Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My guy, watch the Batman TAS. That's not who she is as a character :heh: She wants a perfect family but with the Joker and in the world he's created. Her dreaming about everything being totally normal implies she really doesn't wanna be Harley which makes zero sense. Even if that was the case, Harley fell in love and descended into madness with and over the Joker, the crazy weird psychotic killer. Why would she dream about being in love with someone who's not that??

I'm not saying it didn't fit her character, the lines were just forced in at awkward parts of scenes or were just timed badly. She makes the "pussies" joke once, you don't do it twice without changing up the gag in a movie, that's a comedy no-no. And not only that, but she just delivers it out of nowhere and its just bad. But I don't put the blame on Margot Robbie for stuff like that because something like that is on the director to change during shooting or the editors to adjust on the cutting room floor

and that's the problem right there: yall cats only going off the animated series, like comics havent existed long before that shyt....in fact: where do you think they got a lot of the inspiration for the series from? the comics....the only character from the series that went to the comic and not the other way around was montoya, the female cop...they dug her so much on the animated show, they gave her a book and let her become the question....

anyway, that normal family shyt does fit her character....think about it: she is smart as shyt...she knows that a normal fam type thing aint gonna happen with her/him running around being batshyt crazy and doing the shyt they do as harley/joker, so why would she want that?...she's cool doing the harley shyt cause she has him, but her ultimate goal/dream is to let that shyt go and settle down with the joker....also, the bytch was already crazy, she didnt descend into it cause of the joker like you said....yea, he helped her show it more openly and pushed her into the deep end, but she was already swimming in the crazy pool...another thing: she's not in love with the joker just cause of the crazy shyt he does, she's in love with him as a person...he could be the janitor, and she'd still love him...it just so happens he's batshyt crazy lol....

why would they change the line when it fits the character and what she was going for?...she called them pussies cause they hesitated on doing something the first time...why wouldnt she call them pussies again when they hesitated again?....what, you wouldve liked her to use another word instead of pussies to get more laughs?....

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
no, it's not backwards...it actually fits the character....she knows as long as they are 'joker' and 'harley', she'll never get the 'normal' (marriage, kids) life that she wants with him....that's why her dream was of them not being 'joker' & 'harley'...
then establish that she has a conflict with how her relationship is...they never did that. Not even in that scene in the staircase when she talks to Deadshot about being in love did enough to establish that. Next you see her jumping into a pit of Ace chemicals just for the joker. She is madly in love and the whole movie she did everything to see him and did everything for him...even being passed off like a hooker in the scene with Common. this is why I say its backwards...shes crazy and only cares about having her "puddin" which is all that matters so why the heck outta nowhere would she want a normal life? becuase of her schpeel in the bar talking to el diablo about him killing his family by accident? she was tryign to influence him to own and accept his fate. Which was her point, w'ere bad people and its just who we are, embrace it. She even uttered similar words when she took the clothes from the manakin display randomly.

This whole movie she accepts being the bad guy not once was she conflicted with trying to be normal

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, I'm not gonna compare Leto's Joker to Heath's...

every onscreen iteration of the Joker has been different yet faithful in regards to something from the comics

Leto didn't even have enough scenes to justify comparing him to Heath's Joker that had more screen time than Bale's Batman

Leto's Joker does seem like he's crazy as hell tho.. I don't get how some of y'all say he didn't seem insane enough

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was waiting for that scene with Joker smiling and pulling a grenade pin with his mouth from the trailer but it never came :mjcry:

We had no Jokerisms... Dude was just a crazy mob boss with a hip sense of fashion. Everything he did and used was conventional. Maybe the cut scenes would have explained more but he just didnt do it for me as the Joker

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was waiting for that scene with Joker smiling and pulling a grenade pin with his mouth from the trailer but it never came :mjcry:

We had no Jokerisms... Dude was just a crazy mob boss with a hip sense of fashion. Everything he did and used was conventional. Maybe the cut scenes would have explained more but he just didnt do it for me as the Joker
I was waiting for that as well smh

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
Regarding the ending:
Why couldn't they let Cara Delevingne's character die :snoop:. As soon as Flagg crushed enchantress's heart, I started thinking to myself, "they better not bring her (the regular June Moone) back from the dead", and right after that it was apparent that she was going to be alive. Sure enough, she breaks out of her Enchantress skin and she and Flagg have a happily ever after moment. The ending would have been so much better if they let Flagg reluctantly kill the woman that he loves :snoop:. The character sucked, the actress sucked, just kill her.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Never read the comic...didnt know Deadshot cared for Harley liked that. Lol. He almost lost his mind before wanting to harm her...i did not want to see Will Smith either. Damn. But Harley was worth it...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
then establish that she has a conflict with how her relationship is...they never did that. Not even in that scene in the staircase when she talks to Deadshot about being in love did enough to establish that. Next you see her jumping into a pit of Ace chemicals just for the joker. She is madly in love and the whole movie she did everything to see him and did everything for him...even being passed off like a hooker in the scene with Common. this is why I say its backwards...shes crazy and only cares about having her "puddin" which is all that matters so why the heck outta nowhere would she want a normal life? becuase of her schpeel in the bar talking to el diablo about him killing his family by accident? she was tryign to influence him to own and accept his fate. Which was her point, w'ere bad people and its just who we are, embrace it. She even uttered similar words when she took the clothes from the manakin display randomly.

This whole movie she accepts being the bad guy not once was she conflicted with trying to be normal

they did establish her love for him, but since they didnt take 30 mins to explain it in laymen's terms , yall acting like it didnt exist....ex: the stairwell scene....she jumped in the batch of acid to prove her love for the joker to the joker...he knew her jumping into the acid would fukk her up like it did him, that's why he asked her 'would she live for him?'...that's why she asked deadshot had he ever been in love....the scene with common: you're incorrect about that too....she wasnt passed off as a hooker, that scene shows how much joker and harley mean to each other....right before the scene, waller talks about joker/harley as the king/queen of crime and says if anyone disrespects the queen, that's their ass.....what's the next scene? common calling her a 'bad bytch', which pissed joker off cause he took it as disrespect....that's why common started copping pleas when joker called harley over cause he knew he fukked up....there was no right answer he couldve gave right then to save his ass....

her wanting a normal life had nothing to do with el diablo...her speech to him was more a pep talk to tell him he couldnt change what he had done, that he was a villain, and that he needed to just own/accept that shyt.....as for her/joker: that is the shyt she always wanted...the enchantress showed them their true desires, the shyt they really wanted that would make them happy...their is no conflict with her....she enjoys running around as the queen of crime, it's fun to her and she's satisfied with it cause she has the joker, but ultimately she wants that bad boy to 'turn good' cause she wants the marriage, kids, and the whole nine...seriously, why is that shyt so hard for yall to understand? like yall dont see that kinda shyt everyday with men/women relationships lol....

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yea I always do that, but since DC is trying to establish their own movieverse and BVS (theatrical) was :trash:, another mixed review for their release has me :patrice:

I may go next week to watch it. I'll post my thoughts.
The movie will hook you..dont take the Drake generation's opinion on jack shyt.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Joker was like el chapo in this movie which I guess was the point. I think we needed some more scenes with him and his henchmen. They had personality
His feelings for Harley Quinn were a bit OD since its hard to imagine him loving someone other than himself like that but they did sort of have that baptism makeout which made her like him.

El diablo is a good character
If Superman is coming back to life they better bring chato back as well

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they did establish her love for him, but since they didnt take 30 mins to explain it in laymen's terms , yall acting like it didnt exist....ex: the stairwell scene....she jumped in the batch of acid to prove her love for the joker to the joker...he knew her jumping into the acid would fukk he up like it did him, that's why he asked her 'would she live for him?'...that's why she asked deadshot had he ever been in love....the scene with common: you're incorrect about that too....she wasnt passed off as a hooker, that scene shows how much joker and harley mean to each other....right before the scene, waller talks about joker/harley as the king/queen of crime and says if anyone disrespects the queen, that's their ass.....what's the next scene? common calling her a 'bad bytch', which pissed joker off cause he took it as disrespect....that's why common started copping pleas when joker called harley over cause he knew he fukked up....there was no right answer he couldve gave right then to save his ass....

her wanting a normal life had nothing to do with el diablo...her speech to him was more a pep talk to tell him he couldnt change what he had done, that h was a villain, and that he needed to just own/accept that shyt.....as for her/joker: that is the shyt she always wanted...the enchantress showed them their true desires, the shyt they really wanted that would make them happy...their is no conflict with her....she enjoys running around as the queen of crime, it's fun to her and she's satisfied with it cause she has the joker, but ultimately she wants that bad boy to 'turn good' cause she wants the marriage, kids, and the whole nine...seriously, why is that shyt so hard for yall to understand? like yall dont see that kinda shyt everyday with men/women relationships lol....
That's the way I interpreted the fantasy sequence too... she's more crazy in love with Joker than she is crazy

Joker comes off as being naturally crazy, Harley ran with the shyts cuz she fell in love

she's got a few screws loose from dealing with him for so long but I can see how she'd envision that