Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
BOX OFFICE: SUICIDE SQUAD Opens With A Record-Shattering $133.7 Million ($267M Worldwide)

Suicide Squad had quite a rollercoaster weekend, to say the least. The latest Warner Bros.tentpole kicked off its theatrical run on a major high with a fantastic Thursday & Friday, which shot box office projections up to a $145-150 million weekend, but after an unprecedented 40% drop on Saturday, expectations came crashing down to the much more realistic $130-135 million range yesterday afternoon.

Earlier today, the weekend actuals finally arrived and the David Ayer-directed film has officially opened at an outstanding $133.68 million domestic, which while lower than projected, is more than good enough to shatter the previous August opening weekend record held by Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy ($94.3m). It also barely edges out Deadpool's $132.4 million February opening, becoming the third highest opener for a comic book movie this year, and ninth highest all-time. Internationally, the film has performed slightly better than expected with an opening weekend of approximately $133.3 million from about 68 foreign markets, bringing its current worldwide sum to just around $266.98 million.

With the first weekend out of the way, all eyes are now looking ahead to the film's performance next weekend with many box office pundits predicting the possibility of a major drop, although many believe it may not be quite as severe as the 68% second weekend drop suffered by Zack Snyder'sBatman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice back in April. Even though the reviews have been more or less on par with the last DC cinematic adventure, the fan reception has been a little better this time around with the film even scoring a "B+" on CinemaScore, which while not great for a comic book movie, is still fairly decent and better than the "B" that Batman v Superman received.

Only two films are arriving in theaters next weekend, the family-friendly Pete's Dragon and the R-rated comedy Sausage Party, which are catered to two entirely different audiences, and unless one manages to surprise, neither should provide enough competition to knock Suicide Squad from the #1 spot at the box office.

BOX OFFICE: SUICIDE SQUAD Opens With A Record-Shattering $133.7 Million ($267M Worldwide)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:mjcry:
ux7khCf.jpg

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Nah you posted about the percentage drops :dead:

Trying to spin it in any negative way you can
bro you read it wrong don't get caught up with all these fanatics comics wars. we all want DCEU to succeed look at @Bryan Danielson he probably want DCEU to succeed more than anybody else has needed anyone before (including WB), he even made cease and desist thread for the fanatics to stop the Ill will malice the childish behavior the "you should like this movie even if you don't"

An olive branch let's stop this now, im happy for Will im happy for his franchise. i want to see SS 2 i want to see JL

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Bottom line regardless of what I think of the movie, the teen crowd loved it and those are the people buying Harley Quinn merchandise and all that shyt. It don't matter what some :flabbynsick: Marvel stans thought of the film.

:manny:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that image of joker firing the machine gun from the chopper LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF really worked for me. didn't really get what the film was trying to communicate (rescuing harley clearly wasn't a joking matter for his character) but on a surface level that image encapsulates joker to me. i thought leto's performance was inconsistent overall but there were definitely some gems like that right there.

i think they really need to reconsider his look though. he isn't very striking visually, which is something you should never EVER say about the joker.

I was thinking that they could of done without that scene and all the scenes of him in present day planning the rescue. They should of left all the scene in the flashbacks and the breakout at the end.

i enjoyed it more than any marvel movie :yeshrug:

I wouldn't say that.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't say that.

the only complete "marvel" movie i enjoyed more was blade 2

but when it comes to these new movie flicks, i've only enjoyed the captain america series and ant-man. everything else from marvel is a bit too campy and comedy for what i'm looking for. dc needs to just go full rated r and stop flirting with it.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The intro and bar scene are the only things the movie got right, the stuff with enchantress is the kind of shyt that can actually kill this genre, I mean faceless blobheads that aren't even a threat getting killed over and over again was that suppose to have us at the edge of our seats? That shyt worked in avengers because most of them had abilities. Shyt can get boring real quick with just punching and shooting..

Ps low key the top 3 that got the most exposition were viola, will and Jay if anything I got to respect Ayer fodat :salute:

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
Deadshot and Waller carried this movie for me
And I tried to put on my hardest militant face but Harley was so :noah: in the beginning
Background characters we're entertaining and cool looking too though.
One thing I didn't like is the "villains "
And it didn't make much sense for the squad to be used on this kind of mission, wasted potential here:francis:
Also :russ: at them half added introductions for that random asian guy that came in all late
(Uh.. He can climb stuff.. :unsure:)
Already know he was gonna be made an example out of:umad:
6/10
Better than anything fox put out at least​

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
Watched it on Saturday in 3D and have to say the first 10 minutes are crazy;

SPOILERS

Batman cameo in Deadshot's intro :gladbron:

Joker cameo in Harley Quinn's intro and then Batman shows up again :gladbron::gladbron:

The Flash cameo in Captain Boomerang's intro :gladbron::gladbron::gladbron:

I would have loved to see each Justice League member arrest each Suicide Squad member (even if in the comic books its Batman who arrests all of them)

Imagine an underwater scene where Killer Croc was in the ocean after doing some dirty work and Aquaman caught him :gladbron: