Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
TDK is the worst thing to happen to DC movies in general

The 1st question everyone wants to know when a new CBM comes out is it better or on par with TDK. TDK is a once in every 15-20 years event when it comes to CBMs, Nolan couldn't make another one even if his life depended on it.

This was true of TDKR and maybe a bit with Man of Steel, in part because of Nolan's marginal involvement, but we're past that.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You've never seen anything like it because critics don't usually drag comicbook films through the mud like they have been doing, unless that shyt seriously deserved it (batman and robin)

Alot of it is because dc stans don't wanna admit that dc isn't putting out their best effort.

But some of the fans reaction is because they are starting to see the critics being unfare with these scores.

I was just in another thread saying that dc should just get out of the cinematic business because I truly thought them nikkas made another blade trinidy going by the early impressions. Bvs was a dud and I thought this movie was on that level, but I was surprised because the shyt was entertaining. More entertaining than a few marvel movies I saw because the critics called it the best shyt ever, only to be disappointed.

Only the dark knight holds up due to the joker.

Let's be honest begins had terrible editing, the fight scenes were headache inducing. Scarecrow was wack. Ra al goul was rushed and sloppy.

And I can pick rises apart for days.

If those to movies dropped right now, they would be sitting in the 20% range.

Critics SAVAGED Fan4stic...and Green Lantern....and ASM2 to a lesser degree.....and no one lost their mind about it.

Breh, you just said you think BvS is a dud....but critics are biased for....agreeing with you? :what:

Nolan's Batman films would NOT be sitting at 20% today. Come the fukk on.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Critics SAVAGED Fan4stic...and Green Lantern....and ASM2 to a lesser degree.....and no one lost their mind about it.

Breh, you just said you think BvS is a dud....but critics are biased for....agreeing with you? :what:

Nolan's Batman films would NOT be sitting at 20% today. Come the fukk on.
IF any other studio released a dud like thor 2 or ultron they'd be ravaged.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Critics SAVAGED Fan4stic...and Green Lantern
Those movies deserved it. Green lantern has the same score as SS and that is fukking rediculous. ASM 2 has a better score than all the dc films.
I thought the shyt wasn't that good but I don't think it's as bad as thor1 and im23.
I don't think it's as bad as green lantern that's for sure.
Nolan's Batman films would NOT be sitting at 20% today. Come the fukk on

Maybe not the 20% but they would be lower than any of the Marvel films, except for dark knight.

Those films were great because comicbook movies were pretty bad back then and it was refreshing to see one taken seriously. Marvel has better movies than both rises and begins. Dark Knight is still the best comicbook of all time tho.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
7,7.5/10 was cool. Margot sucked...will smith and the woman from the murderer show on point...meh story meh CGI..was ok

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
Will smith held this mess of a movie together and Jared letos joker compared to Heath ledger was a joke dudes laugh was corny as hell was not convincing at all seemed like a Closet Fak

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this. During that climax i told my breh "wtf is this ghostbusters?" and then 20 seconds later Dr Moon comes out of the crumbling rock and we both laughed.

Guess this was the 2nd ghostbusters remake of the summer :troll:
Yo, that's what I thought as well. The whole ending gave me a Ghostbusters vibe. Hell, this felt more like Ghostbusters than the remake did.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:leon:

giphy.gif

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
7,7.5/10 was cool. Margot sucked...will smith and the woman from the murderer show on point...meh story meh CGI..was ok
@lutha this is one of those reviews u were talking about. Say its good then at the end call it just ok. Lol

Also first person to post that Margot sucked. :dead:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Just got back from seeing this.

Please help me understand what was so bad about this film?

I thought it was pretty good. These "terrible" film reviews are blatant cyses and exaggerations for clicks and attention.

Will, Margot, and Viola absolutely killed it.

I'm seriously fukkin confused.

I can understand the BvS hate (somewhat), but this shyt? Are these critics fukkin serious?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Iron man 2 has a rt of 72% and thor 77%.

While suicide squad is sitting at a 26%

How can you not see the critic bias in these films?.

Quote for fukkin truth. I'm done with these "critics"

You mean to tell me that 1 out of 4 of these clowns liked SS, but nearly 3 out of 4 liked IM2 and Thor 1????

SS is easily better than those 2 jawns. shyt, it's better than IM2 and IM3, and Thor 2 easily to me. Thor 1 wasn't bad, it was just kinda generic, but SS beats that too. The critic rating is complete horseshyt and it's clear that these cats are full of shyt.

The only Marvel Jawns I personally put on par and/or above SS are:

Winter Solider (still the best Marvel Jawn IMO)
Civil War
Avengers 1
Iron Man 1

That's fukkin it. While the rest of their movies are definitely not horrible, to say that some of the more average and clearly weaker Marvel jawns get 2 to 3 more times the critics love is fukkin absurd.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
@lutha this is one of those reviews u were talking about. Say its good then at the end call it just ok. Lol

Also first person to post that Margot sucked. :dead:

I wouldn't say she sucked, but her performance is def a bit overrated. Could be the all-over-the-place writing as well but most of the time her performance didn't really gel. It certainly didn't help she couldn't maintain Harley's accent one bit, dropping in and out of it constantly.

Great cosplay though, can't deny that.:manny:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just got back from seeing this.

Please help me understand what was so bad about this film?
Can't speak for others but just about everything in regards to enchantress, just horrid. There was a point where they had to depower her because the SS were illequipped to even sustain a reasonable attack.

I think the story would have been better served going with the theme of bad vs evil with Waller in the cut playing puppet master. Joker should have been the villain the tone should have been more grounded to hide how weak the gang really are 3rd act should have built to Harley choosing the crew over joker and solidifying the SS as a family. Just so many other routes they could have taken than what we saw