Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
advanced movie metrics :troll:

i just find it funny a certain breh is comparing this movie to the movie it tried so hard to be while this movie had Joker and Batman in the marketing plus one of the biggest movie stars of the past 20 years + a rising star who is arguably the most attractive woman in hollywood playing a hugely popular character.. :sas2:
In fairness gotg has Chris pratt who the marvel stan coalition have informed is a A+++ star who's mere mention on a billboard is box office gold.:sas1:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
6/10, it just didn't do it for me, I had a few chuckles but overall the jokes were weak. I liked the Harley and Joker dynamic, even though I'm not sold Leto's Joker yet, we'll see how he does in future roles.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i finally caught this.

honestly? i didn't think it was THAT bad. it wasn't great, in fact i would even hesitate to call it good... but i kinda enjoyed it. i could totally see why critics are tearing it apart because as a film it fails in many respects, but i consumed it like junk food. a lot of things didn't make sense, the story was all over the place, there were many terrible subplots... but i was still mildly entertained.

will smith

probably the best thing about the movie overall, will is still a beast and a natural movie star. in fact he's so likable i wonder if it truly is impossible for him to play a bad guy in a movie.

harley

not great, not anywhere near the show stealer a lot of people are making her out to be... but she was okay. some of the jokes don't land really well but she has the chops to overcome it. all in all i enjoyed her.

joker

in some ways i thought he was great, in some ways i thought he was horrible. the character felt bipolar at times and i couldn't determine if it was intentional or just a misguided try-hard performance. also i find it very odd that we get a fully realized comic brought to life batman in all his visual glory... only for the joker to be someone else's off-brand contemporary reinterpretation.

i must say though, i really did enjoy him some parts. i really like that they put emphasis on the gangster and crime boss aspect of the character, because that is how i was first introduced to him as a child. sure he was loony and chaotic but he always had goons. i really dug that here. the fact that this crazy lunatic murdering psychopath has a seemingly endless organization of people doing his bidding makes him that much more of a threat. the shootouts with the crazy masks was pitch perfect joker henchmen stuff.

then again you could also argue that portraying joker as a love-sick romeo undermines all of it.

batman

it was short but it was :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:. wish we got that movie instead. better than anything we got in BVS.

story

terrible, just terrible. an ancient demon is threatening the world and the government needs the suicide squad... the government needs HARLEY QUINN... to save the day?? couldn't flash take a break from capturing criminals for awhile and help out? the whole time i'm thinking why the fukk do they need the suicide squad? what the fukk is HARLEY QUINN going to do??? it was at that point i came to realize that i was not the 13 year old girl they were trying to cater to.

verdict: 2 out of 4 stars. not a good film but i thought it was an okay time killer.

best film in the DCEU by default because the other 2 were complete garbage fires.

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i like letos heroin flow, hiv, homo-thug joker. i need to see some of that cut footage, can tell so much was missing

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
o save the day?? couldn't flash take a break from capturing criminals for awhile and help out? the whole time i'm thinking why the fukk do they need the suicide squad? what the fukk is HARLEY QUINN going to do??? it was at that point i came to realize that i was not the 13 year old girl they were trying to cater to.
i thought it was obvious that the justice league wasn't on earth at the time

and harley is the one who mortally wounded enchantress :umad:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Media and stans trying to tell you why every DC film is a financial failure

giphy.gif

You playing PR for Warner Bros when they're not paying you and have no idea you exist.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Damn man,DC might need to reboot this universe the movie was trash way too many flashbacks, weird music cues, bad dialogue, and unfocused plot.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:usure: bruh...better than this?

Batman-Brawls-322a5.gif
it's all about framing. by the time this empty sequence occurs in the movie i was already counting down to the end credits.

also i don't think snyder communicated any physics during the fight. everything just happens so fast and you don't get to absorb a single moment, just a hodgepodge of action shots.

also i prefer my batman to NOT stab people.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whats jokers affinity towards snuffing out black men to establish dominance :skip: soon as i saw common doing his best impression of key, doing HIS best impression of a tough black guy--i knew breh was done for :dead: but healths joker did it better :mjpls:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
it's all about framing. by the time this empty sequence occurs in the movie i was already counting down to the end credits.

also i don't think snyder communicated any physics during the fight. everything just happens so fast and you don't get to absorb a single moment, just a hodgepodge of action shots.

also i prefer my batman to NOT stab people.
Yet you cape for Tim Burton batman who kills people :dead: