Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
suicide-squad-poster-slice-600x200.png

GRADE = B 4/5 STARS

The DCEU kicks off the third film in the universe about a group of criminal misfits who come together to fight against a supernatural foe while the Justice Leaque is being constructed. First and formost as someone who was aware of the comic book growing up, I think the film knocked it out of the park. It was like a Dysfuntional Avengers but in a good way. You were invested into all the characters and their past. I don't agree about the editing complaints. I thought the movie overall was cut very well and transistion between flashbacks was also very well done. I do agree the 3rd act did get a little choppy. Will Smith killed it as Deadshot, yes sometimes all we see is Will being Will but he was good in this role. Love the scene with him and Batman. Margot absolutely BODIED Harley. I was terrified of her, she's the type of chick that would Loraina Bobbit dudes (The woman from VA that chopped her mans junk off). She easily put one of the best DC performances for a female since Michelle Phiffer as Catwoman. There were even scenes were she looked like Vickie Vale from Batman 89 in the flashback. Her ruthless nature, messy makeup, child like curosity and satanic like behavoir had me at hello.

Viola Davis DOMINIATED this movie. I've never disliked a character so much but her performance made me understand her motivations and why she's like that. The rest of the cast was cool. After terrible performances in "Terminator 5" and "Die Hard 5", Jai Courtney did a great job as Boomerang. I guess being a supporting role took the pressure off him and he was able to shine. El DIABLO WAS BEAST. I love his character infinitely better than Johnny Blaze/Human torch. He has more layers and story behind him. Croc was cool Katana was hard even though she didn't speak much. Col Flag was decent. Overall the team was off the hook and had great chemstry. I liked Jared Joker. Going in I knew he was going to be a glofired cameo supporting role. So honestly I don't judge him against Jack nor Heath because they had larger roles. In this case he was brought in through Harley perspective. I liked how he didn't try to copy Jack or Heath but if you watch he still payed homage to both. Love how he was like a gangster. Batman's Cameo was well done as well. Even though Batman and Joker are in the movie, David Ayer did a great job of not having them outshine the Suicide Squad. I also enjoyed how the movie tied into "BatsVSupes" and "Justice League". They've gotten the "Episodic" Thing down good because it felt like watching a Animated Series or Live Comic Book Episode splashed on the screen.

Now my Biggest Beef was in the 3rd act. The ending felt a little rushed. I also felt a "Ghostbusters" vibe with Entantress. It's not a bad thing but I couldn't help but laugh at "Suicide Squad" doing Ghostbusters better than the remake, lol. I also thought they were getting a little to dramatic with the character backstories. But none of that was enough to ruin the movie. Overall I can't wait to see this gang back in action. I know Bruce came and told Amanda Justice League will take care of it from here but I think there are plenty of Suicide Squad stories. I think both Deadshot and Harley as well as Joker should be in the Solo Batman film. It would break records. Overall loved it, so I do believe there is a DC Critic Bias. This movie was not under 30% bad. I think when David said "F*ck Marvel" some of these critics got sensative. The movie is better than several Marvel titles. I also liked how Dark it was. I thought they were going to make it too comedic but the humor was done well, it was a like a Dark Comedy or dark humor. The action was off the chain as well. So I give a solid B and it really surprised me because again "Suicide Squad" wasn't the most popular comic growing up but I remember them so it was cool to see it translated into live action.

NEPC4WIvHAHKTX_2_b.jpg

Okay,..I am not the only one that had ray park theme going in my head with enchantress,...like, man why am I in ghostbusters.

Art Barr

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
And yet again

A small group of people started to applaud after the movie:dead:

I enjoyed it
But it wasn't Citizen Kane:stopitslime:

White people love clapping after any movie
:russ: people started applauding at the theater I went to I thought I was missing something. The movie was ok at best to me, I had to high expectations I guess.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
TBH, I enjoyed Hancock, it was ok for a superhero/comedy until the whole love shyt. Wish he couldve tried making a franchise outta that.

Movie was ruined by the poor conflict resolution just like damn it,...now i realize it.
Mostly all will action movies that are not mib have poor c0nflict resolution acts.
From independence day to Hancock to this.

Hancock had a horrible third act after being so great before it hit the rails with Charlize.

Art Barr

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That's cool,......

Kid are a great wonder man,......

Art Barr
Heres the funny shyt
*this is what his mother tells me

She says...

"He said dont tell dad i saw Suicide Squad. I wanna tell him!"

Im like, well whats his reasoning behind that?

"Cause he wants you to know hes REAL!!" :mjlol:

What the fukk?!?!?:mjlol:

I already know he wanted to see fore homie!

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought Enchantresss and her punk ass brother were weak villains but there was never any mystery about their motivation. Enchantress used to be worshipped as a god and she wanted to go back to that so she was taking over the world. Simple and straightforward motivation. The fact she got her plan of action from Ghostbusters was lame but she was very clearly motivated.
The subway clusterFUKKERY was like 50 Cent's Massacre album:huhldup:

...surprised they didn't play any of Curtis music:dame:
Larry Holmes Gardens editor/music supervisor shouldn't have all that Power:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw his opening night. It was pretty good overall. Probably in the 7.5/10 range

My thoughts:

- Viola Davis did her role really well. When she killed those dudes and had that mean mug on :birdman:. very good performance

- Will was carrying the movie here. Had most of the funny one liners. The scene where he was mowing down all the morphs was :whew:

- Joker kinda held this whole flick back. Dude got way too much screen time for someone who really wasn't important to the events of the movie. He was pretty much shoehorned in for fanservice where just a couple of appearances would have been enough. Just the harley origin scene, the chemical tank scene and him busting her out at the end would be enough. leto's performance itself wasn't bad I like how he went for a different take on the joker. He seems more like a brutal gangster than a deranged lunatic,
- This DC cinematic universe thing is being handled like a rush job not just compared to marvels. It's not like it's threads that slowly get tied together by slow reveals, it's like shyt is just shoved in your face. Not to jock marvel but they handled it much more smoothly via little reveals that create the threads tying the movies together.

- Harley herself was ok. I think everyone was expecting her to carry the movie but she really fell short on that. She wasn't really used in a way that shows how shes an asset to the SS. Her strengths are supposed to be being daring and crazy but most times she was just shooting or swinging the bat. Even how she finished enchantress was :ld:

- Hated how characters would disappear for large amounts of time like how Viola got captured then just reappears at the end. Or how enchantress spent most of the movie just making the spell. They tried to make us care for the doctor chick she's possessing but they didn't give her a story arc at all. It would have been better if Enchantress revived her brother then left him to build up his strength while she works with the SS. Then she betrays them halfway through or something

-Katana was so pointless. Had a chance to be an interesting character too. only time they went into her character was her sobbing over the sword. Does the sword even do anything special?
- My shorty started nodding off halfway through the flick:bryan: Whats worse is some nikka fell asleep first 15 minutes no fukking lie lmao snoring and everything

- Really liked enchantress design. not so much the choice for hermoine to be her tho

- Captain Boomerang was a waste. Had a couple moments but his character wasn't explored at all. Harley, Will and Joker pretty much inhaled screentime from everyone.

- Croc was another waste. They really didn't attempt to do anything at all with him, I don't think he had 10 lines all movie. he was barely even present in the fights. His character arc could have been interesting too.

- The scene where they're all drinking really shows you how bad they developed the characters. They're on some "cheers to the misfits!" shyt where Will, Harely and the Soldier dude are the only ones who seem to be going through some shyt, everyone else is pretty much just there :skip:
- Speaking of the soldier he was whatever. I did like the idea of him blowing up the climbing dude. His romance with the enchantress host was pretty forced. They could have had her actually join the team for something to actually make us care.
- I liked El Diablo. His character was a little predictable but it was nice enough.

i dunno a lot of shyt was poorly handled. I didn't dislike it, wouldn't spend money on it tho.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This movie was subpar to say the least. I fell asleep about 1:15 in. The pacing didn't make sense, they were just throwing things at you. There was just too much comedic attempts, the one-liners were often cringe worthy. It was like a bizarro Guardians of the Galaxy.

Maybe I have comic book hero movie fatigue. I was also underwhelmed by Batman V Superman, thought Deadpool was just not my thing, was disappointed in X-Men: Apocalypse, and thought Civil War was good, but didn't live up to the hype.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
suicide-squad-poster-slice-600x200.png

GRADE = B 4/5 STARS

The DCEU kicks off the third film in the universe about a group of criminal misfits who come together to fight against a supernatural foe while the Justice Leaque is being constructed. First and formost as someone who was aware of the comic book growing up, I think the film knocked it out of the park. It was like a Dysfuntional Avengers but in a good way. You were invested into all the characters and their past. I don't agree about the editing complaints. I thought the movie overall was cut very well and transistion between flashbacks was also very well done. I do agree the 3rd act did get a little choppy. Will Smith killed it as Deadshot, yes sometimes all we see is Will being Will but he was good in this role. Love the scene with him and Batman. Margot absolutely BODIED Harley. I was terrified of her, she's the type of chick that would Loraina Bobbit dudes (The woman from VA that chopped her mans junk off). She easily put one of the best DC performances for a female since Michelle Phiffer as Catwoman. There were even scenes were she looked like Vickie Vale from Batman 89 in the flashback. Her ruthless nature, messy makeup, child like curosity and satanic like behavoir had me at hello.

Viola Davis DOMINIATED this movie. I've never disliked a character so much but her performance made me understand her motivations and why she's like that. The rest of the cast was cool. After terrible performances in "Terminator 5" and "Die Hard 5", Jai Courtney did a great job as Boomerang. I guess being a supporting role took the pressure off him and he was able to shine. El DIABLO WAS BEAST. I love his character infinitely better than Johnny Blaze/Human torch. He has more layers and story behind him. Croc was cool Katana was hard even though she didn't speak much. Col Flag was decent. Overall the team was off the hook and had great chemstry. I liked Jared Joker. Going in I knew he was going to be a glofired cameo supporting role. So honestly I don't judge him against Jack nor Heath because they had larger roles. In this case he was brought in through Harley perspective. I liked how he didn't try to copy Jack or Heath but if you watch he still payed homage to both. Love how he was like a gangster. Batman's Cameo was well done as well. Even though Batman and Joker are in the movie, David Ayer did a great job of not having them outshine the Suicide Squad. I also enjoyed how the movie tied into "BatsVSupes" and "Justice League". They've gotten the "Episodic" Thing down good because it felt like watching a Animated Series or Live Comic Book Episode splashed on the screen.

