Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
What they wanted was pretty straightforward....kill everyboxy and take over the planet

It couldn't get any simpler

...someone else just said they wanted to be worshipped again...instead of the machines humans were worshipping now ...so she "built" a machine....lol

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
...someone else just said they wanted to be worshipped again...instead of the machines humans were worshipping now ...so she "built" a machine....lol

That's what I'm saying...it was confusing. She said the humans no longer worshipped them and turned against them so she wanted to build a machine to do....what?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Whats crazy is all he had to do was adapt either the Assault on Arkham movie or one of the over 100 hundred cool ass Suicide Squad stories from the comics if he was under the gun to get a script in quickly.
Yea when they started production so fast I figured they were going with a smaller scale story.

I wonder if WB stepped in and said "Yea throw magic up in that shyt." :dame::ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Again..this is dumb because Rotten Tomatoes is an AGGREGATE site meaning it can't be bias against anything seeing as who it collects the opinions of critics, much like metacritic or any other aggregate site. This whole thing is dumb on that basis alone in that its being argued by people who seemingly don't understand the way an aggregate site works or even what an aggregate site is.

All of the critics who don't like a movie or love a movie would still exist whether they're opinions are tabulated in one spot another. So if its not Rotten Tomatoes, it'll be another site and if not that site it would be something else.
I didn't watch the video and don't think RT has a bias against any one company but I have always wondered who makes the decision of what review gets considered positive and what gets considered negative. I have read some of the full reviews that have gotten the rotten designation that were not overwhelmingly negative while some of the fresh reviews are chock full of criticisms so I really don't know what algorithm they use to make their decisions sometimes.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's what I'm saying...it was confusing. She said the humans no longer worshipped them and turned against them so she wanted to build a machine to do....what?
Her machine was targeting the human's defenses...that's why she had Waller plugged into it and was able to locate and destroy all of those supposedly top secret bases, satellites and war ships at the end of the movie.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yea when they started production so fast I figured they were going with a smaller scale story.

I wonder if WB stepped in and said "Yea throw magic up in that shyt." :dame::ehh:
And even if they did want magic then they could have just still had Enchantress as an unwilling part of the team on a more lowkey mission.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I didn't watch the video and don't think RT has a bias against any one company but I have always wondered who makes the decision of what review gets considered positive and what gets considered negative. I have read some of the full reviews that have gotten the rotten designation that were not overwhelmingly negative while some of the fresh reviews are chock full of criticisms so I really don't know what algorithm they use to make their decisions sometimes.

From what I've heard critics say, they submit that designation. Not all of them like it either because a lot of time, a review has more nuance than "this is bad or this is good" but, we're apparently binary as hell and can't deal with nuance. One of the guys reviewing star trek beyond (matt patches I think) said he was going to give it a positive tomato on the site even though he wasn't really impressed with it but liked it well enough so that's how i put it together

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Her machine was targeting the human's defenses...that's why she had Waller plugged into it and was able to locate and destroy all of those supposedly top secret bases, satellites and war ships at the end of the movie.

Right and that was going to...oh so she had the same plan as ultron: In order to save you from yourselves I need to destroy you and rebuild you in my image:ehh:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The plan would've been best carried out by...

:whew:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
And even if they did want magic then they could have just still had Enchantress as an unwilling part of the team on a more lowkey mission.

Its too bad I'm seeing better ideas in a short time on The Coli than this movie could produce. :francis:

At the very least this movie established enough characters right to be used in a sequel or other DC movies. :yeshrug:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I didn't think it was confusing as much I didn't understand why they didn't introduce it earlier;

The enchantress arc involved more so

Her getting her heart back to get away from amanda

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The highly anticipated DC/Warner Brothers film Suicide Squad has finally hit theaters with the huge cast of Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, and Viola Davis, just to name a few of the actors and actresses in it. This is the second DC film that came out this year with the first being the infamous Batman vs Superman which was not popular among critics or fans around the world. Coming into this film, DC knew they had to rebuild everyone’s trust but in a very risqué way. They didn’t drop another superhero film. No, DC said let’s give you a Suicide Squad movie where a bunch of bad guys come together to do something good like save the world.

To read more click the link below

Suicide Squad Review – FTESWL Suicide Squad Review

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I really don't understand how grown men can get mad at people for not fully liking something that was done by strangers :dead:

Like dudes legit upset over people expressing their opinions :dead:

shyt is hilarious how in the Spot, dudes ready to fight over Drake like they on the man's squad

Or dudes fight over if someone likes or dislikes the ps4 or Xbox one

And dudes stay in the film room talking bout DCU stans or Marvel stans :mjlol:

How fukking lame can u be:wow:

Dudes legit got their clit twisted yet again over a fukking movie
Like their mother was in it:mjlol:

Soft ass shyt

The movie to me was still entertaining even tho the pace was horrible
The plot sucked
The villain story was half assed and not fleshed out

Way better than BVS
I would actually see it again
Don't feel cheated out of paying to see it

Age of Ultron wasn't great either :manny:
But was decent like this

BVS and Man of Steel legit fukking sucked
I still want my money back for BVS
MOS looked wack from the trailers so I was smart enough to wait and catch it on HBO:skip:

But BVS fooled me and got my money:martin:

I want it back