Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
again...if you walked in to that theater, and did NOT find the movie entertaining and enjoyable I have to question anyone's ability to just be objective.

to me that is all the matters when I watch movies. I go in for entertainment. I ain't tryna write a dissertation afterwards or get all intellectually involved with every movie I see.

I want to have an enjoyable night out, watch a movie and be entertained.

and this movie delivered. anyone saying they weren't entertained by this movie is just TRYING to be different...and TBH I feel the same about most of the super hero movies...DC or Marvel.

Now if we wanna talk about things they could have done better, or ways they could have made the plot or characters more entertaining that is different.

but there are LITERALLY ppl out there that are saying this movie wasn't entertaining or enjoyable at all. and Some calling it trash.

really though?

These are the ppl that intentionally go out of their way to be miserable in their daily lives and I ain't got time for negative fools like that.

life is to short to be complaining about comic book movies lol.
I hear ya. Its not trash....But this movie didn't deliver what was expected. It was chopped up all to hell by paranoid editing and it's noticeable.

I was entertained for a good portion of the movie but it didn't hit the beats it had promised. Jokers role was cut all to hell, the villains were lame and it just didn't feel epic as we all thought it would be.

And maybe thats our fault for getting to wrapped up in this whole comic universe where we think all these movies are gonna be classics. Marvel heads are laughing cuz that's what they do and DC heads are left scratching their heads. Bvs and SS both were underwhelming and ain't nothing can be done about that.

But if u smart, u don't get caught up in all the dc/marvel hoopla, and just want to be entertained. So it worked for u bruh, but too many people on this forum are so invested in this war it hurts their feelings when a movie that's supposed to be great ends up falling flat.

I'm not a dc nor marvel die harder but I wanted this to be a great film and for me it did not deliver outside a few moments.
Maybe I'll like it more on a second watch.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
again...if you walked in to that theater, and did NOT find the movie entertaining and enjoyable I have to question anyone's ability to just be objective.

to me that is all the matters when I watch movies. I go in for entertainment. I ain't tryna write a dissertation afterwards or get all intellectually involved with every movie I see.

and this movie delivered. anyone saying they weren't entertained by this movie is just TRYING to be different...and TBH I feel the same about most of the super hero movies...DC or Marvel.

Now if we wanna talk about things they could have done better, or ways they could have made the plot or characters more entertaining that is different.

but there are LITERALLY ppl out there that are saying this movie wasn't entertaining or enjoyable at all. and Some calling it trash.

really though?

These are the ppl that intentionally go out of their way to be miserable in their daily lives and I ain't got time for negative fools like that.

So....your opinion matters and others don't. Got it. If you like something, everyone should. And if not, they're miserable people. Uh huh.

:dead:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

really though?

I enjoyed it but I can totally empathize with the people that didn't. What you find entertaining someone else may not.

When I eat a McDonald's cheeseburger I'm not expecting much and I appreciate it for what it is, but there are people out there who consider it trash regardless and won't go near it.

Also I think it should be noted that DC comics is one of the most important and iconic brands around and when it comes to their movies and their characters people want more than "meh, it was somewhat entertaining"

Especially when another company in the same superhero landscape is dropping classics and/or near classics almost annually.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I hear ya. Its not trash....But this movie didn't deliver what was expected. It was chopped up all to hell by paranoid editing and it's noticeable.

I was entertained for a good portion of the movie but it didn't hit the beats it had promised. Jokers role was cut all to hell, the villains were lame and it just didn't feel epic as we all thought it would be.

And maybe thats our fault for getting to wrapped up in this whole comic universe where we think all these movies are gonna be classics. Marvel heads are laughing cuz that's what they do and DC heads are left scratching their heads. Bvs and SS both were underwhelming and ain't nothing can be done about that.

But if u smart, u don't get caught up in all the dc/marvel hoopla, and just want to be entertained. So it worked for u bruh, but too many people on this forum are so invested in this war it hurts their feelings when a movie that's supposed to be great ends up falling flat.

I'm not a dc nor marvel die harder but I wanted this to be a great film and for me it did not deliver outside a few moments.
Maybe I'll like it more on a second watch.
I ain't gonna say much until I see the directors cut.

Cuz too many Joker scenes were deleted for my liking. and I understand ppl that have those types of gripes.

My whole thing is the blatant fanboyying and the blatant LYING saying this movie wasn't entertaining or that it was trash.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So....your opinion matters and others don't. Got it. If you like something, everyone should. And if not, they're miserable people. Uh huh.

:dead:
that's pretty much what I said... :stopitslime:

I'm saying ppl are straight up LYING if they are saying this movie wasn't entertaining and enjoyable.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Lying? Come on :dead:
so you are saying you watched that movie and didn't find it entertaining?

the characters, the humor, the music, the action, didn't entertain you?

I mean I get the gripe with ppl not expecting certain things, or hoping they could have made some changes or done things different. but you out right lying if you didn't find it entertaining.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Lying? Come on :dead:
Well, in his defense there are people who will lie just cuz they taking sides. That's just the coli.

that's pretty much what I said... :stopitslime:

I'm saying ppl are straight up LYING if they are saying this movie wasn't entertaining and enjoyable.
I can't say everyone who didn't like the movie was lying. I was entertained maybe half of the movie. Some scenes hit others were flat. The ending was bad. The plot was wack. The characters were dope but they are trapped in a not so good movie.

Some of us want an overall great movie not just some good scenes here and there.

