Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, I might be saying something premature, but there must be some issue as to why it's getting these mixed reviews.

Mixed reviews are not really a good sign of things. You have a movie that's mostly positive with some negative reviews or vice versa. BVS is a flick that got mixed reviews similar to this; maybe more negative.

I'm just saying. My gut is telling I'll like it. I'm not taking these reviews as gospel, but after the BVS fiasco you can understand why I'm :patrice:

i dont know why it's getting mixed reviews...think it's since that the ball started rolling negatively, people are going that way tp fit in, no matter what......i say that cause if you read the reviews and people's posts, a lot are saying more positive than negative about the movie, but for some reason they wanna still give it a low score/bash the movie...seriously, just look at this thread....some cats in here have listed more positive than negative in their review of the movie, but in the end still say the movie is straight trash....some have said they give it a 7, but it's still just aight/not that bad....get the fukk outta here lol....

anyway, in the end, you should just judge shyt for yourself...then let the chips fall where they may....after you see it, tell a brotha what you think...

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They played it super safe with the Joker/Harley relationship to the point that it didn't even feel right.

Joker didn't need to be in this movie nearly as much as he was and his motivation doesn't fit his character at all.

Joker is supposed to be the epitome of #HOH but he was a complete simp.

Made me really appreciate what heath leadger did with the character.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro... Harley is crazy. Why would she dream about being a housewife with hair rolls and a fukking baby with a normal, cured Joker?

And it's not her acting that was forced but moreso how she was used. For example, those two parts where she called the Squad "pussies" was so contrived, and for the most part she did appear somewhat one-dimensional

cause that's who she is as a character....she's always been in love with the joker, and to her, the only way they can have a fam is if they became 'normal' and not be how they are....as long as they are like that, her dream would never come true....

as for her calling them pussies: that shyt fit her character....it was established the bytch was more intense and quicker to go off the handle than even the joker, so to her, for them to act timid/scared to being a villain/doing some villain shyt, was p*ssy to her....the joker would never act like that, and that's who she was comparing them too...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aint no conspiracy fam, this was just awful :mjlol:

not saying it's a conspiracy, just saying people are sheep and scared to go against the grain of the majority...that's not saying people have to like the movie, but you can tell by some of the reviews/posts in this thread, cats like the movie, but are giving it a low score/rating to fit in....seriously: people are saying it's a 7 outta 10, but that it's just 'aight'...lol what the fukk?!?!?....a movie gotta be perfect just to be considered 'good' by some of these cats lol....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the both of them are bat shyt crazy and both madly in love which is an equation for a clusterfukk when you mix love and crazy together which is the point of these two characters...but to have Harley dreaming about a "normal life" is backwards as fukk...shes crazy and as long as she has her boyfriend nothing else matters.

no, it's not backwards...it actually fits the character....she knows as long as they are 'joker' and 'harley', she'll never get the 'normal' (marriage, kids) life that she wants with him....that's why her dream was of them not being 'joker' & 'harley'...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
anyway, in the end, you should just judge shyt for yourself...then let the chips fall where they may....after you see it, tell a brotha what you think...

Yea I always do that, but since DC is trying to establish their own movieverse and BVS (theatrical) was :trash:, another mixed review for their release has me :patrice:

I may go next week to watch it. I'll post my thoughts.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Forgot my rating for this one since I said I really liked it

I actually liked this better than bvs theater version but I enjoyed that movie but not as much as the blu Ray version

Against the ultimate Edition can't say cuz I rated that even higher and I need to watch again

8/10 for me

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They played it super safe with the Joker/Harley relationship to the point that it didn't even feel right.

Joker didn't need to be in this movie nearly as much as he was and his motivation doesn't fit his character at all.

Joker is supposed to be the epitome of #HOH but he was a complete simp.

Made me really appreciate what heath leadger did with the character.

not true....it's in the joker's character the way he went all out to find her....when she's not there, he misses the shyt outta here, and wants her back...and yes, joker treats her like shyt, but he's the only one that gets to do that...anyone else does it, he fukks them up....that's how their relationship has been written....but some of yall cats think the only thing he does is abuse and not give 2 fukks about the bytch lol....

