jokerconceptart5.jpg

jokerconceptart7.jpg

jokerconceptart11.jpg

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
which is why im actuallly happy WB/DC decided to go leg out with SS in thi universe early, expanded the roster quick which is good for interactions in te future movies..

something i find silly in the MCU where no one interacts that much like they're not all around :patrice:

while i like what DC has done with the mu, i like what marvel has done with the mu too because both are sticking to the comics....which is all we as fans of the comics can ask.....the not interacting early on in marvel's mu is sticking to the comics....unlike DC, there were no superbeings/metahumans just around, they had to be created by something happening....so until that something happens and creates more of them, it's gonna be hard for them to interact.. ..

i dont want people to get it twisted: i'm not saying people have to like DC movies and/or marvel movies...what you like/dont like is up to each person.....and while yes, we can ask for high quality movies, which i'm down with...what i'm not down with is asking for DC to make movies like marvel using DC characters, and vice versa....what seems to be happening...i want them to keep sticking to the comics and presenting the movies their own way, while improving on that shyt....

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
uestion: why do the DC movies have to be 'great' to be enjoyed?....i'm seriously asking cause this isnt the first time i've heard someone say this....

Because Chris Nolan set the damn standard for DC comic movies with his movies :comeon:

If they aint on par or better than his movies :camby:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i say suicide squad is a mess because its problems are structural. the very foundation upon which the film is built is broken.

thor 1 was a very mediocre movie but its still built on a solid foundation, it just never rises to the occasion.

would it help if i said iron man 2 was a terrible piece of shyt?

you just keep proving my point even further lol....you describe ss the way you do, and give it no breaks...while at the same time saying a marvel movie is just like it, but you come up with reasons why even though it is, but it isnt....if you think one movie is a mess, then another movie that exactly like it should be considered a mess too....but for whatever reason, that isnt happening...

*disclaimer - i'm not singling you out nor am i asking you/anyone to change how yall view the movies, i was asking that question in general, just wanted to spark a covno while at work....thanks for answering....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Chris Nolan set the damn standard for DC comic movies with his movies :comeon:

If they aint on par or better than his movies :camby:

lol damn.....thanks for being honest and answering....

side note: to me, only one of those nolan movies sets a standard (dark knight)...the other 2 are not as good as they are hyped up to be...begins is ok, and while returns is a avg film...and so far to me, the 3 DCEU movies have been better than the 2 nolan films not named dark knight.....

Daps
Reppin
NYC
you just keep proving my point even further lol....you describe ss the way you do, and give it no breaks...while at the same time saying a marvel movie is just like it, but you come up with reasons why even though it is, but it isnt....if you think one movie is a mess, then another movie that exactly like it should be considered a mess too....but for whatever reason, that isnt happening...

*disclaimer - i'm not singling you out nor am i asking you/anyone to change how yall view the movies, i was asking that question in general, just wanted to spark a covno while at work....thanks for answering....

once again i don't think there is a single marvel studios movie that is as structurally broken as suicide squad.

having said that, they HAVE made movies that are a lot less watchable :jbhmm:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i truly don't think there is a single movie in the marvel studios lineup that is as bad as MOS or BVS. :yeshrug:

as for suicide squad, if i wasn't already a fan of these characters and these concepts, and i was just an average movie goer who wasn't knowledgeable about harley or her past with the joker... i might have hated the movie too. :yeshrug:
So you didn't see Age of Ultron I am assuming.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
i say suicide squad is a mess because its problems are structural. the very foundation upon which the film is built is broken.

thor 1 was a very mediocre movie but its still built on a solid foundation, it just never rises to the occasion.

would it help if i said iron man 2 was a terrible piece of shyt?
tumblr_inline_o5691vUEg31rf2m46_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
NYC

what dont understand about structure in movies?

thor 1 has a cohesive story, characters with motivation, and an understandable human struggle. it's just generic.

suicide squad's narrative is all over the place, characters aren't given clear motivations, and things just kind of happen.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
So Thor and Thor 2 are better than MoS? No way bruh. Action alone Mos shyts on Thor , Antman, iron man 2 :scust: iron man 2 is one of the worst movies of the entire marvel universe, almost green lantern levels. It is not better than Mos neither is Ironman 3 , that shyt was mediocre as hell. MoS action pieces alone shyt on those films.

Definitely a bias. I can't take anyone serious who thinks iron man 2 is better than mos.

IM2 is garbage, along with Thor 2, & IM3 is boring af, the main shyt happens at the end of the movie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
what dont understand about structure in movies?

thor 1 has a cohesive story, characters with motivation, and an understandable human struggle. it's just generic.

suicide squad's narrative is all over the place, characters aren't given clear motivations, and things just kind of happen.

Suicide Squad is the fukking Dirty Dozen with comic book characters...as a team their motivations were quite clear: they either wanted to get out of jail or keep their heads from being blown up so they did what Waller told them to do.

Individually they had clear motivation too:
Harley was a nut defined by her twisted relationship with Joker and she wanted to be reunited with him.
Deadshot wanted to be with his daughter and barring that wanted to give her a reason to be proud of him.
Flagg was in love with a freaky witch.
Joker wanted his girl back.
El Diablo was guilty over killing his family and at the end wanted redemption.
Enchantress wanted to get out from under Waller's control and take over the world.
Waller was a patriotic control freak who rationalized all of her actions by claiming it was to protect her country.
Croc wanted BET.:troll:

Boomerang and Katana were given short shrift in the motivation department in as much as it explained why they were part of The Suicide Squad I will give you that but by that same token I bet you couldn't tell me shyt about the character motivations of Natalie Portman's big tittied friend or any of the Warriors Three or even Thor's mom in either Thor movie.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
lol damn.....thanks for being honest and answering....

side note: to me, only one of those nolan movies sets a standard (dark knight)...the other 2 are not as good as they are hyped up to be...begins is ok, and while returns is a avg film...and so far to me, the 3 DCEU movies have been better than the 2 nolan films not named dark knight.....

Consensus is that all three are the best comic book movies that also elevated the genre (critics and fans) :manny:

So if follow up movies aren't on par or better they will be heavily scrutnised.

Comparing them to Marvel's films is a cop-out because the DC movies were branded on being above "Marvel's popcorn films" and being the best of genre.

So to start comparing them to those films instead of the Holy Trinity just seems like a self-admission that the film in question quite frankly wasn't good enough:yeshrug:.