Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give Slade the Silver Surfer treatment...Ron Perlman voices him, CG/Stuntman the rest.

dont think ayer would be down with that...he doesnt want to use a cgi only character.....that's the reason king shark wasnt in this movie...

thought of someone: the guy that was the werewolf in 'true blood', the main love interest of the chick...joe m (something)....he has potential to be a good slade...

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That was a good looking scene but not much was really going on outside of it looking decent. It wasn't particularly well-choreographed, it didn't really let us know about the character, and those grunts were pretty much the putties from power rangers.

We already knew that Deadshot was a great shot from when he shot those targets do cleanly that there was only one bullet hole in each target.

To show you what I kinda mean, do you remember the scene in GOTG when Groot let loose and pretty much cleared out a huge chunk of those bad guys at the end of the movie? The reason that scene worked is because, until that moment, we haven't really seen what Groot looks like when he's trying to let loose. We knew that Rocket kept him around for some reason but he looked more like a big lovable dope than any kind of body guard.

Then we see him finally let loose and it's pretty much like "Oh shyt, THIS is why Rocket trusts Groot with his life despite the dumb mistakes he makes". We feel exactly what Star Lord feels when he's looking in awe

I like the scenes that build on the characters personality and gives you insight into who they are.. It's why my favorite Harley scene isn't any of her fight scenes but when she tries to stab Batman underwater. It perfectly expresses her unpredictable and explosive personality to where she'd try to kill you even while she's in unconsciously drowning to death.

But if you like that scene that Deadshot scene, I see why. It's pretty much the best looking action scene in the movie even if I wish they let Will do a little more.

Now that was my favorite Deadshot scene. I'm not talkin to you errand boy, I'm talkin to your boss.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Once I accepted this movie was PG-13 I was able to digest it better...and I found it entertaining. But at the same time...I know that there's a better Suicide Squad movie if some brave soul just pulls the trigger

Warner Bros aint letting the sequel be rated R cause they want the kids to come see it... :coffee: if it's one thing for certain WB cares about is selling toys and getting the kids money...

They could have had this movie like the deadpool movie but like i said.... :coffee:

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
OK since we are talking budgets and box office let me brake some things down so bare with me. To those trying to downplay the success of this film by using the Budget agianst it. (Plenty of Marvel films have 150-200 Million budgets as well) Trust me WB is having a huge party over this. NOBODY even the biggest Box Office Experts had "Suicide Squad" breaking any records. WB just broke the record for most consecutive years over 1 Billion at the Domestic Box Office (17 Years 99-Present) First let me explain something about Movie Revenue, the whole (It needs to make 3x it's budget) isn't all the way true. Yes a film does have to make a the bare minunum DOUBLE it's budget before Studio can see anything. That's true. The reason the 3x's isn't fully true is because there are SEVERAL revenue streams for movie (Home Video DVD/Blu-ray, Streaming (Netflex, Hulu etc), International Gross, Television Rights, etc).

Also when a studio releases "Production Budget" most people think that doesn't include marketing. You are correct because studios don't inlcuding marketing dollars in the Budget because most of the time (Not all) the marketing money is already written off by production credits and rebates. Also a studio never wants the public to truely know how much they spent marketing a project. Only on Really huge blockbusters does the marketing money go past rebates. Rumors are Disney spent over 150 Milllion Markting "The Force Awakens" (Budget 150, Marketing 150). Fox spent 125 Million Marketing "Avatar".

"Suicide Squad" a year ago, tracking for this film was at about 65-70 Million. Most of that was based on Will's Star Power because Neither Jared (Never had a 100 Million grossing film) nor Margot (She's had a few but she's didn't drive the film and was a supporting character) are huge box office draws dispite playing legendary characters. The 175 Budget for Suicide Squad was definitely mostly Actors Salaries, Effects, Locations. Let's put this into context. "Star Trek" (185 M Budget) and "Bornue" (120 M Budget) both popular franchises barely cleared 60 Million. "X-men" (178 M Budget) coming off a well recieved "DOFP" came in at 65 Million. Even the "Ghostbusters" reboot cost over 150 Budget and that clearly ain't recouping came in 56 Opening Weekend. "Independence Day: R" cost 165 Million (41 Million Opening weekend) just as much as "Suicide Squad". "Suicide Squad" outperformed all of these titles, no way anyone can spin it as a flop.

But something happen between "Civil War" and "Suicide Squad". It was a very lackluster summer for movergoers. Way to many underperformaing blockbusters. All the sudden "Suicide Squad" became an event blockbuster that you would expect in May or even July. Even with Batman in a cameo and Joker all over the marketing, as well as Harley Quinn finally getting on the Big Screen, "Suicide Squad" is nowhere near a premier comic book title of other DC heroes or even Marvel. Tracking didn't start to uptick until about 2 weeks ago when fandango saw a huge spike in presales. Many box office sources that I know personally said that even WB is floored by those numbers as their inside tracking had it at about 80 Million at best. When pressed by the media they finally put out a number of about 110 Million (Once the fandango reports came in) so they were still unsure at the final hour.

Just as nobody saw "Guadians" breaking the record (Oh yeah Guadians had a 200 Million Budget by the way), Nobody thought this film could do it let alone break it by 40 million. It also had a very strong hold for Monday at about 13.5 Million. If "Guadians" made 330 Million and BatsVSupes made 330 Million than if "Suicide Squad" ends up beating both and possible "Deadpool" becoming the 2nd highest grossing comic book film domestically than I don't see how you can say this is anything but a huge success. Now yes if the Legs fall apart and lets say it tops out at about 250-260 then yes one could argue there is possibly bad word of mouth. The bottom line is DCEU is ahead of Marvel box office wise after their first few films:

(First 3 Films) Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 = 1.4 Billion

(First 2 Films) Man of Steel, BatsVSupes = 1.5 Billion (After Suicide Squad they will be well pass 2 Billion after only 3 movies)

You could agrue yes they had to bring out the big dogs to get those numbers (Hulk was a big dog for Marvel that underperformed by the way) but the reality of the matter is you can't be bias and say Marvel did great out the gate (When they really didn't as Hulk and Iron Man 2 weren't that great) while saying DC didn't when clearly they are putting up the results. Critical Accliam is missing yes but I'm looking at the critics sideways when they give great reviews to average Marvel films while piling on and bashing DC films. The point is there is clearly a HUGE demand for DC comic characters. Marvel does not have the monopoly they've had over the last 4 years since "The Dark Knight Trilogy" ended. As long as "Wonder Woman" does well (It Will as Supergirl, Catwoman and Electra are it's only competition for female solo films and they all flopped) then you transistion to Justice League for the Holidays and DC wil have 5 Successful Films, 3 of which already broken records.

Now I will say this and after a long time thinking about it, Yes "BatsVSupes" should of done over a Billion and it's clear it fell just short because there were issues with the film that people couldn't just get behind. And that's fair. In no way am I saying all 3 films were flawless Classics but they also weren't "TRASH", "Worst Comic Book Movies Ever" as RT Critics would have you believe. (DareDevil has a higher score than SS and BvS, lol) "Man of Steel" IMO did everything it needed to do to reintroduce Superman to general audiences after that lackuster "Returns". "Suicide Squad" to me delievered and gave WB/DC a whole new blockbuster franchise out of left field. Overall I think DC needs to continue what they are doing. "Suicide Squad" is vastly different than anything I've seen from Marvel as far as giving us the Dark Comic Book Vibe (Sans Blade of course). As a fan of both DC and Marvel I want them to co-exsist but they can't when people aren't giving DC a fair shake because they are so afraid of Marvel having some competition.

DC-Universe-Characters-mc7xv3rf1mydi0est2ksfru9sfdomrvej1gzct84qg.jpg

THIS IS THE REALEST THING SAID IN THIS WHOLE THREAD

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
DC really knows how to do the intros well. I thought B Vs S intro was great. And I think this had a great way to intro all of these characters. With that said, though, the movie had some moments. But overall, I felt like I was watching "Legends of Tommorrow" with a better budget and better actors. The whole movie wasn't that way but overall it was. The CW feel with the witch really hurt this film. I'll give credit for Black Excellence with Will and Viola. Killer Croc not Black Excellence. I was really cheering for Harley. I thought she killed her role overall until her Aussie accent gave away. That's just too much of a amateur mistake.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Warner Bros aint letting the sequel be rated R cause they want the kids to come see it... :coffee: if it's one thing for certain WB cares about is selling toys and getting the kids money...

They could have had this movie like the deadpool movie but like i said.... :coffee:

Joker Leto going to the WB execs office like :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why is this joker still alive? :patrice:

The funny thing about this statement is.. when I saw Joker go down I just expected him to show up within the next 5-10 mins and they don't even have to give a reasonable explanation as to why he's alive.
I loved how they didn't show him die or explain how he lived.

That's one of his gimmicks in the cartoon and comic books, joker always seemly dies only to show up unexplained later. If you don't see joker taking his last breath, he aint dead.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's one of his gimmicks in the cartoon and comic books, joker always seemly dies only to show up unexplained later. If you don't see joker taking his last breath, he aint dead.

Even in Assault on Arkham, Joker was supposedly did, but Waller said "but they didn't find the body".

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Same thing happened with the car chase as well.

The real "Ghost"

Breh kept popping up like
full

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
fukk all the pessimistic ass critics, and the sheep that follow.. this movie was fukking DOPE
Midway through the movie im left confused as to how this movie got such a bad rating, except for the misplaced Eminem song when everyone was tooling up, this was enjoyable through and through

Let me guess Not enough Joker??, fukk it I was happy this movie didnt give the spotlight to this overused character
Will Smith and Margeret Robbie killed it
Action was dope. Diablo was a beast in this movie, great character.

Jared Leto as Joker wasnt anything that special, he was ok definetly the weakest outta Jack, and Heath

Anyways...Part 2 Please :ohlawd:

Last edited: