Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
that's the best scene in the movie and is worth the price of admission alone....that scene had me smiling like a muthafukka i was enjoying it so much....and when it finished, i said 'hell yea' out loud lol....

The movie definitely delivered on the one anticipated moment that everyone who knows about this movie wanted to see above everything else.

Art Barr

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
"Just weeks before the two versions were tested, Warner Bros. declined to ante up for Ayer's next project, Bright, which will reunite him with SuicideSquad star Will Smith."

At least now we know why Ayer's taking credit for the hacksaw editing job :pachaha:
? I don't get what you mean.

Shouldn't he not want to take credit for it since they aren't funding his film?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
? I don't get what you mean.

Shouldn't he not want to take credit for it since they aren't funding his film?
No, they ARE now. I fukked up no posting the rest of the quote, my bad.

"Just weeks before the two versions were tested, Warner Bros. declined to ante up for Ayer's next project, Bright, which will reunite him with Suicide Squad star Will Smith. Nonetheless, a day or two after Ayer fired and rehired CAA, another cut of the film was screened for a test audience, and sources say the results were strong enough that there was an upbeat plane ride back to Los Angeles."

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No, they ARE now. I fukked up no posting the rest of the quote, my bad.

"Just weeks before the two versions were tested, Warner Bros. declined to ante up for Ayer's next project, Bright, which will reunite him with Suicide Squad star Will Smith. Nonetheless, a day or two after Ayer fired and rehired CAA, another cut of the film was screened for a test audience, and sources say the results were strong enough that there was an upbeat plane ride back to Los Angeles."
No,they aren't. Netflix is making it.

Maybe he's taking credit for it because *shocking* he did it? Or maybe he just wants to maintain a strong relationship for future projects.

I don't know why everybody is taking 1 article with 0 real sources as gospel. Maybe some of its true. Maybe it isn't. It's just rumour.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
positive
Viola Davis as Amanda Waller- great
Margot Robbie - :noah: :noah: couldnt stop thinking of fukkin her the whole time
Will Smith- very solid as always we can all agree he can play anyone at this point :heh:
Captain Boomerang- did literally nothing but was funny throughout so he def gets a pass

negative
Killer Croc sadly was a fukking c00n and barely spoke yet is out here asking for BET in prison :dahell:
Jared Leto- trying wayyyy to fukking hard, barely laughed and was still trash at that.
The general- imo was a little to simp

Daps
Reppin
NY
Honestly don't understand how anyone can say this was a bad movie. Im reading some of the post here and a lot of people are saying its good yet giving it 4-5 rating. This was definitely an enjoyable movie. Action throughout most of it and it constantly keep you engage through the characters. Im not sure if there is a conspiracy against DC but I after seeing this movie and reading the reviews it starting to look like something is off with the critics and what they are expecting. Cuz I know for a fact if Marvel released this movie it wouldn't be receiving a RT score of 26%. I feel like most people here would agree with this.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was dope.. I look at it similarly to what Marvel did with Guardians except this took place on Earth.. By that, I mean the numerous hit songs for the score and the humor

Harley was sexy in every scene.. Leto killed it as Joker... Shame they cut out a lot of his scenes

I like how they modernized the characters

I need to see Deadshot, Harley and Joker at some point appear in that Batman flick

I also like how Joker seems to survive every near death.. Very faithful to the comics

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
the problem again with DC is their villains. There's not much motivation and it just seems like they do shyt for the fukk of doing it. in BvS Lex came out the wood work trying to take down super man and had this huge elaborate scheme fukking over everyone but they alluded to why he did it. This movie it literally jumped from who the villain was and second later Enchantress is building some machine to wipe out the earth or whatever the fukk they were doing. AT LEAST in man of steel Zod was a badass and had a mission from the jump. His motivation was based on tactile decisions and not giving a rats ass about feelings and emotion, WHy? because as he stated he was a general and a commander on Krypton =...which is why his name is GENERAL Zod and everything else added up. He was cast away in a prison and that motivated him to be pissed off and become more obsessed with his mission which I feel this is where Zach Snyder did a great job.

The issue with Suicide Squad is their villain and the pacing. Amanda makes this sectret team of bad guys to do good but again alluded to what mission they were going to do and it wasnt until Enchantress starts fukking shyt up that they now have a mission. Sure they uncovered how that event came to be and why they were sent out but ut was done half assed in a small flashback that confused the fukk outta me.

Superstar
Daps

This review is spot on (except a couple parts)

That Common club scene moved ridiculously fast

Harley's dream in the end fight makes no sense. Harley felt forced throughout the movie because they didn't give her the proper material to work with

Last edited: