Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Redundant helicopter crashes, scenes cut short and that damn rolling Stones song they play in every fukking movie made the cipher complete.
Brah as soon as I heard that song:stopitslime:

That shyt is in like every movie
There needs to be a "overplayed songs in movies" thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Deadshot meeting Waller was probably the best scene in the movie. Had multiple layers, explained things about the characters without wordy exposition, set up their characters perfectly but subtly, and had actual tension.
Nah when Deadshot was poppin them creatures standing on the top of the cop car and the soldiers were lookin like YOOOOO!:dwillhuh:

THAT scene was dope!

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
so disappointing. surprised how bad it was. the movie was beneath will smith but i understand the why he did it. havent read the reviews but leto was bad. probably the worst iteration of the joker ive seen. the overacting was cringe worthy.
Easily the worst Joker I've ever seen. Movie was so pathetic and try hard. Harley had such cringe lines

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And Leto was giving out rats and condoms to co-stars for that performance? I'm glad they cut back on this dude's scenes :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
No one is saying that breh.

But you're sitting here saying it's been playing in front of theater since january as if that 7 straight months of bombardment is common :heh:

We didn't even know the name of the new bourne movie til the TV spot dropped during the superbowl.

The new Denis Villenueve movie drops in 92 days. No trailer yet.(smaller film but still)

Chris pratt and Jennifer Lawrence Passengers. A $120 million flick comes out in December. Again. No trailer.

Plus you tried to discount the comicon trailer for Suicide Squad dropping 13 months before the movie.

And then act like the studio would be satisfied with only $600 million for a movie that has been in the public consciousness for that long. It's laughable.

No. What's laughable is dc films having to live to a standard that NO OTHER FILMS have to live by.

Suddenly making over 3 times the budget is a failure when that makes 0 sense in the history of film just because a comic con trailer was released.

So is captain American first avenger a failure? Was iron man a failure? Was every single x men film other than dofp a failure? Is 90% of films failures?

Sorry but I don't believe you, you need more people.

At BEST you can say WB would be disappointed with less than 800 Million. Not that the film needs that much to break even.

Never have I ever seen a company suddenly have all these wild box office numbers thrown at it with people saying it needs to make this or its a failure. It's fukking absurd.

People weren't calculating ant man's box office drop percentage with a fine tooth comb,investigating marketing budgets,catering budgets,telling you what it needs to make to be successful.

Gotg had a 232 million budget, had its first official trailer 6 months before it came out and was shown at comic con over a year before it came out,also had a huge marketing budget and 773 million is seen as a wild massive success.

But now if ss made 773 million that's what " breaking even."

Give me a fukking break.

Dudes are seriously taking into account the time between the release of the first trailer and the actual movie release into their calculations of box office now? Motherfukkers are about two steps removed from dropping Scott Steiner math to explain why such and such movie is a success/failure.:laff:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
you mean the movie that ended in a dance off is comparable to suicide squad? :heh: how>?

you marvel stans are sick. because i objectively enjoyed SS more than ANY prior marvel effort, i must not like comic book movies? :dead:
No it means you have shyt taste. This is probably the worst comic book movie I've seen since Blade Trinity

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No it means you have shyt taste. This is probably the worst comic book movie I've seen since Blade Trinity

ZskGddD.gif

Nah....

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah when Deadshot was poppin them creatures standing on the top of the cop car and the soldiers were lookin like YOOOOO!:dwillhuh:

THAT scene was dope!

That was a good looking scene but not much was really going on outside of it looking decent. It wasn't particularly well-choreographed, it didn't really let us know about the character, and those grunts were pretty much the putties from power rangers.

We already knew that Deadshot was a great shot from when he shot those targets do cleanly that there was only one bullet hole in each target.

To show you what I kinda mean, do you remember the scene in GOTG when Groot let loose and pretty much cleared out a huge chunk of those bad guys at the end of the movie? The reason that scene worked is because, until that moment, we haven't really seen what Groot looks like when he's trying to let loose. We knew that Rocket kept him around for some reason but he looked more like a big lovable dope than any kind of body guard.

Then we see him finally let loose and it's pretty much like "Oh shyt, THIS is why Rocket trusts Groot with his life despite the dumb mistakes he makes". We feel exactly what Star Lord feels when he's looking in awe

I like the scenes that build on the characters personality and gives you insight into who they are.. It's why my favorite Harley scene isn't any of her fight scenes but when she tries to stab Batman underwater. It perfectly expresses her unpredictable and explosive personality to where she'd try to kill you even while she's in unconsciously drowning to death.

But if you like that scene that Deadshot scene, I see why. It's pretty much the best looking action scene in the movie even if I wish they let Will do a little more.