Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Theirs a difference between being "happy" with a films profits and saying it has to make 800 Million just to break even.

I'm sure wb would happy as fukk if the film made 800 Million. That doesn't mean it making 600 million is some financial failure.

Age of ultron was expected to make more than the first avengers and was seen as disappointment. Does that mean it's some failure that failed to break even. Of course not. That's fukking stupid.

So am I going to believe some fake Ass click bait article or am I going to by the evidence of film history that says films typically have to make 2.5 times it's budget and thats a success.

bro they fukking lie about their budgets. someone IN the movie said the budget was "north of 250" and that was in december, before they even started the reshoots.

and how are you gonna compare that with 2 movies that both did a billy :dead:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Pretty soon click bait articles are going to come out claiming every DC film has to make 1 billion or its a flop and people will regurgitate it as fact :mjlol:

Justice League has to make $1.348 trillion or the studio will crumble ... lmaooooo

these close minded sheep cant help themselves

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
funny how reporters LOVE to post every DCEU % drop :stopitslime:

but not once we've seen any posted for a MCU movie... :patrice:seems like they tryna garner that negative mud throwing on some slick shyt

there's def a bias going on... but im sleep

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
nikkas praying for the movie to fail now

lmaooooo

dummies BEEN praying failure on the DCEU since day 1... bu bu bu there's no marvel bias :heh:

nikkas is funny on here
I actually hope this shyt fails. Has nothing to do with Marvel bias

Why would you want this movie to succeed? WB won't learn from their mistakes and just continue sabotaging their own films

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
bro they fukking lie about their budgets. someone IN the movie said the budget was "north of 250" and that was in december, before they even started the reshoots.

and how are you gonna compare that with 2 movies that both did a billy :dead:

Why would some no name bit player actor have access to the budget of the film :mjlol:

2ndly the same article that you guys are holding as fact to the it has to make 800 Million for says the budget is 175 million.

So if you're taking their word that it has to make that figure than why aren't you also taking their word the budget is 175 million?

Or are we just picking and choosing randomly what to believe?

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
If DCs cinematic wing gave me a job...I would bring DC toe to toe if not exceed marvels popularity...I have some great ideas ....
DC has everything it needs they just aren't using what the have to their maximum capabilities
:yeshrug:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I was reading Armond White review, and the man is so right hes about DC movies inhabiting a more conservative thematic space than Marvel.

So this stream of articles from New York and Cali liberal (I dont like using this word, but...) SJWs criticizing the portrayal of women and minorities makes crazy sense. Meanwhile Marvel is just now almost a decade in debuting female heroes and minority heroes that arent sidekicks.

DC gave us Waller, Harley and bravely raceswapped Deadshot in their 3rd fukking movie.

I dont see many articles praising Wallers incredible performance, but Ive seen some calling out "racist cariactures":mjpls: while ignoring the enpowered darkskinned woman

dawg.... i think we ALL know why they wont report any positive representation of woman power for the DCEU....

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@MartyMcFly @HHR

amazon exclusives lol

513TCIy0B7L._SX385_.jpg

attachment.php

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I find it funny how every non marvel comic book film has every coli poster and the internet turn into accountants and sleuths telling you exactly what a film has to make to break even.

Like they have any idea :dead:

Find me 1 post where somebody talks about marvel films box office where they start talking about marketing budgets as a caveat :mjlol:
I honestly start tuning out and start scrolling more when cats starting bringing up box office numbers. Start looking like...

"135m? That's it? I smell drop off of 40%, and if my calculations are right they won't break $600m like the wonderful movies from Marvel. But they don't have to worry about that because they make BILLIONS!"

acfc230e69e89f610b978007d0dcb549.jpg

"That's domestically and internationally :youngsabo:"

I was reading Armond White review, and the man is so right hes about DC movies inhabiting a more conservative thematic space than Marvel.
He was the ONE critic to pan Toy Story 3. fukk that pretentious ass nikka :rudy:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually hope this shyt fails. Has nothing to do with Marvel bias

Why would you want this movie to succeed? WB won't learn from their mistakes and just continue sabotaging their own films

i want it to succeed cause there are so many cool characters/stories wb can use from dc that arent named batman....if it fails, they wont take as many chances using some of those other characters/stories....

also, they are showing that they're learning from their mistakes....i say that cause for the most part, this film is what people were asking for after bvs: it was 'fun' (including jokes), was colorful, and didnt take itself too serious....and this is before geoff johns took over....if he can help clean up the technical stuff (editing being the main one), then the movies will continue to get better....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He was the ONE critic to pan Toy Story 3. fukk that pretentious ass nikka :rudy:
I love reading his reviews when he is in full contrarian mode and doesn't even try to hide it like he did when he gave Toy Story 3 a bad review. Dude is a hilarious crank.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
you DONT want it to succeed ??? lmaooo dawg we done discussing

foh man :heh: :mjlol:
WB sabotages their own film and you reward them for a job well done by giving them ur money:heh:

WB finna fukk around and make DC the new Transformers :heh::scust:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I honestly start tuning out and start scrolling more when cats starting bringing up box office numbers. Start looking like...

"135m? That's it? I smell drop off of 40%, and if my calculations are right they won't break $600m like the wonderful movies from Marvel. But they don't have to worry about that because they make BILLIONS!"

acfc230e69e89f610b978007d0dcb549.jpg

"That's domestically and internationally :youngsabo:"

"Well you see captain america only made 370 million on a 140 million budget and was a huge success

But Suicide squad with a budget only 35 million higher has to make 800 Million or its a financial disaster.

You see that 35 million extra off ss actually means the film lost tax breaks.

Not o ly that but wb had to.pay 400 million to market the film.

Captain America's marketing was free,the trailers and ads were made pro bono. Additionally disney owns the sweat shops that manufacture the cap toys! Not only that but disney had a special contract where they take home 100% of the film's gross!

Unlike dc they only take 10% of the film's gross!"

:troll: