Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
This movie is simply forgettable, that whole ending was garbage.

The only thing that interests me about this film is if we get a Ayer's version without the studio interference, although he did write the shyt dialogue so I would't expect there to be a huge difference that would change my mind about it.:martin:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
One of my only cons...Joker was such a simp, but according to that article, the scenes that got deleted had Joker HOHQ.

and that random
Common
cameo :russ: nah! it didn't bother me though I was trying to figure out if that was him.
even if the deleted scene had him slapping around harley he was still doing waaaaay too much imo to get her back....i've nvr seen joker care that much about harley during the animated show, shyt was weird

and yea i didnt get the point of casting dude to play "random guy number 5" :mjlol:....remember all the speculation of who he was playing before it came out? :russ:
i enjoyed it more than any marvel movie :yeshrug:
cmon now breh :mjlol: it wasnt even different enough from a marvel flick to even say this :pachaha: stans be wilding

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cmon now breh :mjlol: it wasnt even different enough from a marvel flick to even say this :pachaha: stans be wilding

these marvel and dc movies are nothing alike. there's no marvel equivalent of suicide squad either.

and how am i stan? this is the first dc movie i've enjoyed.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
there's no marvel equivalent of suicide squad either.

66216-11298-99213-1-new-thunderbolts.jpg

:coffee: Coming soon....

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
these marvel and dc movies are nothing alike. there's no marvel equivalent of suicide squad either.

u mean in movie format right? even then idk how u dont see similarities with guardians but whatever breh if u not a stan then clearly u just dont like comic book movies or something so your opinion is moot now....stick to the ol reliables on the board

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whatever breh if u not a stan then clearly u just dont like comic book movies or something

you mean the movie that ended in a dance off is comparable to suicide squad? :heh: how>?

you marvel stans are sick. because i objectively enjoyed SS more than ANY prior marvel effort, i must not like comic book movies? :dead:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

You mean a movie where a bunch of criminals join forces to beat a seemingly unstoppable being :jbhmm:

Come on now. What this COULD and SHOULD have been would have been unlike anything. Maybe. Guess we'll find out on the uncut version

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
you mean the movie that ended in a dance off is comparable to suicide squad? :heh: how>?

you marvel stans are sick. because i objectively enjoyed SS more than ANY prior marvel effort, i must not like comic book movies? :dead:
u aint see enchantress belly dancing and busting all kind of moves during the movie :heh:....
el diablo turned into a flaming groot for fukks sake :mjlol:
out of fukking nowhere might i add :pachaha:....u think this is better than winter soldier breh so clearly your taste in cohesive movies is trash or maybe u really like ghostbusters :yeshrug:

and im not a marvel stan dumbass....i own man of steel on bluray :russ: and i got it when it first came out not even discounted :ufdup:...i didnt even say it was a bad movie, its just not that good :francis:....saying u enjoyed it more than any marvel movie sounds like the biggest stan comment of all time tho. Like what was the point of u even bringing up marvel if you're not a stan :jbhmm: if u not tho cool :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Why is it only dc films have marketing budgets apparently :dead:
No one is saying that breh.

But you're sitting here saying it's been playing in front of theater since january as if that 7 straight months of bombardment is common :heh:

We didn't even know the name of the new bourne movie til the TV spot dropped during the superbowl.

The new Denis Villenueve movie drops in 92 days. No trailer yet.(smaller film but still)

Chris pratt and Jennifer Lawrence Passengers. A $120 million flick comes out in December. Again. No trailer.

Plus you tried to discount the comicon trailer for Suicide Squad dropping 13 months before the movie.

And then act like the studio would be satisfied with only $600 million for a movie that has been in the public consciousness for that long. It's laughable.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No one is saying that breh.

But you're sitting here saying it's been playing in front of theater since january as if that 7 straight months of bombardment is common :heh:

We didn't even know the name of the new bourne movie til the TV spot dropped during the superbowl.

The new Denis Villenueve movie drops in 92 days. No trailer yet.(smaller film but still)

Chris pratt and Jennifer Lawrence Passengers. A $120 million flick comes out in December. Again. No trailer.

Plus you tried to discount the comicon trailer for Suicide Squad dropping 13 months before the movie.

And then act like the studio would be satisfied with only $600 million for a movie that has been in the public consciousness for that long. It's laughable.
No. What's laughable is dc films having to live to a standard that NO OTHER FILMS have to live by.

Suddenly making over 3 times the budget is a failure when that makes 0 sense in the history of film just because a comic con trailer was released.

So is captain American first avenger a failure? Was iron man a failure? Was every single x men film other than dofp a failure? Is 90% of films failures?

Sorry but I don't believe you, you need more people.

At BEST you can say WB would be disappointed with less than 800 Million. Not that the film needs that much to break even.

Never have I ever seen a company suddenly have all these wild box office numbers thrown at it with people saying it needs to make this or its a failure. It's fukking absurd.

People weren't calculating ant man's box office drop percentage with a fine tooth comb,investigating marketing budgets,catering budgets,telling you what it needs to make to be successful.

Gotg had a 232 million budget, had its first official trailer 6 months before it came out and was shown at comic con over a year before it came out,also had a huge marketing budget and 773 million is seen as a wild massive success.

But now if ss made 773 million that's what " breaking even."

Give me a fukking break.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guardians of the Galaxy did everything this movie should have done. Movie should have slowed down and let the characters interact more.

Deadshot meeting Waller was probably the best scene in the movie. Had multiple layers, explained things about the characters without wordy exposition, set up their characters perfectly but subtly, and had actual tension

-Deadshot is a hired gun but he's no common thug that murders senselessly. He immediately sized up Waller as the boss and Flag as her lackey. Shows his moral compass and a willingness to defy Waller which is actually pretty rare.

-Waller is a manipulate, uncaring bytch. She saw a criminal ready to kill a guard and immediately turned the situation into a test of Deadshot's character. Immediately turned the guard into a pawn and didn't give two fukks about his life.

That scene put me in such high hopes and made me think that the directors cut of this will probably be really good.