The biggest stan, troll whatever u wanna call him who I thought for sure would love this movie said it sucked. He's not lying, he's genuinely disappointed. Many of us are. Casual fans of the genre will probably like it more than the die hards.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Suicide Squad Creator on Critics: "If Every Superhero Film Is Not 'The Dark Knight,' They'll bytch"

AUGUST 08, 2016 9:18am PT by George Johnston

Suicide Squad Creator on Critics: "If Every Superhero Film Is Not 'The Dark Knight,' They'll bytch"
suicide_sqaud_will_smith_margot_robbie_still_h_2016.jpg

Warner Bros.
piece for Comicmix to share what he thought about the adaptation of his seminal work.

"I really liked the film. Not perfect by a long shot, but a really good time in the movie theater. And for me a lot of it was just amazing," he wrote. "The look, the detail, the feel of the film is not something I’ve seen in superhero movies before.”

The writer also praised Viola Davis (Amanda Waller), Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) and Will Smith, saying the actor makes Deadshot his own — with Ostrander dismissing those who criticized Smith's casting (in Ostander's version, Deadshot was white.)

But Ostander took issue with the critcal backlash the film has received, writing that it seems that some critics are just tired of superhero or "tentpole films" and would like to see the Hollywood trend come to an end.

"Look, I get it – they have to see all the films out there and they must be tired of all the blockbusters. If every superhero film is not The Dark Knight, they’ll bytch," he wrote. "I think that’s going on here to a certain degree. Just as I came prepared to love the movie, they came prepared to hate it."

Even so, Ostrander admitted the film was far from perfect.

“The antagonist(s) are not well defined and, to my mind, you need a good antagonist to help define the protagonist(s)," he wrote. "It’s the antagonist who usually sets the plot in motion and it is defined by what they want. The story is a little more generic 'we have to save the world' than I usually did; I always liked having one foot squarely in reality.”

Suicide Squad opened to $135 million over the weekend, but dropped sharply on Saturday, possible due to poor word of mouth.

'Suicide Squad' Cast Responds to Negative Reviews: "Critics Have Been Absolutely Horrific"

'Suicide Squad' Cast Responds to Negative Reviews: "Critics Have Been Absolutely Horrific"
suicide_squad_still.jpg

'Suicide Squad' Clay Enos/Warner Bros.
Talking to Digital Spy, Jay Hernandez, who plays El Diablo in the pic, admitted that he has been "bothered" by the negative reviews that have piled onto the movie so far. "I think it sucks," he said. "Obviously, we worked hard and tried to give the fans what they wanted."

Joel Kinnaman, who portrays Rick Flag, was slightly more diplomatic when talking to the same outlet, saying, "Of course you want critical acclaim, of course, but what matters is what the fans think. We're really proud of this film, we loved making it, everybody on the film has become really close friends and this is like a work of love and I hope the fans like it."

That line of diplomacy was echoed by Will Smith, who told Reuters that he thought that "people had expectations that may have been different, but I'm excited for the fans to get to vote."

Meanwhile, Cara Delevingne seemed more hurt by the critical response to date. "The critics have been absolutely horrific, they're really, really horrible," she complained to Reuters. "You know, I just don't think they like superhero movies." (Shhh ... nobody tell her about the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight.)

The overwhelmingly negative reviews for Suicide Squad have already provoked strong responses from director David Ayer and DC Entertainment fans, with a section of the latter launching a petition to close down review aggregate site Rotten Tomatoes in an attempt to prevent people from seeing how poorly the movie has been faring with critics.

Should the fans appreciate the movie in the way the cast hopes, Suicide Squad could hit the currently projected $130 million-$140 million take for its opening weekend.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, in his defense there are people who will lie just cuz they taking sides. That's just the coli.

I can't say everyone who didn't like the movie was lying. I was entertained maybe half of the movie. Some scenes hit others were flat. The ending was bad. The plot was wack. The characters were dope but they are trapped in a not so good movie.

Some of us want an overall great movie not just some good scenes here and there.

The biggest stan, troll whatever u wanna call him who I thought for sure would love this movie said it sucked. He's not lying, he's genuinely disappointed. Many of us are. Casual fans of the genre will probably like it more than the die hards.

question: why do the DC movies have to be 'great' to be enjoyed?....i'm seriously asking cause this isnt the first time i've heard someone say this....

ex: co-worker of mine saw the movie, when i asked him what he thought, he said and i quote 'it was good and i would tell others to see it, but since it wasnt great, i felt it was just ehh, ok'....so, even though he thought the movie was good and would recommend it to others, since he didnt think it was 'great', it went from good to just 'ehh, ok'?....

that's what i dont understand....it seems if the movie isnt 'great', nothing else matters and people wanna bash it, just look in this thread...some people really gave the movie 6-7 (which is considered good, at least a lil above avg, on a 10 scale), but they still bashed it like it was one of the worst movies they've ever seen and say shyt like 'it was ok....wasnt that bad....below avg'....that doesnt make sense to me....how is a 6-7 'below avg'? lol.....

and no, i'm not saying people have to like this movie...i've said time and time again that the only person you enjoy shyt for is yourself, so what you like/dislike is cool....it's just when you try to have a convo about it, their answers dont make sense......people will name more pros than cons for the movie, but still call it a shytty movie lol...or if someone says they just didnt like it and you ask them why, the answer they tend to give is 'i dont know, i just didnt' lol...there was a guy that said that exact thing when leaving the theater after watching it....he was with 2 other people, they asked if i liked it, i said i did...the other 2 said they did too, but their friend didnt...when i asked him why, his answer was 'i dont know, i just didnt'....that's the only thing you can say?...yet & still everyone wants to play professional critic though, smh....