Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
so disappointing. surprised how bad it was. the movie was beneath will smith but i understand the why he did it. havent read the reviews but leto was bad. probably the worst iteration of the joker ive seen. the overacting was cringe worthy.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:ehh: Just got back from it and I must say that I can't fukk with the critics opinion on this one. My only complaint was Killer Croc :martin: he looked terrible, the voice didn't match the mouth movements most of the time, his one liners were cringe worthy and then near the end they had him go full black stereotype :dwillhuh:

Joker and Harley were the best parts, will and viola were good also. Don't get the complaints about the joker, he got enough screen time for me.critics made it seem like he was in two scenes or something. :wow: that batman solo with joker and Harley gonna be crazy.

Daps
But people did say AOU was shytty...Same as Suicide Squad.

In fact, just looking around this thread the past few days, Suicide Squad is getting more love than AOU did when it first dropped.

I think some of that is people coddling DC for being the "lovable loser"/underdog when it comes to the film side of this comic book shyt.

They desperately want another company to challenge the Marvel brand, so SOME of them will find a way to rationalize these shytty movies into being good.

And it's not like Marvel is all that dope....A big chunk of their movie catalog is shytty, also

It's just that DC's coming straight out of the gate on some incompetent, retarded shyt.

They haven't lucked up and found their Iron Man yet
The problem was (hindsight of course being 20/20) you got live action batman vs superman expectations are sky high. So the bar is already way up there, but that is the second movie in their EU and it was used mostly as a prop up for Justice League. Maybe if they had dropped a movie or two before that it would've got less hate but I do like that we are not getting character rises and it instead is doing somewhat of a mirror of New 52

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
All of the critics who don't like a movie or love a movie would still exist whether they're opinions are tabulated in one spot another. So if its not Rotten Tomatoes, it'll be another site and if not that site it would be something else.

I don't believe there is a bias against DC but from what I've seen people weren't saying RT has a bias they were saying a lot of critics have a bias. that's completely different. Two different things.

This is how critics are biased though. 1. Kids films are almost always praised. Family friendly stuff. Ice Age are few and far between. Generic shyt like Secret Life of Pets and Finding Dory are always going to be "fresh". Critics love al that safe shyt.

2. Ghostbusters had most female reviewers giving it a positive score. Most people realize at best Ghostbusters is generic summer crap. But it has like 75% whereas movies like Independence Day 2 have far far worse.

That tells me that now critics are allowing political movements/leanings get in the way of saying a bad film is a bad film.

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was reading Armond White review, and the man is so right hes about DC movies inhabiting a more conservative thematic space than Marvel.

So this stream of articles from New York and Cali liberal (I dont like using this word, but...) SJWs criticizing the portrayal of women and minorities makes crazy sense. Meanwhile Marvel is just now almost a decade in debuting female heroes and minority heroes that arent sidekicks.

DC gave us Waller, Harley and bravely raceswapped Deadshot in their 3rd fukking movie.

I dont see many articles praising Wallers incredible performance, but Ive seen some calling out "racist cariactures":mjpls: while ignoring the enpowered darkskinned woman

SJW's are pissed that a group of VILLAINS would dare disrespect a woman :mjlol:

Watch Wonder Woman be a critical success. It could be terrible but t wouldn't matter because "strong female kicks ass" is enough for a positive review from these fakkits. Critics ain't shyt since Ebert died.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
- The visuals obviously were pretty dope. If there's one thing DC has over Marvel is it's visuals, only over some movies though.
that reminds me, if y'all aren't watching these movies in 3d. you are pouring jelly over yourself.