Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The only real problem with Iron Man 3 is that BS with the Mandarin. Its not a bad film at all. it's not a great film at all either. but its def ok.

It sucks for a movie to act as if a character in a film looks to be a crucial part of the film but isn't.

actually I can think of another film that seems to have that same issue.....

Mandarin stuff didn't bug me at all. I actually liked the twist a lot and liked the hustle they pulled and how the marketing played in part with a theme of the movie. But I get why a lot of fans were pissed off by it and i respect that.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Don't know why you dudes feel like y'all are dcs spokesperson or some shyt. Nikkas acting like they have a special bond with DC and always got to defend them. Thier movies aren't that good. It don't have shyt to do with fukking conspiracies or marvel bias

sounds like you're a marvel fan boy doing your best to convince people NOT to like DC movies :sas1:

check your self first charlatan...

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The comic con trailer wasn't placed in front of other films,it wasn't played on TV. You know,where the marketing budget comes in?

Wb has just decided to upload shyt like that because it gets leaked anyway.

In no way shape or form should a fukking comic con trailer be used as evidence that a films marketing budget is supposedly massive.

Can't believe I have to break that down to you :dead:

Yeah I bet wb had to pay 50 million to upload a comic con trailer to youtube.

Marketing budgets come from billboards,tv spots, etc not from uploading a comic con trailer

You claimed it's marketing budget is massive because they've been plastering trailers everywhere for a year, and I proved that false. So by me saying it's only on the Internet is me saying uploading a fukking comic con trailer is not proof of a huge marketing budget.

Furthermore why are we acting like every goddammn blockbuster including this one DOESN'T have a big marketing budget?!

And you post an article with 0 sources and claim it as what? Fact? :mjlol: an article that is just copying another articles off hand comment with no sources :dead:

So we should believe that all the rules of the film business fly out the window and this film needs to make 5x it's budget.

Get directly the fukk outta here.
fukk outta here bro I didn't say they had to pay. My point is they've been jamming this movie down our throats for over a year. And you think they're going to be happy with 600 million? Get the fukk out of my face.

even ANT-MAN did 519 :heh:

Even if the official trailer as you say was January that's still 7 months of being bombarded with his trailer.

We have movies like Arrival and Passengers with fukking Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence 3 and 4 months away that don't even have a trailer.

So yeah this had a massive marketing budget. And as @MartyMcFly says they did reshoors and were tinkering until the last minute. This probably cost closer to 350. If not more

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mandarin stuff didn't bug me at all. I actually liked the twist a lot and liked the hustle they pulled and how the marketing played in part with a theme of the movie. But I get why a lot of fans were pissed off by it and i respect that.
I hated the Mandarin twist because what they were doing with the character before the twist was so much better than what resulted from the twist.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
fukk outta here bro I didn't say they had to pay. My point is theyve been jamming this movie down our throats for over a year. And you think they're going to be happy with 600 million? Get the fukk out of my face.

Even if the official trailer as you say was January that's still seven months of being bombarded with his trailer.
We have movies like arrival and passengers with fukking Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence 3 and 4 months away that don't even have a trailer.

So yeah this had a massive marketing budget. And as @MartyMcFly says they did reshoors and were tinkering until the last minute. This probably cost closer to 350. If not more
Theirs a difference between being "happy" with a films profits and saying it has to make 800 Million just to break even.

I'm sure wb would happy as fukk if the film made 800 Million. That doesn't mean it making 600 million is some financial failure.

Age of ultron was expected to make more than the first avengers and was seen as disappointment. Does that mean it's some failure that failed to break even. Of course not. That's fukking stupid.

So am I going to believe some fake Ass click bait article or am I going to by the evidence of film history that says films typically have to make 2.5 times it's budget and thats a success.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Something to keep in mind about BO is that the movie has still yet to open in some big markets. Japan and Germany for example:manny:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
People can't claim the well its batman and superman it should be making a billion card anymore so they have to grab some other number out of thin air and pretend that's the threshold.:camby:

Next it's going to be wonder woman has to make 1 billion because it's wonder woman nonsense :camby:

DC films apparently get held to some standard that other films don't have to live by :camby:

We pretending fukking suicide squad is some A list property now :camby:

If you had told people 10 years ago that a fukking suicide squad movie is going to make over 600 million people would laugh you out the room now apparently it has to make 800 Million or its a failure :camby: