Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
that's the thing though: they did change it up for this movie, and this is the movie people asked for...it's 'fun' like marvel in the fact it has jokes & it's 'colorful', but it also has the dc touch on it with the serious touch.....and people are still shytting on it just cause.....wb/dc is damned if they do, damned if they dont at this point...i'd rather them say fukk trying to please everyone and just stick to their vision, and make the best possible movies they can....
I am a proponent of letting the director put his or her vision on the screen without studio interference. I mean you hired these people and paid them a ton of cash because you liked how they made movies so just take a hands off approach and let the chips fall where they may.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will and Margot were legit :yeshrug:
But it just didn't feel like a "Squad" movie.
Didn't flesh everybody else out.
Enchantess had potential but..
Sheesh..
And all that dancing:mjlol:
The "mutants" looked exactly like Clickers from the Last of us:skip:
I wish they had stayed with the darker story :ld:
I kept thinking of Joel and Ellie when I saw them.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am a proponent of letting the director put his or her vision on the screen without studio interference. I mean you hired these people and paid them a ton of cash because you liked how they made movies so just take a hands off approach and let the chips fall where they may.

i agree with you...if they hired these people to produce something, they should trust and believe in the product they produce, and whatever happens, happens....but at the end of the day, the big wigs only care about maximizing the bottom line, even if it means fukking with that product....

with that said: while this movie isnt perfect nor earth/life changing (when did that become the standard on how a movie is judged?), it is good, fun entertainment, despite the big wigs meddling with the product....

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I don't know if its already been addressed or not but about that cameo...
How did Flash have his suit already if Bruce didn't meet Barry yet? :dahell:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
i agree with you...if they hired these people to produce something, they should trust and believe in the product they produce, and whatever happens, happens....but at the end of the day, the big wigs only care about maximizing the bottom line, even if it means fukking with that product....

with that said: while this movie isnt perfect nor earth/life changing (when did that become the standard on how a movie is judged?), it is good, fun entertainment, despite the big wigs meddling with the product....

I don't think people are saying that. But I think after the success of GOTG which I literally had ZERO expectations going in on, the fact that the trailers make the Joker look like the big bad. And the fact we are getting our first on screen portrayal of Harley Quinn. people have every right to be disappointed.

I mean look at the cast for fukk sakes. Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, Jared Leto. These aren't B team motherfukkers. This ain't Chris Pratt and Batista. these are actors with gravitas.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When did I complain? I haven't :comeon:

taking the reviews as gospel and asking wb/dc to switch it up is complaining....you havent seen the movie, so why ask they switch it up?.....if you see the movie and like it, are you gonna say they need to switch it up to get critics to like it? probably not....if you see it and agree with the critcs, you probably will....what i'm saying is you should hold judgement until you see it yourself...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
ceba46ed7c7cd79ac9d8670ea86cb41b6644604b95aac7927cde7e2655f97c19.jpg

Ok I just came back from seeing it and the results are in.....

I'm giving it on a scale of 1-10 an 8

Ok lets look at the pros. (SPOILERS...)
Will smith awesome deadshot, gives life to a B list DC character... Lots of jokes, heroic moments, hitman who kills people but in this day and age The govt sanctions murder too might as well get millions for it. :russ:
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Loveable, Crazy, Sexy, Fiesty her accent was on point, She was harley quinn for me, she just needed a bit more booty. :shaq:
Viola Davis as Waller Wow, Boss bytch from hell.... Cold blooded and a perfect representation from the comics very good performance.
Jared Leto as Joker I was just in stunned silence wondering what he was gonna do or the things he would do, but it's a PG13 movie so I guess they didnt have time.
Killer Croc was hilarious and needed more dialogue.
Cap Boomerang was hilarious needed more dialogue
El Diablo was ok although he was a sacrificial lamb that didnt want to fight he came to terms with it on his own.
Katana was ok....
Slipknot was :mjlol: what a waste of a character.
Enchantress wasnt that bad her motivations was simple and the effects around her was amazing... Kudos to the special effects people they spared no expense making her into a terrifying monster the shimmering eye effect was crazy...:whoo:
I loved the colorful intro's to each of their characters

The movie was good

Cons:

Story could have been better, more fleshed out I loved the characters I wanted to see more backstory on Kroc and Kitana :why:
Joker could have had way more screen time and more dialogue with harley to show their abusive crazy relationship.
Common's Cameo was a waste :mjlol:
The music, some parts was ok, some was NOT needed at all!!! :what:

I wished they had more information on enchantress and her brother and the machine they was building, they needed a bit more backstory on where they came from, the motivations, the powers,
Film lighting too dark to enjoy the close quarters combat... :snoop:

I would have loved to have seen SLADE WILSON & his army be in this movie, that is an extreme disappointment... :snoop::why::pacspit:

THIS NEEDED TO BE RATED R!!!!!!!! IT'S CALLED THE SUICIDE SQUAD, NOT THE BAD NEWS BEARS!!!! a team of fukking rag tag super villans who occasionally blow shyt up and save the world doing the most dangerous missions on the planet... the shyt writes itself people... :why:

Last edited: