Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Biggiest Opening of Will Smith Career. Biggest August Ever, Top 10 Summer Opening, Superhero/Comic Ever. 3rd Biggest opening of 2016 (Behind only Civil War and BatsVSupes). Offical Estimates:

1). Suicide Squad (WB), 4,255 theaters / $63.5M-$65m Fri. (includes $20.5M previews) / 3-day cume: $140M+/ Wk 1

25 years after taking his first movie role and first television role and 30 years since his first rap album. Will Smith is still breaking records. So much for him not taking "Independence Day" and "Django" ruinning his career, lol. GOAT STATUS.

Will-Smith-Fresh-Prince-Reboot-250x312.png

suicide-squad-new-poster-2.jpg

giphy.gif

He wasnt responsible for this at all...lol.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
you know he wasnt nearly finna cry over harley, right?....

this part isnt just for you, but from shyt i've seen: seriously, i hope yall arent thinking he was falling for the chick lol.....that's not why he didnt shoot her....i swear, assault on arkham has fukked yall up....this movie is not based on assault on arkham....

I have no idea what youre saying but he was in near tears.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
About to watch the episode now, but apparently on SK JTE said this:
On SchmoesKnow live show last night,. JTE said that he knows an insider that actually viewed the original Ayer cut earlier this year. This was around the time people were leaking that it was a complete mess. Apparently the Ayer original had a lot more violence with Croc and a much darker tone. It didn't have the popular music at allThe BvS reception did influence the final theatrical version. JTE is very trustworthy.

That cut sounds a lot more interesting. :ohhh:

If true, sounds like they freaked out about the BVS reception and trying to make it pg 13?

Has Ayer ever done a movie with a light tone?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
and that's the problem right there: yall cats only going off the animated series, like comics havent existed long before that shyt....in fact: where do you think they got a lot of the inspiration for the series from? the comics....the only character from the series that went to the comic and not the other way around was montoya, the female cop...they dug her so much on the animated show, they gave her a book and let her become the question....

anyway, that normal family shyt does fit her character....think about it: she is smart as shyt...she knows that a normal fam type thing aint gonna happen with her/him running around being batshyt crazy and doing the shyt they do as harley/joker, so why would she want that?...she's cool doing the harley shyt cause she has him, but her ultimate goal/dream is to let that shyt go and settle down with the joker....also, the bytch was already crazy, she didnt descend into it cause of the joker like you said....yea, he helped her show it more openly and pushed her into the deep end, but she was already swimming in the crazy pool...another thing: she's not in love with the joker just cause of the crazy shyt he does, she's in love with him as a person...he could be the janitor, and she'd still love him...it just so happens he's batshyt crazy lol....

why would they change the line when it fits the character and what she was going for?...she called them pussies cause they hesitated on doing something the first time...why wouldnt she call them pussies again when they hesitated again?....what, you wouldve liked her to use another word instead of pussies to get more laughs?....

Wait a minute..wasnt Harley Quinn created on Batman TAS and then brought to comics? Lol
Yep..first ever appearnce was Joker's Favor on Batman TAS.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
About to watch the episode now, but apparently on SK JTE said this:

That cut sounds a lot more interesting. :ohhh:

If true, sounds like they freaked out about the BVS reception and trying to make it pg 13?

Has Ayer ever done a movie with a light tone?
He wrote the OG Fast and Furious.

End of Watch was funny, but still very serious.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
suicide-squad-poster-slice-600x200.png

GRADE = B 4/5 STARS

The DCEU kicks off the third film in the universe about a group of criminal misfits who come together to fight against a supernatural foe while the Justice Leaque is being constructed. First and formost as someone who was aware of the comic book growing up, I think the film knocked it out of the park. It was like a Dysfuntional Avengers but in a good way. You were invested into all the characters and their past. I don't agree about the editing complaints. I thought the movie overall was cut very well and transistion between flashbacks was also very well done. I do agree the 3rd act did get a little choppy. Will Smith killed it as Deadshot, yes sometimes all we see is Will being Will but he was good in this role. Love the scene with him and Batman. Margot absolutely BODIED Harley. I was terrified of her, she's the type of chick that would Loraina Bobbit dudes (The woman from VA that chopped her mans junk off). She easily put one of the best DC performances for a female since Michelle Phiffer as Catwoman. There were even scenes were she looked like Vickie Vale from Batman 89 in the flashback. Her ruthless nature, messy makeup, child like curosity and satanic like behavoir had me at hello.

Viola Davis DOMINIATED this movie. I've never disliked a character so much but her performance made me understand her motivations and why she's like that. The rest of the cast was cool. After terrible performances in "Terminator 5" and "Die Hard 5", Jai Courtney did a great job as Boomerang. I guess being a supporting role took the pressure off him and he was able to shine. El DIABLO WAS BEAST. I love his character infinitely better than Johnny Blaze/Human torch. He has more layers and story behind him. Croc was cool Katana was hard even though she didn't speak much. Col Flag was decent. Overall the team was off the hook and had great chemstry. I liked Jared Joker. Going in I knew he was going to be a glofired cameo supporting role. So honestly I don't judge him against Jack nor Heath because they had larger roles. In this case he was brought in through Harley perspective. I liked how he didn't try to copy Jack or Heath but if you watch he still payed homage to both. Love how he was like a gangster. Batman's Cameo was well done as well. Even though Batman and Joker are in the movie, David Ayer did a great job of not having them outshine the Suicide Squad. I also enjoyed how the movie tied into "BatsVSupes" and "Justice League". They've gotten the "Episodic" Thing down good because it felt like watching a Animated Series or Live Comic Book Episode splashed on the screen.

Now my Biggest Beef was in the 3rd act. The ending felt a little rushed. I also felt a "Ghostbusters" vibe with Entantress. It's not a bad thing but I couldn't help but laugh at "Suicide Squad" doing Ghostbusters better than the remake, lol. So the supernatural element with her and her brother was probably the weaker part but they were still tough competition for the Squad. Also though Jared did great, he was chopped in and out where he just popped up half the time. I know it's not Joker movie but this was more of an intro than anything. I also thought they were getting a little to dramatic with the character backstories. But none of that was enough to ruin the movie. Overall I can't wait to see this gang back in action. I know Bruce came and told Amanda Justice League will take care of it from here but I think there are plenty of Suicide Squad stories. I think both Deadshot and Harley as well as Joker should be in the Solo Batman film. It would break records. Overall loved it, so I do believe there is a DC Critic Bias. This movie was not under 30% bad. I think when David said "F*ck Marvel" some of these critics got sensative. The movie is better than several Marvel titles. I also liked how Dark it was. I thought they were going to make it too comedic but the humor was done well, it was a like a Dark Comedy or dark humor. The action was off the chain as well. So I give a solid B and it really surprised me because again "Suicide Squad" wasn't the most popular comic growing up but I remember them so it was cool to see it translated into live action.

NEPC4WIvHAHKTX_2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
"Man of Steel" 116M Opening Weekend = Broke the June OW Record
"BatmanVSuperman" 166M Opening Weekend = Broke March OW Record
"Suicide Squad" = 140-155M Pacing Projected Weekend = Will Break the August OW Record

3 Films, 3 100+ M OW, 3 Broke Records.

:sas2:
No one said they couldn't cut a trailer.