Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea, you can tell there was chemistry, and that can be explored in future movies...which is cool, cause that could lead to a joker/deadshot showdown...
I'm too pissed they deleted the scene where Joker was about to throw the grenade.. I read that that scene happens when he returns after the helicopter

I'm ready for this Batman flick tho, Affleck hasn't let me down in the role yet and I was against his casting

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
My guy, watch the Batman TAS. That's not who she is as a character :heh: She wants a perfect family but with the Joker and in the world he's created. Her dreaming about everything being totally normal implies she really doesn't wanna be Harley which makes zero sense. Even if that was the case, Harley fell in love and descended into madness with and over the Joker, the crazy weird psychotic killer. Why would she dream about being in love with someone who's not that??

I'm not saying it didn't fit her character, the lines were just forced in at awkward parts of scenes or were just timed badly. She made the "pussies" joke once already, and you don't do it twice without changing up the gag, that's a comedy no-no, yet that's exactly what happened in the movie. And not only that, but she just delivers it out of nowhere and its just bad. But I don't put the blame on Margot Robbie for stuff like that because something like that is on the director to change during shooting or the editors to adjust on the cutting room floor

You can't be serious.
She was a high level psyche doctor that fell in love and knew he could never be what fantasy says.
Yet reality says for her to get with mr j means she has to go to his side
Yet originally she fell in love and knew to act on it she had to go to his world.
In her fantasy she envisions she met him and he is not the joker and they had a normal hubby/wifey with kids relationship.

How you don't get that and it is simple, I dunno.

Art Barr

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm too pissed they deleted the scene where Joker was about to throw the grenade.. I read that that scene happens when he returns after the helicopter

I'm ready for this Batman flick tho, Affleck hasn't let me down in the role yet and I was against his casting

that'll probably be in the director's cut or deleted scenes part of the blu-ray....at least hopefully it will be

yea, he's been solid so far as bruce/bats...cant wait to see him in jl and the bat solo...

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Overall man it was an enjoyable movie... I didn't walk into the theater expecting it to win an Oscar

It was a complete change of pace from BvS in terms of providing lots of action versus lots of storytelling... In an earlier post, I compared it to Guardians of the Galaxy by it being an ensemble film of "bad guys" most viewers never heard of minus Joker and Harley with pop music as the score and lots of comedic 1 lines.

I'm upset with WB deleting so many scenes but I mean, the film doesn't deserve all the negativity its receiving IMO

I think ppl judge DC flicks much more strongly than they do Marvel's and I'm not a stan boy of either, I like both brands.

The common perception is that the DC flick ain't gon be good and the Marvel flick is... you walk into the theater expecting it not to be good then 9 times outta 10 you're not gonna view it the same as the person who walked in with a different mind set... that's why I stay away from RT reviews, professional critics and forums until I've seen it for myself
Exactly right. I thought it was a good movie. Jared Leto is an average Joker. Pacing issues. Good action. 8/10.

Superstar
Daps
You can't be serious.
She was a high level psyche doctor that fell in love and knew he could never be what fantasy says.
Yet reality says for her to get with mr j means she has to go to his side
Yet originally she fell in love and knew to act on it she had to go to his world.
In her fantasy she envisions she met him and he is not the joker and they had a normal hubby/wifey with kids relationship.

How you don't get that and it is simple, I dunno.

Art Barr

I can't reply to this post simply because I can't understand what you type

But if you're saying what I think you're tryna say, no. Harley is not gonna fantasize that she met him not as the Joker, because she fell in love with the Joker. If he was just some random good looking dude with a 9-5 she wouldn't care for him like that. This isn't even about character analysis, its just plain logic :heh:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was reading some numbers on this. There was a poll out after the Thursday screenings. the audience was roughly 42% female which is a big deal. 73% of audiences liked it. For whatever reason they grouped black and latino :comeon: but out of this group it was 81% who liked it. Also, 25% of people said they were there to see Harley Quinn. 23% said they were there to see Will Smith. My bruh still got that star power :salute:

I saw at Cinemascore it has a B+ which is a slightly above average score :ehh:

Obviously even tho I didn't like it too much others did.. I hope it does well at the box office cause I want to see more of these characters. :obama:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly right. I thought it was a good movie. Jared Leto is an average Joker. Pacing issues. Good action. 8/10.
I'd give it that rating too... if I can get an extended cut with extra scenes, etc that'd def help but 8/10 is pretty damn great

I liked Leto as Joker but I can't go critique him that much because he was a mere cameo. I got a whole movie to understand Affleck's portrayal of Bats to understand his cameo in this versus to Leto.

I can tell that if given big role in a film that they'll allow this Joker to do some truly sadistic shyt tho

Superstar
Daps
Yo the theater was buzzin when Flag tells them all

they are free to go if they wish and Boomerang broke the 100m dash runnin out the door

:russ:

He ended up coming back and shyt but still :pachaha:

See that part to me is just a reminder to me of the pacing and editing issues with the movie. Yeah its just a little joke, but its so weird because looking at what came before it (a serious moment with Rick Flag that needed time to breathe before a joke could be cracked) and what came after (ok so why did he just show up again for no reason? did he actually seriously leave or was that a joke on his part?), I chuckled but then had to double back like "what?"

I don't wanna overanalyze a little joke like that but to me its just another weird detail of a really weirdly thought out/edited movie

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what do you guys think the endgame is gonna be for the DCEU? They have so much potential they can put on film with their star power

Whenever Rock plays Black Adam you basically have a Ben Affleck/Henry Cavill/Jason Momoa vs The Rock matchup right there which would be dope cuz I remember how hype everyone was for Vin Diesel vs The Rock

They got a GL Corps movie where we can get all the GLs and we know Darkseid's coming soon

After JL, I say they do a JL vs Injustice Gang/Secret Society type film before they go against Darkseid and tweak the villain lineup with some of these SS characters like Deadshot and Harley plus Joker and Lex

El Diablo had dope character development in SS but I doubt they use him outside of SS films

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Their definitely should have been a stand off between Deadshot and Captain Boomerang, it was Fun in the Animated Film..could have been Cool in this 1.:manny:

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
So what do you guys think the endgame is gonna be for the DCEU? They have so much potential they can put on film with their star power

Whenever Rock plays Black Adam you basically have a Ben Affleck/Henry Cavill/Jason Momoa vs The Rock matchup right there which would be dope cuz I remember how hype everyone was for Vin Diesel vs The Rock

They got a GL Corps movie where we can get all the GLs and we know Darkseid's coming soon

After JL, I say they do a JL vs Injustice Gang/Secret Society type film before they go against Darkseid and tweak the villain lineup with some of these SS characters like Deadshot and Harley plus Joker and Lex

El Diablo had dope character development in SS but I doubt they use him outside of SS films

It's shytty how they're cutting corners getting the universe set up.
The pay off will be greater if they set things up properly.
But right now it's looking real sus.
The order they're releasing these movies in isn't helping.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I can't reply to this post simply because I can't understand what you type

But if you're saying what I think you're tryna say, no. Harley is not gonna fantasize that she met him not as the Joker, because she fell in love with the Joker. If he was just some random good looking dude with a 9-5 she wouldn't care for him like that. This isn't even about character analysis, its just plain logic :heh:

Yeah, and you don't get simple logic based around a fantasy.

Plus, for somebody not known at all for having any thoughts here anybody gives a damn about.
I find it funny you trying to talk about not understanding what i wrote and you don't get a simple dream fantasy sequence that makes fukk'n sense in a movie.
One of the few things that actually made perfect sense.

You just on some dense shyt and the deflection to try that shyt with me is laughable.

Art Barr

Last edited: