saying is, why is the joker still breathing in a world with a lethal Batman? :jbhmm:
Word to red Hood :dame:
He's the fukking joker breh.

You think just cause this batman kicked a grenade back at some goon that he's the type to locate and murder someone out of anger?

Honestly all this killer batman stuff to me is hyperbole, bvs didn't make me feel like this batman is a straight up killer. More reckless but not on some arrow s1 shyt.

Last edited: