Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Final Estimate. They were off about 5 Million but still a Historic Opening. Beat Guardians by 40 million. Haters fall back:

CpRHYxdWgAAuf1N.jpg

CpGa_N9UAAAb5Rs.jpg

Next week though:sadcam:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
"Independence Day: Resurgence" - 102 Million (5 Weeks in the Theater)
"Suicide Squad" - 135 Million (3 Days in the Theater)

This ends the debate on Will's bankability for all time.

:sas2:

Not to be that dude entirely since he was great in the flick but you're just going to give all the credit to will on this one? Not the awesome marketing or the ensemble nature or Harley Quinn's massive popularity and people finally getting to see her on screen?

That's not taking anything away from Will but I feel like this was a confluence of factors and his stardom was just one facet

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah i saw the drop off from friday to saturday. It SHOULD be able to hold off sausage party next weekend tho, right?
I really don't know who Sausage Party is being marketed to...talking animals/cars/toys etc. I understand people wanting to watch but I have no interest in watching a bunch of talking food get up to hijinks.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
135 million record breaking weekend :blessed:

267 WW already :blessed:

Suicide squad 2 gonna be coming for sure

And before dudes come in with that nonsense about it has to Make 800 million to break even :camby:

Get directly the fukk outta here that doesn't make ANY sense. Films do not have to make 5× their budget to break even.
And you not seeing a bit of that money

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah i saw the drop off from friday to saturday. It SHOULD be able to hold off sausage party next weekend tho, right?
IDK breh. But this looks like $600M max now. Probably closer to 500:ld::ld:

At least from here on out it will all be Geoff Johns projects. WB executives are leaving hundreds of millions on the table doing this their way.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really don't know who Sausage Party is being marketed to...talking animals/cars/toys etc. I understand people wanting to watch but I have no interest in watching a bunch of talking food get up to hijinks.

Maaaan I can't wait to see it :russ:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Not to be that dude entirely since he was great in the flick but you're just going to give all the credit to will on this one? Not the awesome marketing or the ensemble nature or Harley Quinn's massive popularity and people finally getting to see her on screen?

That's not taking anything away from Will but I feel like this was a confluence of factors and his stardom was just one facet

No I agree it wasn't all him, It was a combo of Will's Star Power and Margot and Jared delivering with the whole Joker/Harley dynamic (He's also coming off an oscar win). Yes and Harley fans FINALLY getting a great protryal of her on screen (I said in my review best Female DC performances in 24 years since Michelle Phiffer) I also said in this very thread, if it's an action movie and Will is in the forfront. It's most likely going to be a success. The Marketing and trailers were also good.

So yes a lot of factors go into a blockbuster not just this but of any kind to become a success. But Will Smith is the one with all the mega hits, this was his 8th 50 Million opening weekend. Jared is mostly in artistic dramas and Margot is just now getting more known on the scene. They are new to this type of Blockubster success. My point was "ID4II" definitely would of had better numbers than that with Will in it when the director Roland Emmerich said the movie was "Bigger than Will Smith". He was wrong.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
who's in the avi
Don't know name

I found her on pintrest
*my acct.
On there was suspended cause I was posting pics I got from jbo:dead:

She not that cute tho so I cropped

I'm in the car as my girl drive
So lemme me try to post the big pic without her seeing :lupe:

tumblr_numy9jmu0w1tnaufeo1_1280.jpg

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still wondering why they didn't give Enchantress brother a name, and how Waller kept her brother just out in the open in her closet.

Yea what was up with that? Felt like another scene left out that would explain some random negro waking up to be papa shango in the subway