Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
im amazed marvel stans REALLY MAD people love the movie

nikkas is legit UPSET people enjoy it

dawwwwwg I AM IN TEARS LOOOOOOL... talk about fuccery....
I read a lot of write ups about the opening weekend for suicide squad
Obviously the movie got bad reviews and it went against their narrative to see it make such a huge OW. To see fans actually like it as well especially the prime under 35 demo that you really want to impress hurt them a lot.
That's why I'm seeing people talking about drops and how BvS was a flop 2nd week this will be too.

I mean the movie just posted the biggest august opening and Worldwide opening for a CBM not released in all territories this year.
Still gotta search for that negative though
Its ridiculous and a by product of this marvel vs DC fanboy war

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Hes barely in the movie but still managed to bring the fukkery

Him with all the juelz :russ:

Made that one guy kiss the ring:mjlol:

Him and Harley in the club is what i've been waiting for when it comes to how crazy they both are. Joker saying random crazy shyt while Harley is dancing like a thot coked up on E. Common sitting there like :dwillhuh::sadbron::lupe::whoa:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Him and Harley in the club is what i've been waiting for when it comes to how crazy they both are. Joker saying random crazy shyt while Harley is dancing like a thot coked up on E. Common sitting there like :dwillhuh::sadbron::lupe::whoa:
Yo i legit felt sorry for Comm! :mjcry:

He was lookin like "maaaaan i dont want no parts of this shyt maaaaan!":francis:

There was alotta dope scenes
It was over the top
But they went and tried something a lil different.
I respect that

That one scene you can tell was longer and more deranged the scene where he has her on the table about to zapp her ass up

I wanna see the real shyt

Cause that shyt was fukked up

Daps
Reppin
NYC
that image of joker firing the machine gun from the chopper LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF really worked for me. didn't really get what the film was trying to communicate (rescuing harley clearly wasn't a joking matter for his character) but on a surface level that image encapsulates joker to me. i thought leto's performance was inconsistent overall but there were definitely some gems like that right there.

i think they really need to reconsider his look though. he isn't very striking visually, which is something you should never EVER say about the joker.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Call Harley a bytch trying to complement Joker :damn:
Start copping pleas when he realizes Joker is pissed :flabbynsick:
He had no chance :ufdup:

Honestly I'm surprised I like the Joker so much in this. He didn't get enough screen time and I was worried about the tattoos but honestly you hardly even notice them in this movie half the time.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
that image of joker firing the machine gun from the chopper LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF really worked for me. didn't really get what the film was trying to communicate (rescuing harley clearly wasn't a joking matter for his character) but on a surface level that image encapsulates joker to me. i thought leto's performance was inconsistent overall but there were definitely some gems like that right there.

i think they really need to reconsider his look though. he isn't very striking visually, which is something you should never EVER say about the joker.
I liked the Joker in this
Mainly cause I thought all that extra shyt
The tats
The gold
The teeth
I didnt think that would work for ME
But i liked it
he was creepy
Had a degree of BOSS about him
Still bugged out
And all at the same time just cartoony

This just me tho

Im "intrigued" at this point

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yo i legit felt sorry for Comm! :mjcry:

He was lookin like "maaaaan i dont want no parts of this shyt maaaaan!":francis:

There was alotta dope scenes
It was over the top
But they went and tried something a lil different.
I respect that

That one scene you can tell was longer and more deranged the scene where he has her on the table about to zapp her ass up

I wanna see the real shyt

Cause that shyt was fukked up
Being forced to take a rescue mission with the threat of dying from something implanted in you. Crashing into an evacuated city and walking away unscathed, where did we see that before? Escape from NY perhaps

some sort of extraterrestrial display beaming in the middle of a city, faceless (literally this time) minions running all around the joint jobbing left and right to the central characters and the mother/master of their creation is in the cut (saved for last).

Where have we seen that before? Erm avengers, avengers 2, Thor 2, man of steel e.t.c

There was nothing even grey about the squad let alone villainous, and the tone of the movie was light and there was barely any real action or story, worst of all they copied the comp like Ayer said he wouldn't. :camby:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
6 out of 10 could have been way better, will was good but came off as will smith and not a villainous assassian. hell most of the squad seemed like anti heroes which I hated, nikkas wasn't evil enough. Like let them be bad with dark humor, low key shld have been like deadpool. Will stayed with his mask off to, I hate that shyt like with the last Spider-Man films. Margaret was nice some of her scenes felt forced like she constantly needed to say something quirky n shyt, yea Harley is annoying and talkative but they hammered it on. Lol she kept on goin in and out of that accent was kinda fukkin up my vibe. If you wasn't will or Margaret then yo ass barley got screen time which I found was wack; croc's design was dope until he took off his shirt and had that extra big head. Also felt the "typical black" characteristics were used on him, dat BET thing was cringe. Diablo was the most developed like how they did his powers with the words and contstructs (tho that prison footage looked like ass :mjlol: ) wasn't a fan of his devil transformation or whatever dnt know if dats actually a power of his. Captain boomerang was straight comedic relief and was useless, I was dying at his bootleg Arkham remote batatang recorder. Katana was meh could have done more and had better hand to hand and did some cool sword soul moves. Loved O girl that played Waller, amazing and her n Bruce at the end was dope. Flagg and the soldiers were wack, eastwoood son was steady in the limelight. Fight scenes were meh, end boss battle pure ass. Liked when deadshot went off on them monsters. Loved enchantress' look n powers tho her characterization was wack, her bro even wacker (and dat horrible cgi). Transitions and edits :laff: oh WB suits u are fools. Made a already average movie with a subpar 6week made script worse; heard there was a possible deathstroke version :what: why not go with that. Joker was different I was liking what I saw even tho it was short, dat simp shyt need to go asap. Also need more unpredictable and crazy from him, the criminal mobster angle is ok but that ain't my joker. Batman killed it, watching him descend on deadshot was like lookin at the animated series come to life. Flash cameo was wack to me, dat corny ass line and dude voice put me off. Oh and they overlapped music in to many scenes.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This movie is about a 7.5/10 :ehh:

I'd say it's about as good as Ant Man and Thor imo. It's not fukking with Marvel's best.

However, this really was a DC movie we could have "fun" with :ohhh:

Still wish I could see Ayer's original vision.

I can't defend this movie like I did BvS. If somebody says they think it was trash I'm not gonna argue. There are obvious flaws. :yeshrug:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I liked the Joker in this
Mainly cause I thought all that extra shyt
The tats
The gold
The teeth
I didnt think that would work for ME
But i liked it
he was creepy
Had a degree of BOSS about him
Still bugged out
And all at the same time just cartoony

This just me tho

Im "intrigued" at this point
I think his Joker can get better over time :manny:

There were legit moments I felt I was watching BTAS Joker.

Heath may ruined the game for all Jokers to come after him though (no pun)