Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
this movie isnt the WORST MOVIE ON THE PLANET it was watchable and had some dope parts, but I dont even wanna bother watching it again, unless im super bored on a saturday night or something, even then I might hesitate to press play. The reviews I seen and what I saw on rotten tomatoes are buggin it wasnt completely trash to that level....but all in all it was still trash

5/10

:manny:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This review is spot on (except a couple parts)

That Common club scene moved ridiculously fast

Harley's dream in the end fight makes no sense. Harley felt forced throughout the movie because they didn't give her the proper material to work with

I agree with the Common scene but not the dream sequence part

She's in love with Joker.. Her fantasy is to have a family with him.... I don't get how her dream doesn't make sense

I don't feel she forced her acting either... I'm actually surprised she had the Harley accent from the cartoons a little... I was a little worried from her dialogue in all the previews that it would be absent

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if its already been addressed or not but about that cameo...
How did Flash have his suit already if Bruce didn't meet Barry yet? :dahell:
In the JL preview, he already has a suit but at some point in JL Bruce apparently modifies it.... Was the costume from SS the same costume as the one after Bruce modifies it?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
taking the reviews as gospel and asking wb/dc to switch it up is complaining....you havent seen the movie, so why ask they switch it up?.....if you see the movie and like it, are you gonna say they need to switch it up to get critics to like it? probably not....if you see it and agree with the critcs, you probably will....what i'm saying is you should hold judgement until you see it yourself...
Yes, I might be saying something premature, but there must be some issue as to why it's getting these mixed reviews.

Mixed reviews are not really a good sign of things. You have a movie that's mostly positive with some negative reviews or vice versa. BVS is a flick that got mixed reviews similar to this; maybe more negative.

I'm just saying. My gut is telling I'll like it. I'm not taking these reviews as gospel, but after the BVS fiasco you can understand why I'm :patrice:

Superstar
Daps
I agree with the Common scene but not the dream sequence part

She's in love with Joker.. Her fantasy is to have a family with him.... I don't get how her dream doesn't make sense

I don't feel she forced her acting either... I'm actually surprised she had the Harley accent from the cartoons a little... I was a little worried from her dialogue in all the previews that it would be absent

Bro... Harley is crazy. Why would she dream about being a housewife with hair rolls and a fukking baby with a normal, cured Joker?

And it's not her acting that was forced but moreso how she was used. For example, those two parts where she called the Squad "pussies" was so contrived, and for the most part she did appear somewhat one-dimensional

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro... Harley is crazy. Why would she dream about being a housewife with hair rolls and a fukking baby with a normal, cured Joker?

And it's not her acting that was forced but moreso how she was used
Yeah she is crazy.. Idk I guess I just interpreted it differently

I took it at as she's crazy to the point where her fantasy was a normal life with a guy that was a madman

Superstar
Daps
Yeah she is crazy.. Idk I guess I just interpreted it differently

I took it at as she's crazy to the point where her fantasy was a normal life with a madman

Yeah I get that, but that only makes sense if Joker was shown to still be the Joker. That's what I initially thought as well when the sequence started and I actually laughed a little cuz I thought it was funny how her dream was to be barefoot and pregnant with a crazy murdering psycopath but then they showed him without makeup and drinking morning coffee going to work and I was like son :beli:

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
I just watched it. This movie was not good. At the very best, it's a 5/10. The first 20 minutes had like 30 songs packed into it. It really did seem like a bunch of trailers. Most of the jokes were corny. Like Michael Bay corny. I feel bad for Will Smith, because he did a great job. Viola Davis was eh, and Margot Robbie only had a few decent moments. This Joker is nothing special. The only characters the movie gives you any reason to care for are Deadshot and Harley Quinn.And speaking of Harley Quinn, the movie does a poor job of explaining how the Joker was able to seduce and manipulate her. I remember playing Arkham Asylum and it was done very well in that game. Here they just tell you "She was assigned to the Joker and fell in love". Next thing you know: "I need a machine gun" "ok". Deadshot in this movie is definitely an anti-hero, not a villain. I see people saying that this movie is better than Batman V Superman and X-Men Apocalypse. I haven't seen either of those movies, but if that statement is true, those movies must be absolute garbage. There is no critic conspiracy against this movie, it just isn't a good movie. Transformers 1 is better than this.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot

And it's not her acting that was forced but moreso how she was used. For example, those two parts where she called the Squad "pussies" was so contrived, and for the most part she did appear somewhat one-dimensional
the both of them are bat shyt crazy and both madly in love which is an equation for a clusterfukk when you mix love and crazy together which is the point of these two characters...but to have Harley dreaming about a "normal life" is backwards as fukk...shes crazy and as long as she has her boyfriend nothing else matters.

Superstar
Daps
the both of them are bat shyt crazy and both madly in love which is an equation for a clusterfukk when you mix love and crazy together which is the point of these two characters...but to have Harley dreaming about a "normal life" is backwards as fukk...shes crazy and as long as she has her boyfriend nothing else matters.

I also feel like they missed out big by not touching on the abusive relationship between the two which was such a :mjcry: thing in TAS and in that one shot comic

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
why do they keep cutting these movies down fam :mindblown:

they need to lay the foundation, they aren't as established as the MCU so of course the DC movies will be longer if just for the moment to establish the foundation.
fam, the moment i seen that this movie was only 2 hours long i knew it would just be a cash grab action movie. Theres too many characters and plotlines leading to other DC movies to lay all that foundation in 2 hours ontop of tackling this movie's own plot as well :snoop: