Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't believe there is a bias against DC but from what I've seen people weren't saying RT has a bias they were saying a lot of critics have a bias. that's completely different. Two different things.

This is how critics are biased though. 1. Kids films are almost always praised. Family friendly stuff. Ice Age are few and far between. Generic shyt like Secret Life of Pets and Finding Dory are always going to be "fresh". Critics love al that safe shyt.

2. Ghostbusters had most female reviewers giving it a positive score. Most people realize at best Ghostbusters is generic summer crap. But it has like 75% whereas movies like Independence Day 2 have far far worse.

That tells me that now critics are allowing political movements/leanings get in the way of saying a bad film is a bad film.

:manny:
Again we're still talking opinions homie. You just stated two opinions and feel like your word is gospel: finding dory and secret life of pets are generic and ghostbusters is no better than Independence Day resurgence. It's the same trap cats fall into every single time. That their word is above all truth and there's no way anyone could ever think different. Failing to realize that everyone has different opinions and art is subjective. You think finding dory is generic. I don't. There are cats in the Jason Bourne thread who felt like it was pure piff. I was bored to death.

The reason we have discourse the way we do is to express why something worked or didn't work for us and engage but there always needs to be the understanding that someone may disagree with you and if they can state why then respect the opinion and where they're coming from even if you disagree with the sentiment. It's just like homie who said iron man 3 gets a "pass" but this movie doesn't. He's saying that his opinion on iron man 3 is the only opinion anyone could ever have and that itd be insane to think otherwise.

Ultimately, a person paid to dissect movies will either agree with you or not. And the number in each category will vary. Simple as that

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The director would tell you that. Seeing how WB came through and crushed his buildings.

According to him and most the actors, that set was a disaster. They rushed him to meet deadlines, they fired editor after editor, they had actors doing reshoots to add in more jokes and make it less dark, they cut out joker scenes, they cut out him kicking Harley's ass which is a major point of their story.....

They fukked dude over. I'd still give this about a 6-7. Better than 70% of movies out. That's damn high. But was it anything new? No. I saw criminals team up in galaxy and I saw way worse R rated in deadpool

Maybe it'll be like bvs and improve with the directors cut. But WB is fukking up things trying to copy marvel. Don't tell me we never seen it before when they are doing that

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Saw this movie Sun, to say I was disappointed wouldn't fully describe my feelings. The thing is as I was watching it I was like :why: for mostly everything in regards to enchantress and her brother because it seemed awfully formulaic which contradicts what we were promised. Does anyone remember this article? Why Suicide Squad Will Be Better Than Other Comic Book Movies, According To David Ayer - CINEMABLEND

Seems like Ayer sold us a bill of goods and I don't think this is on WB cuz the scene of katana slicing enchantress's minions head was in the bohemian rapsody trailer (long before talk of reshoots). Same with the scene where enchantress bro tears through the train

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another great thing, is how everyBODY survived three different helicopter crashes:duck:

...Joker/Harley:stylin: and Common club scene had so much potential:banderas:

But, Larry Holmes Garden Editor threw the final cuts in the bushes:birdman:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the timeline in this movie got me all confused.

enchantress being hte main villian had me :dwillhuh:

if you're a fan of will smith you will love this movie.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
this falls in line with the 250 mil production cost rumored by actors with the 100 mil (lower estimate) of P&A I heard.

This movie is gonna flop..
It is gonna struggle to hit 600 mil.
acfc230e69e89f610b978007d0dcb549.jpg

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Another great thing, is how everyBODY survived three different helicopter crashes:duck:

...Joker/Harley:stylin: and Common club scene had so much potential:banderas:

But, Larry Holmes Garden Editor threw the final cuts in the bushes:birdman:
Redundant helicopter crashes, scenes cut short and that damn rolling Stones song they play in every fukking movie made the cipher complete.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suicide was alright. Felt like the story was a little rushed. Will was great tho. Had me rollin a few times. They got Waller down perfectly. Straight savage bytch who somehow always avoids death.

Still ain't fukking with Guardians tho.