Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think people are saying that. But I think after the success of GOTG which I literally had ZERO expectations going in on, the fact that the trailers make the Joker look like the big bad. And the fact we are getting our first on screen portrayal of Harley Quinn. people have every right to be disappointed.

I mean look at the cast for fukk sakes. Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Jared Leto. These aren't B team motherfukkers. This ain't Chris Pratt and Batista. these are actors with gravitas.

you are talking about a couple different things i'll address:

1) expectations - people dont know the ss characters just like they didnt know gotg characters, so expectations for the actual characters shouldve been the same....

2) cast - yes, they are well known, and?...the actors in ss killed their roles and met/exceeded expectations in that regard, which most are saying, so how is that a disappointment?....

3) villain - not at one point was the joker sold as the main villain of this movie...that is shyt people ran with in their heads cause the most interaction the majority of people have had with the SS is 'attack on arkham'....they saw him and thought this was going to be a live action of that movie...so instead of judging the movie off what it is, they judging it off what they wanted....and since it's not a live action version of that movie, they are 'disappointed'...

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Saw this earlier honestly I liked it :ehh:Once again it did feel like scenes were definitely cut though.:patrice: I loved the chemistry with the actors though and Viola was the definition of the Wall in this shyt:banderas:ruthless :banderas:calculated :banderas:intelligent :banderas:Black Excellence :blessed:Big Will did his thing in this dude was a beast with the accuracy and triggerfinger:whoo:Croc:mjlol: hilarious and stayed true to himself the whole time :wow:Harley:whew::ohlawd::damn: Flagg:obama:Boomerang :pachaha:straight asswhole I loved it:dead:Diablo :smugdraper::salute:Katana "enemies deserve no mercy:demonic:" Joker :ehh:could tell a lot of his scenes were cut down but Jared definitely can channel that pure evil sadistic side of Joker. @Bruce Wayne bruh..:lupe:you need to get on that ASAP:lupe: Definitely not perfect but honestly I was entertained and wouldn't mind seeing it again movie was fun, asskicking, and I had a good time watching:manny:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if its already been addressed or not but about that cameo...
How did Flash have his suit already if Bruce didn't meet Barry yet? :dahell:

that's his own made suit...bruce aint the creator of everything in the dc universe

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I thought the going in and out of the accent was on purpose...one second she is playing up the ditzy/crazy Harley persona and then the next she'd be more Dr. Quinzell.
I thought of that too but IDK, why change it up like that for a Movie? Only time Harleen sounds like Harleen was when she was Dr. Quinzel in the Arkham Games/BTAS.

Even when she was doing it, it just didn't sound so great but everything else she was doing as Harley was Great.

Superstar
Daps
'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production, Competing Cuts, High Anxiety

A key concern for Warners executives was that Suicide Squad didn't deliver on the fun, edgy tone promised in the strong teaser trailer for the film. So while Ayer pursued his original vision, Warners set about working on a different cut, with an assist from Trailer Park, the company that had made the teaser.

This is why the movie felt like a long ass trailer at times :mjlol: All those pop songs added in and weird out of place effects and trailer-like montages and sequences now make sense

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
ceba46ed7c7cd79ac9d8670ea86cb41b6644604b95aac7927cde7e2655f97c19.jpg

Ok I just came back from seeing it and the results are in.....

I'm giving it on a scale of 1-10 an 8

Ok lets look at the pros. (SPOILERS...)
Will smith awesome deadshot, gives life to a B list DC character... Lots of jokes, heroic moments, hitman who kills people but in this day and age The govt sanctions murder too might as well get millions for it. :russ:
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Loveable, Crazy, Sexy, Fiesty her accent was on point, She was harley quinn for me, she just needed a bit more booty. :shaq:
Viola Davis as Waller Wow, Boss bytch from hell.... Cold blooded and a perfect representation from the comics very good performance.
Jared Leto as Joker I was just in stunned silence wondering what he was gonna do or the things he would do, but it's a PG13 movie so I guess they didnt have time.
Killer Croc was hilarious and needed more dialogue.
Cap Boomerang was hilarious needed more dialogue
El Diablo was ok although he was a sacrificial lamb that didnt want to fight he came to terms with it on his own.
Katana was ok....
Slipknot was :mjlol: what a waste of a character.
Enchantress wasnt that bad her motivations was simple and the effects around her was amazing... Kudos to the special effects people they spared no expense making her into a terrifying monster the shimmering eye effect was crazy...:whoo:
I loved the colorful intro's to each of their characters

The movie was good

Cons:

Story could have been better, more fleshed out I loved the characters I wanted to see more backstory on Kroc and Kitana :why:
Joker could have had way more screen time and more dialogue with harley to show their abusive crazy relationship.
Common's Cameo was a waste :mjlol:
The music, some parts was ok, some was NOT needed at all!!! :what:

I wished they had more information on enchantress and her brother and the machine they was building, they needed a bit more backstory on where they came from, the motivations, the powers,
Film lighting too dark to enjoy the close quarters combat... :snoop:

I would have loved to have seen SLADE WILSON & his army be in this movie, that is an extreme disappointment... :snoop:

THIS NEEDED TO BE RATED R!!!!!!!! IT'S CALLED THE SUICIDE SQUAD, NOT THE BAD NEWS BEARS!!!! a team of fukking rag tag super villans who occasionally blow shyt up and save the world doing the most dangerous missions on the planet... the shyt writes itself people... :why:
Enchantresses transforming back and forth was dope and some great makeup/special effects for real:whoo:Agreed on more Croc backstory, Boomerang, and Katana for me personally. Enchantress :troll: the government dude had me:dead: . I have a feeling another directors cut is coming though since I'm hearing Leto say his scenes were cut.
I'm pretty sure he killed that security guard dude at Bell Reve:damn:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
enchantress might have been better if they did more with her. like she was pretty cool when they first showed her transform.

I was not going to spoil this but off transformation alone.
Enchantress should have been the shyt.

Art Barr

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:banderas: That Deadshot scene when he was gawd body against them creator things

:lupe: Anybody got gifs of Harley at club

Movie was piff

that's the best scene in the movie and is worth the price of admission alone....that scene had me smiling like a muthafukka i was enjoying it so much....and when it finished, i said 'hell yea' out loud lol....

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
As a DC stan i was terribly disappointed in this. I really enjoyed BVS but this movie had me :dahell: from its onset. Honestly I'm beginning to lose hope in the DCEU ever being good.

It would be dc finally being true to their real form.

Art Barr

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production, Competing Cuts, High Anxiety

This is why the movie felt like a long ass trailer at times :mjlol: All those pop songs added in and weird out of place effects and trailer-like montages and sequences now make sense
"Just weeks before the two versions were tested, Warner Bros. declined to ante up for Ayer's next project, Bright, which will reunite him with SuicideSquad star Will Smith."

At least now we know why Ayer's taking credit for the hacksaw editing job :pachaha:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I hope these shytty reviews REALLY has WB/DC change it up. You can't have back to back movies, IN THE SPAN OF SEVERAL MONTHS, get shytted on.

WB really don't know what to do , breh.
They never have and basically are showing their approach of cop and blow with movies can not yield a blockbuster through the medium of their comic properties at dc.

Art Barr

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just got back from it. I thought it was decent. Viola was amazing. That's one bad bytch. Will and Margot were great. Everybody else was cool and played their roles well. I wanted a little bit more on each character story and motivation wise. Music was ass to me and seemed forced in a lot of spots. Plot was ehhh and enchantress just was ehhh as well. Overall they did way better than BVS imo.