Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
while i like what DC has done with the mu, i like what marvel has done with the mu too because both are sticking to the comics....which is all we as fans of the comics can ask.....the not interacting early on in marvel's mu is sticking to the comics....unlike DC, there were no superbeings/metahumans just around, they had to be created by something happening....so until that something happens and creates more of them, it's gonna be hard for them to interact.. ..

i dont want people to get it twisted: i'm not saying people have to like DC movies and/or marvel movies...what you like/dont like is up to each person.....and while yes, we can ask for high quality movies, which i'm down with...what i'm not down with is asking for DC to make movies like marvel using DC characters, and vice versa....what seems to be happening...i want them to keep sticking to the comics and presenting the movies their own way, while improving on that shyt....

dope read..

i agree totally

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

oxna9lqmwq08.gif

If we get an Aqualad appearance?
124866_o.gif

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it last night. The first and second acts of this movie are a mess. Once they land in midway and actually are on a mission the movie gets out of it's own way and just lets the characters (all of whom are good) do their thing. I'm with the "This is a bad movie but I'd give a sequel a chance" crowd. Directors, writers, and editors owe this cast a good movie.

There were about ~10 walkouts (all before the real action started). Was in a large group. One of the dudes is a huge DC stan, muttered "This is the worst movie I've ever seen" and walked out.

Find it funny people are mad at reviewers for saying it's not like/as good as Guardians, when they CLEARLY go for a GotG vibe with the everyone is an anti-hero comedian one liners. The movie is not "dark" or "gritty in any way, shape, or form.

Joker isn't the best part of the movie. In fact in some scenes he doesn't really even feel all that enigmatic. I kept on waiting to see who this joker was, and he's kinda just a crazy dude. Hopefully he's in Ben's Batman to flesh him out more, as I do think there's some good there.

I never understood this.

Pay $12 for a movie and walk out like a petulant child brehs.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The worst thing about the internet are the reviews. The internet turned everybody into cynical a$$holes.

It turned every Tom, dikk and Hank on YELP who have never been to a 3 star restaurant into food critics. Every vacationer who has never been to anything better than Panama City is suddenly a world traveler who write negative reviews about their latest stay at Days Inn. You seriously 2 starring Days Inn? Worst of all, it turned everybody into Goddamn Siskel and Ebert.

I don't really stan Marvel or DC. I would hope they both make great movies for us to watch, but the negativity surrounding this movie was way over the top.