Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Movie was good not great.

That's all I'm saying dog. There are only a handful of GREAT comic book movies. Decent amount of good. Some solid, some average. Some horrific. SS wasn't anything CLOSE to horrific.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
that nikka never gonna die. I'm convinced he has a Lazarus Pit sauna at Arkham or some shyt.

The funny thing about this statement is.. when I saw Joker go down I just expected him to show up within the next 5-10 mins and they don't even have to give a reasonable explanation as to why he's alive.

He's fukking immortal at this point. They might as well say it's his superpower.. nikka is on some MumRa ever-living type Sh*t

Was looking forward to this movie and again.. disappointed. (and I didn't even pay to see it)

I officially give up on DC outside of the animated or TV stuff.
:snoop:

Wonder Woman looks like it might have potential.. but fukk that. I may not even watch these movies on Kodi
they are Fantastic Four, Transformers levels of ass to me now.

They don't exist.

I've still got Star Trek, Star Wars, Everything Marvel ... Dr. Strange is coming in November I'll be good without them

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The funny thing about this statement is.. when I saw Joker go down I just expected him to show up within the next 5-10 mins and they don't even have to give a reasonable explanation as to why he's alive.

He's fukking immortal at this point. They might as well say it's his superpower.. nikka is on some MumRa ever-living type Sh*t

Was looking forward to this movie and again.. disappointed. (and I didn't even pay to see it)

I officially give up on DC outside of the animated or TV stuff.
:snoop:

Wonder Woman looks like it might have potential.. but fukk that. I may not even watch these movies on Kodi
they are Fantastic Four, Transformers levels of ass to me now.

They don't exist.

I've still got Star Trek, Star Wars, Everything Marvel ... Dr. Strange is coming in November I'll be good without them

Movie has the same RT score as Green Lantern.

Audience reviews are almost the exact opposite of the "critics" reviews.

That's absurd man no matter how you slice it.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
All of these comic book movies villains have been weak IMO especially on the MCU side (not counting Bucky...NOPE).

Zod is still EASILY the best so far in both cinematic universes IMO. Enchantress was rather meh though. Can't disagree there. Here brother was more gully IMO.
She was ok in the dirty witch mode. Just not the one with that shyt on her head.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Movie has the same RT score as Green Lantern.

Audience reviews are almost the exact opposite of the "critics" reviews.

That's absurd man no matter how you slice it.

I agree that it wasn't as bad as Green Lantern however... both movies are forgetable.

I can't think of anything that happened that made the movie.. interesting. I thought I would at least get a few awesome DeadShot scenes

that one scene where he stands on top of the car shooting demons.. boring. Who wrote this movie.. fukking idiots. I barely know these characters and I feel like I could come up with something more interesting for all these characters without spending crazy money on CGI
(what did Killer Croc do... Tear one or two demons in half and SWIM FAST ?!? His best scene was telling us that he's beautiful)

and to me.. I don't think they spent much on that either. The last fight.. smh... why is Enchantress the main villain...and then how they used her..

dumb as fawk.. I'm done talking about this shyt.. I might legit get mad.. lol

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The way I saw it, harley's "accent" is a mask she puts on, the slip ups were her regular harleen quinzel personality breaking through in moments of emotional weakness...

Thats the way I saw it as well.

It's funny,everybody that is critics of the DCEU say they're try hard,overly serious,attempt to be complex blah blah.

But then they take everything that happens at complete face value and refuse to entertain any thought that scenes,moments,dialogue etc have a deeper meaning or explanation.

If the people making the film's are trying to insert some depth why wouldn't their be deeper meanings or explanations?

They talked about this on Screenrants podcast. Maybe Harley isn't as crazy as she seems

Similar to the animated series.

She basically admits she uses that voice cause it's fun.

In the New 52 comics Joker fukks with her about how the chemicals didn't really alter her like they did him. Its just an excuse for her actions.
Suicide-Squad-Vol.-3-15-page-12-660x1014.jpg

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Saw it last night. The first and second acts of this movie are a mess. Once they land in midway and actually are on a mission the movie gets out of it's own way and just lets the characters (all of whom are good) do their thing. I'm with the "This is a bad movie but I'd give a sequel a chance" crowd. Directors, writers, and editors owe this cast a good movie.

There were about ~10 walkouts (all before the real action started). Was in a large group. One of the dudes is a huge DC stan, muttered "This is the worst movie I've ever seen" and walked out.

Find it funny people are mad at reviewers for saying it's not like/as good as Guardians, when they CLEARLY go for a GotG vibe with the everyone is an anti-hero comedian one liners. The movie is not "dark" or "gritty in any way, shape, or form.

Joker isn't the best part of the movie. In fact in some scenes he doesn't really even feel all that enigmatic. I kept on waiting to see who this joker was, and he's kinda just a crazy dude. Hopefully he's in Ben's Batman to flesh him out more, as I do think there's some good there.
yea i agree 100% idk what dudes are seeing that im not but this shyt was as light as any marvel movie even without the music. Only thing dark about it was that it took place at night. I didnt expect it to be dark tho but unlike in guardians the jokes in this were mostly just bad. Drax>boomerang, rocket>diablo, harley>gamorra (mostly cuz gamorra didnt say much and harley had the better outfit :takedat:), deadshot>star lord (mostly cuz its will fukking smith tho but i thought the scene where star lord saves gamorra was better than any deadshot scene), groot>the rest because they aint do shyt and i didnt give a fukk about them

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman: Assault on Arkham is what this movie should have been.:martin:

no, it shouldnt have been...that's not a good way to introduce more characters to your universe...cause that movie wouldve been all about batman and the joker...this was a good origin film, like it needed to be....the next film can be some type of take on assault on arkham....or they can go after deathstroke...

speaking of which: they better cast a damn good deathstroke soon...i just have no idea who they should get lol....i figure he should be a lil older, but not too old so he can be in multiple movies and pull off the combat scenes....

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
no, it shouldnt have been...that's not a good way to introduce more characters to your universe...cause that movie wouldve been all about batman and the joker...this was a good origin film, like it needed to be....the next film can be some type of take on assault on arkham....or they can go after deathstroke...

speaking of which: they better cast a damn good deathstroke soon...i just have no idea who they should get lol....i figure he should be a lil older, but not too old so he can be in multiple movies and pull off the combat scenes....

Give Slade the Silver Surfer treatment...Ron Perlman voices him, CG/Stuntman the rest.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This should have been DC answer to Deadpool with a hard R-Rating and ridiculous violence

no, it shouldnt have....this movie was right where it needed to be....the only thing an R wouldve done was add more gore, violence, and language, which this movie didnt need...

if DC does an R rated movie (which i doubt), it will be Lobo....an R fits his character....if marvel every does an R rated movie (which i doubt), it'll be for the thunderbolts...an R fits those characters....and that's the smart way to go about it: you can get away with so much with a pg-13 rating, that pg-13 is the way to go until you have a character an R would fit better....dont be like Fox dumb asses, and be over-reactionary putting R ratings on everything now....wolvie shouldnt be R, but that's another topic....