Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm probably going with a 7 also. It's definitely edited as all hell in the beginning. Characters are introduced more than once, backstory is introduced at illogical points for some, others just show up with no real explanation only to have a flashback sloppily inserted. The story itself wasn't the greatest but it also didn't need to be for the movie to work. Just put the band together and have them go after some mcguffin and call it a day.

The characters definitely carry it, with will, Margot and viola being at the top of the list. Loved her Amanda and loved what the two of them did with their characters. I can't say I loved joker or even liked him since he was barely in it but I did love the relationship between he and Harley. He wasn't as abusive as I figured he'd be which robs it of that pathos it has but we only saw him through her eyes and in her eyes, he's the perfect man.

It was funny when it needed to be and provided well enough action. Nothing major and actually kind of a let down for me since Ayer knows how to do action.

The movie works because of the cast and what they do with what's given to them. It's the structural stuff around them that's just not quite up to par

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Gaurdians is good for what it is but I think I relate to suicide squad more Deadshot was a more interesting chatacter than star lord imo
Harley Quinn is way above Gamora as a character
Gaurdians has some okay character moments and charm but suicide squad is a bit more hip I guess

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Potentially one of the worst edited major releases I've ever seen. Affected by test audiences to the point of near incoherence.

And the villain is......something? I don't have any fukking idea what Enchantress was or did or wanted or.....just nonsense.

That said, I was entertained in spite of how sloppy the film as a whole is. It's worlds better than BvS imo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Potentially one of the worst edited major releases I've ever seen. Affected by test audiences to the point of near incoherence.

And the villain is......something? I don't have any fukking idea what Enchantress was or did or wanted or.....just nonsense.

That said, I was entertained in spite of how sloppy the film as a whole is. It's worlds better than BvS imo.

My homegirl and I walked out of it and both said it's a mess but a very entertaining mess. It works in spite of itself. Which is a testament to the actors and the director

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Gaurdians is good for what it is but I think I relate to suicide squad more Deadshot was a more interesting chatacter than star lord imo
Harley Quinn is way above Gamora as a character
Gaurdians has some okay character moments and charm but suicide squad is a bit more hip I guess
lemme guess u one of them cats that dont think the "we are groot" scene is great, right?

Gaston

Pro
Daps
Reppin
N.O. 9th Ward East Beast in San Jose
Will, Margot and Viola made me give this movie a solid 7.5. I thought Leto was an interesting Joker and put his own little spin on the character. It seems to me like WB doesn't give directors full control of their movies because of the horrible edits and re-shooting scenes. It was leaps and bounds better than BVS which I gave a 5.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

She was making a "Machine".

They just never explained what the Machine was :mjlol:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
lemme guess u one of them cats that dont think the "we are groot" scene is great, right?
Its good
I like it but just that its not amazing like the interactions with the squad
Suicide Squad has more personality than Gaurdians
I mean We are groot is nice but El Diablo finding a new family>>>>>>>

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol yea a machine to make them pay? Or some shyt? And what was the time frame cause i wasnt sure if it was a rush or there was time to get drinks and have a sentimental talk bout life. U can tell the difference between marvel having there own studio and just cooking with full trust from
Disney and WB looking after DC like a retarded child

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Plot was dumb and explained in subtitles from a dubbed language voice
Not defending it because enchantress sucks but yeah she just wanted to destroy shyt with her machine because humans worship machines instead of her and her brother now.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding

I really liked it, but what did this budget go to? A lot of the movie seemed like it was in 4 areas