Superstar
Daps
cause that's who she is as a character....she's always been in love with the joker, and to her, the only way they can have a fam is if they became 'normal' and not be how they are....as long as they are like that, her dream would never come true....

as for her calling them pussies: that shyt fit her character....it was established the bytch was more intense and quicker to go off the handle than even the joker, so to her, for them to act timid/scared to being a villain/doing some villain shyt, was p*ssy to her....the joker would never act like that, and that's who she was comparing them too...

My guy, watch the Batman TAS. That's not who she is as a character :heh: She wants a perfect family but with the Joker and in the world he's created. Her dreaming about everything being totally normal implies she really doesn't wanna be Harley which makes zero sense. Even if that was the case, Harley fell in love and descended into madness with and over the Joker, the crazy weird psychotic killer. Why would she dream about being in love with someone who's not that??

I'm not saying it didn't fit her character, the lines were just forced in at awkward parts of scenes or were just timed badly. She made the "pussies" joke once already, and you don't do it twice without changing up the gag, that's a comedy no-no, yet that's exactly what happened in the movie. And not only that, but she just delivers it out of nowhere and its just bad. But I don't put the blame on Margot Robbie for stuff like that because something like that is on the director to change during shooting or the editors to adjust on the cutting room floor

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I also feel like they missed out big by not touching on the abusive relationship between the two which was such a :mjcry: thing in TAS and in that one shot comic
this movie was PG with kids watching breh, dont think they have the balls to go that direction :heh:

What I feel they fukked up on heavy is Killer Croc. Should have just had someone play him with CGI and make him 7 feet tall with a wrestler build but I guess it wouldnt matter since all they fought were some frail ass power ranger puddy looking henchmen

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Jared Leto Doesn't Seem Too Happy About Having His Joker Scenes Cut From SUICIDE SQUAD

After all that hype, all the awesome marketing, all the method acting, all the disturbing gifts to his cast-mates; Jared Leto appears as The Joker in Suicide Squad for all of 20 minutes max. It's basically a glorified cameo spread out over several different scenes, and although these moments are really cool for the most part, a lot of fans were left feeling a bit shortchanged.

Well, as it turns out, audiences weren't the only ones disappointed by this. In an interview with IGN, Leto was asked if he was upset about some of his scenes being cut:

“Were there any that didn’t get cut? I’m asking you, were there any that didn’t get cut? There were so many scenes that got cut from the movie, I couldn’t even start. I think that the Joker… we did a lot of experimentation on the set, we explored a lot. There’s so much that we shot that’s not in the film.

If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”

I think we can take that as a yes. As Leto rather morbidly alludes to, there is a very good chance we will eventually see the stuff that wound up on the cutting room floor, it's just a shame it wasn't deemed important enough to feature in the theatrical version. I know I'd gladly exchange another Joker scene (or anything, really) for that utterly pointless Enchantress/Amanda Waller flashback.

Jared Leto Doesn't Seem Too Happy About Having His Joker Scenes Cut From SUICIDE SQUAD

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Yes, I might be saying something premature, but there must be some issue as to why it's getting these mixed reviews.

Mixed reviews are not really a good sign of things. You have a movie that's mostly positive with some negative reviews or vice versa. BVS is a flick that got mixed reviews similar to this; maybe more negative.

I'm just saying. My gut is telling I'll like it. I'm not taking these reviews as gospel, but after the BVS fiasco you can understand why I'm :patrice:
if the trailer looks shytty or barely makes you budge chances are the movie will be ass. No movie as of late have I seen a trailer that was a fukkin fireworks show but the movie was absolute trash

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just read a list of scenes that were deleted and I believe its true due to so many scenes used in the trailer that weren't in the film and idk why WB keeps butchering their films.. I support the theatrical success by getting IMAX 3D tix and then the blu ray revenue by purchasing but if their norm is gonna be to butcher the film and then release extended cuts on blu ray I may have to reevaluate how I go about seeing anticipated DC films

Apparently there were scenes that showed Joker/Harley's abusive relationship

The blame on WB's directors has to stop

so many marketing dollars were used to promote the Joker and they cut so many of his scenes out