Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

calh45

Cal
Daps
I give it a solid :ehh:

It wasn't Deadpool, but it also wasn't Spiderman 3

This movie is gonna get everyone back to a place where you stop putting so much faith in critics. According to critics this movie was horrible and shouldn't be watched, but it was mostly dope with a bit of weird pacing and some confusing bits to the whole waller/enchantress thing. Harley, Deadshot, Waller, Croc, and Capt Boomerang stood out the most. It definitely seems like the same shyt will need to happen with BvS where we need to see the director's cut before we actually are able to judge what the movie was really supposed to be like.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
IDK breh. But this looks like $600M max now. Probably closer to 500:ld::ld:

At least from here on out it will all be Geoff Johns projects. WB executives are leaving hundreds of millions on the table doing this their way.
What's wrong with $600 million?

The vast majority of comic films don't make 600 million and are seen as successful.

And suicide squad isn't some A list property.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
What's wrong with $600 million?

The vast majority of comic films don't make 600 million and are seen as successful.

And suicide squad isn't some A list property.

Do you think DC/WB would consider $600M a success?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm into subversive animated stuff and it looks funny so I'm down. I'm also catching war dogs for free on tuesday
I have liked the trailers for War Dogs so I am excited to see that one.

Probably not for this. Now of course I'd assume they were gunning for guardians numbers and if thats the case they'll hit that. But this has bigger star power behind it and probably cost more so 800 is probably gold for them
Guardians had a budget of $230 million while Suicide Squad cost $175 million.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Do you think DC/WB would consider $600M a success?
Why would a film making over triple its budget not be a success?

Does every DC film have to be judged on some imaginary curve that no other company has to live by?

I have no idea what Wb considers a success I don't work there. Other than their public statement that the OW did better than their own estimates.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have liked the trailers for War Dogs so I am excited to see that one.

Guardians had a budget of $230 million while Suicide Squad cost $175 million.

That 175 doesn't include the reshoots and the marketing, etc so we'll see

able to tell if there were any reshoots :sas1:

The beginning definitely. The opening scenes of the movie are cut up something serious. The rest of it I couldn't tell although the editing was sloppy as hell and scenes would sometimes just end without rhyme or reason but you can tell the beginning was messed with.

Keep your condescension to yourself :russ:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The beginning definitely. The opening scenes of the movie are cut up something serious. The rest of it I couldn't tell although the editing was sloppy as hell and scenes would sometimes just end without rhyme or reason but you can tell the beginning was messed with.

The opening was ROUGH:dead:

Cold open intros for Deadshot and Harley....followed by another scene where they introduce the whole crew....including Deadshot and Harley again :dead:

:mindblown:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That 175 doesn't include the reshoots and the marketing, etc so we'll see

:sas2: