Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the way I interpreted the fantasy sequence too... she's more crazy in love with Joker than she is crazy

Joker comes off as being naturally crazy, Harley ran with the shyts cuz she fell in love

she's got a few screws loose from dealing with him for so long but I can see how she'd envision that

naw, the bytch was always batshyt crazy....that's one of the things that drew her to the joker....he didnt just goldie the bytch and make her fall for him, she was already gone and she liked that shyt in him....but you are right: she's more crazy in love with joker and that's stronger than just her being batshyt crazy....

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall man it was an enjoyable movie... I didn't walk into the theater expecting it to win an Oscar

It was a complete change of pace from BvS in terms of providing lots of action versus lots of storytelling... In an earlier post, I compared it to Guardians of the Galaxy by it being an ensemble film of "bad guys" most viewers never heard of minus Joker and Harley with pop music as the score and lots of comedic 1 lines.

I'm upset with WB deleting so many scenes but I mean, the film doesn't deserve all the negativity its receiving IMO

I think ppl judge DC flicks much more strongly than they do Marvel's and I'm not a stan boy of either, I like both brands.

The common perception is that the DC flick ain't gon be good and the Marvel flick is... you walk into the theater expecting it not to be good then 9 times outta 10 you're not gonna view it the same as the person who walked in with a different mind set... that's why I stay away from RT reviews, professional critics and forums until I've seen it for myself

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
why do they keep cutting these movies down fam :mindblown:

they need to lay the foundation, they aren't as established as the MCU so of course the DC movies will be longer if just for the moment to establish the foundation.

Imo, I think this is all a wb plot to try to play games at the box office then if it flops or does good.
They can release a director's cut later after the first DVD release of it gets good reviews.
Then pull the superman ii director's cut cult followed routine and try to sell more off the premise and mystique of the enfmaous superman ii director's cut move.
shyt is bullshyt and you can not pull that type of bait and switch with a comic book internet based community.
Who have conventions and are arguably the most dedicated nerdcore fan base in earth's existance at this exact moment.
Just the idea to try this on this draw and thus movie speaks of how out of touch wb/dc is and will remain.
All because wb is p*ssy and been to p*ssy since 1991.
Thus company is perfectly inept and real talk,....
WB need to pay will again for sabotaging a summer movie of his like they did www. When will had to be saddled with a mechatronic robot spider meant for the Tim Burton superman to begin with.

So, will actually has been sabotaged by Warner on two occasions because of big budget blunders and mishaps on summer flicks.

Art Barr

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess..too much time really for him. I laughed at him nearly crying over Harley. Silly.

you know he wasnt nearly finna cry over harley, right?....

this part isnt just for you, but from shyt i've seen: seriously, i hope yall arent thinking he was falling for the chick lol.....that's not why he didnt shoot her....i swear, assault on arkham has fukked yall up....this movie is not based on assault on arkham....

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
naw, the bytch was always batshyt crazy....that's one of the things that drew her to the joker....he didnt just goldie the bytch and make her fall for him, she was already gone and she liked that shyt in him....but you are right: she's more crazy in love with joker and that's stronger than just her being batshyt crazy....
In most depictions of Harley I've read/seen, its always she was sane until she got too close to the Joker but I mean.. essentially that also could mean she's been a lil crazy

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In most depictions of Harley I've read/seen, its always she was sane until she got too close to the Joker but I mean.. essentially that also could mean she's been a lil crazy

yea, the chick was always a lil off....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The movie was Hard Body. DC Critic Bias confirmed, review coming up.

Suicide-Squad-Movie-Will-Smith-Deadshot-Mask.jpg

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you know he wasnt nearly finna cry over harley, right?....

this part just for you, but from shyt i've seen: seriously, i hope yall arent thinking he was falling for the chick lol.....that's not why he didnt shoot her....i swear, assault on arkham has fukked yall up....this movie is not based on assault on arkham....

That's another issue... a lot of ppl's first introduction to Deadshot was the cartoon movie and Arrow

He clearly didn't shoot her cuz at that point he was done taking orders but him and Harley did have a lil chemistry but I love the fact that they kept her solely tied to Mr J

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's another issue... a lot of ppl's first introduction to Deadshot was the cartoon movie and Arrow

He clearly didn't shoot her cuz at that point he was done taking orders but him and Harley did have a lil chemistry but I love the fact that they kept her solely tied to Mr J

yea, you can tell there was chemistry, and that can be explored in future movies...which is cool, cause that could lead to a joker/deadshot showdown...