Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Lol yea a machine to make them pay? Or some shyt? And what was the time frame cause i wasnt sure if it was a rush or there was time to get drinks and have a sentimental talk bout life. U can tell the difference between marvel having there own studio and just cooking with full trust from
Disney and WB looking after DC like a retarded child
When that report that said Ayer had 6 weeks to complete the script, i actually beleive that to be the case after seeing Enchantress, whole character motivation and plan looked like it was devised in like 1 afternoon. Would have been okay if the action was cool, but that final battle was :mjlol:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And the villain is......something? I don't have any fukking idea what Enchantress was or did or wanted or.....just nonsense.

She was a witch (which was made clear)

Who was worshipped as a God at one point in time (which was also made clear)

And wanted to be worshipped again (which was slightly made clear)

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it, it was dope. Villain was whatever but shyt was funny and entertaining. Dead shot funny enough to get a spin off. Margot Robbie was dope as Harry Quinn too. Joker kinda had a she male vibe, but Leto prob needed more screen time to help develop the character more. Looked kinda gay at times.

shyt was good tho solid 8/8.5 from me. If it was R it would've been better :demonic:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
My initial thoughts after walking out of the theater Friday, was saying that DC just isn't in the race. Which is cool, they don't have to be. They can forge their own path at their own pace. This movie is the perfect example of the cast carrying a shytty script with horrible acting. There was nothing on the page, and it makes me wonder what was in before the hella-cuts.

But Viola was the QUEEN bada$$, and Will & Margot put their stamp on it and carried it. Their chemistry is still of the charts.

BTW Jai Courtney needs to play roles like these. He's not leading man quality

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I want to see part 2 add, Killer Frost, Riddler and Deathstroke to the party....

GalleryComics_1900x900_20141022_DSTROKE001_Cover_rev_54416b6f917e21.78074269.jpg

Slade Wilson Crushing the Buildings.... :banderas:

Daps
why are people saying slipknot is underused? he served his purpose exactly and that was a scene straight from the comics...
People are retarded b.

I've heard folks complaining about not getting origin stories:skip:

Folks thinking Waller should be coming off as one of the good guys:skip:

People complaining about two separate DCU continuities, one of TV one on the silver screen:skip:

I'm waiting for folks to start complaining about Joker being abusive to Harley and Crashbug not having his own stand alone.

I'm assuming that shyt Enchantress pulled is gonna set up something with Wonder Woman or any other magic character, but, magic in general seems to be real difficult for folks to take for what it is when it comes to movie plots. If Enchantress plan was just a one shot and doesn't lead to something then they would've been better off with Deathstroke as the villain

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
In the beginning I was a little upset Will took this over "Bad Boys III" because it wasn't that popular of a comic franchise in comparison to others but now I understand what he was trying to do with this movie. He wanted to stay in his box while going outside of it. It's an action movie so that's up Will's alley but these are killers and bad guys. Will never really plays murderers or killers because of his good guy/hero/save the world image. "7 Pounds" was more of a drama and he wasn't a bad guy per say though some bad things happen. He's played a con artist but again never a killer. So Deadshot is actually a character he really hasn't done before. Also though he was the lead in the movie, he didn't have to have every big scene like most of his blockbusters. So he shared the stage per say while still being in control and in charge.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
In the beginning I was a little upset Will took this over "Bad Boys III" because it wasn't that popular of a comic franchise in comparison to others but now I understand what he was trying to do with this movie. He wanted to stay in his box while going outside of it. It's an action movie so that's up Will's alley but these are killers and bad guys. Will never really plays murderers or killers because of his good guy/hero/save the world image. "7 Pounds" was more of a drama and he wasn't a bad guy per say though some bad things happen. He's played a con artist but again never a killer. So Deadshot is actually a character he really hasn't done before. Also though he was the lead in the movie, he didn't have to have every big scene like most of his blockbusters. So he shared the stage per say while still being in control and in charge.
I thought Bad boys is coming next year?

He took this over Independence Day ?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And if you didn't like that is fine too but if your reasons for not liking it was that Enchantress didn't have clear motivations then you are just hating to be hating because her motivations were spelled out clear as fukking day. And this is from someone who still thinks she was a shytty villain.
And I don't give a damn about mixed reviews. I like what I like and reviews don't mean much to me.

The Enchantress didn't have any character. When people talk about her motivations, they mean that they weren't fleshed out in a way that added to her character.

She didn't work as a narrative villain or a force of nature villain. She was pretty much a walking plot device. She didn't have any real connection to our heroes or anything so the stakes didn't feel legit plus her power set was extremely wonky.

The cast played well off each other and I liked a lot of the smaller moments but it's nowhere near Guardians of the Galaxy even though I think Will and Viola are great.

Guardians was a lot better paced, edited, and a lot easier on the eyes. Guardians also had a secret weapon in Drax who was absolutely hilarious.

I'd give it a 6.5 outta 10. At the level of Thor 1 and 2, the first X-Men, The Wolverine, etc.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its good
I like it but just that its not amazing like the interactions with the squad
Suicide Squad has more personality than Gaurdians
I mean We are groot is nice but El Diablo finding a new family>>>>>>>

:francis:

Drax blowing away Gamora's sister, The Guardians holding the stone, Starlord sacrificing himself in space and then bragging about heroic it was, Rocket and Drax getting drunk, Drax realizing Starlord went back for his walk man, etc.

You didn't like those scenes?