Now my Biggest Beef was in the 3rd act. The ending felt a little rushed. I also felt a "Ghostbusters" vibe with Entantress. It's not a bad thing but I couldn't help but laugh at "Suicide Squad" doing Ghostbusters better than the remake, lol. So the supernatural element with her and her brother was probably the weaker part but they were still tough competition for the Squad. Also though Jared did great, he was chopped in and out where he just popped up half the time. I know it's not Joker movie but this was more of an intro than anything. I also thought they were getting a little to dramatic with the character backstories. But none of that was enough to ruin the movie. Overall I can't wait to see this gang back in action. I know Bruce came and told Amanda Justice League will take care of it from here but I think there are plenty of Suicide Squad stories. I think both Deadshot and Harley as well as Joker should be in the Solo Batman film. It would break records. Overall loved it, so I do believe there is a DC Critic Bias. This movie was not under 30% bad. I think when David said "F*ck Marvel" some of these critics got sensative. The movie is better than several Marvel titles. I also liked how Dark it was. I thought they were going to make it too comedic but the humor was done well, it was a like a Dark Comedy or dark humor. The action was off the chain as well. So I give a solid B and it really surprised me because again "Suicide Squad" wasn't the most popular comic growing up but I remember them so it was cool to see it translated into live action.

NEPC4WIvHAHKTX_2_b.jpg

Yea I'm officially done with comic book nerds and "respected" critics. They don't represent my point of view and at this point they are wrong far more than they are right. This was a good movie

4/5 to me. :yeshrug:

Anyway y'all can carry on nit picking away

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Saw his opening night. It was pretty good overall. Probably in the 7.5/10 range

My thoughts:

- Viola Davis did her role really well. When she killed those dudes and had that mean mug on :birdman:. very good performance

- Will was carrying the movie here. Had most of the funny one liners. The scene where he was mowing down all the morphs was :whew:

- Joker kinda held this whole flick back. Dude got way too much screen time for someone who really wasn't important to the events of the movie. He was pretty much shoehorned in for fanservice where just a couple of appearances would have been enough. Just the harley origin scene, the chemical tank scene and him busting her out at the end would be enough. leto's performance itself wasn't bad I like how he went for a different take on the joker. He seems more like a brutal gangster than a deranged lunatic,
- This DC cinematic universe thing is being handled like a rush job not just compared to marvels. It's not like it's threads that slowly get tied together by slow reveals, it's like shyt is just shoved in your face. Not to jock marvel but they handled it much more smoothly via little reveals that create the threads tying the movies together.

- Harley herself was ok. I think everyone was expecting her to carry the movie but she really fell short on that. She wasn't really used in a way that shows how shes an asset to the SS. Her strengths are supposed to be being daring and crazy but most times she was just shooting or swinging the bat. Even how she finished enchantress was :ld:

- Hated how characters would disappear for large amounts of time like how Viola got captured then just reappears at the end. Or how enchantress spent most of the movie just making the spell. They tried to make us care for the doctor chick she's possessing but they didn't give her a story arc at all. It would have been better if Enchantress revived her brother then left him to build up his strength while she works with the SS. Then she betrays them halfway through or something

-Katana was so pointless. Had a chance to be an interesting character too. only time they went into her character was her sobbing over the sword. Does the sword even do anything special?
- My shorty started nodding off halfway through the flick:bryan: Whats worse is some nikka fell asleep first 15 minutes no fukking lie lmao snoring and everything

- Really liked enchantress design. not so much the choice for hermoine to be her tho

- Captain Boomerang was a waste. Had a couple moments but his character wasn't explored at all. Harley, Will and Joker pretty much inhaled screentime from everyone.

- Croc was another waste. They really didn't attempt to do anything at all with him, I don't think he had 10 lines all movie. he was barely even present in the fights. His character arc could have been interesting too.

- The scene where they're all drinking really shows you how bad they developed the characters. They're on some "cheers to the misfits!" shyt where Will, Harely and the Soldier dude are the only ones who seem to be going through some shyt, everyone else is pretty much just there :skip:
- Speaking of the soldier he was whatever. I did like the idea of him blowing up the climbing dude. His romance with the enchantress host was pretty forced. They could have had her actually join the team for something to actually make us care.
- I liked El Diablo. His character was a little predictable but it was nice enough.

i dunno a lot of shyt was poorly handled. I didn't dislike it, wouldn't spend money on it tho.
How you got all these demerits and still rate it at 7.5? :bryan: