Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm tired of the "lovable loser" vibe around these WB/DC movies.

People giving them that Special Olympics treatment.....Ol "They don't deserve a 20% RT score:to:" / "LEAVE DC ALONE!!:sadbron:" azz shyt.

They are gonna run with this loveable loser shyt.
That they hide so well behind the fact they are why they are losing.

Art Barr

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By A-list I'm talking notoriety, age, and frequency within Batman canon. Firefly, Mad Hatter, and Croc are definitely among Batman's more known and most used rogues, not Joker or Two Face or Bane level, but their names ring and they're classic Batman villains nevertheless

And I mean Croc is like Drax in the sense that they're both psychopathic outcast murderers that their respective movies had to try to humanize.... I know Drax is whooping ass in the comics but in the GOTG movie he was initially a pure brute just like Croc usually is

but he's none of what you said....croc isnt in batman canon like that....he's a filler type villain...yea, his name is known cause of the animated show and the video games, but even in those, he's still used as a filler type villain....just like mad hatter, firefly, etc....for the most part, croc knows he's a villain & has done fukked up shyt, but he just wants to be left alone...and the movie shows that well....

ok, i see what you mean now with the drax comparison....

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
they must of spent millions on all the songs that were in the movie. Also, they had to get rid of a squad member early on to show Waller wasn't bullshytting. I saw this in regular theater, gonna go one more time in imax.

Yeah, probably shouldn't have played a track that's already on GOTG Vol. 1 though.:manny:

Last edited:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
....literally everybody all weekend.
@NobodyReally @lutha

this was mediocre. the pacing was off and it was very choppy. margot and will were fine, viola as well. cara sucked. Jay Hernandez was good, underrated, homie is a good actor.

Bad script. Leto was fine, not Heath but good enough to continue to the Batfleck flims.

6.5/10. There should not be a second, not until the first Batman film comes out at least.

Last edited:

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
Ayo,. ....
Double tasted even picked up on the one part in act three I peeped but I was hoping someone else missed but I knew if someone else saw this shyt to key in on it,....
This movie was going to get slagged but it seems I am not alone i. The one part i said to go to sumfin else.
Man, when enchantress is getting her villain on in the background.man, that just ruined all the naturally good swat tactical stuff will brought to this movie in the subtle action background shots.

If you saw this part of the movie and just like Cory a real harsh crotoc would check out.
All in all, this movie goes bad because dc never has the balls to just straight port the cartoon to the silver screen.
This movie outside of viola, Margo, will and captain boomerang and croc should have been ported from the cartoon, period.
The removal of the sexual tension between joker/harley/deadshot and dead shot being the true alpha and then it not turning into a batman versus joker cliche film where were it failed.

DC JUST PORT THE fukk CARTOON TO THE DAMN SILVER SCREEN.

Also, make the flash on tv your connection to the fukk'n movies cause it is the only shyt y'all ever got completely right.
Don't Continue to fukk up superman and small Ville by not casting rye guy from small Ville as flash. The need to hurry up and scrap ezra miller as the flash and port in the guy from the tv show so they don't fukk up jla.

Dc and warner are some spreadsheet fukkup's.
Plus, the fact in the end they had an xmen ending.
Where croc is wolvie in the sewer to a fastball special ending and real talk that was smart but it was stoopid because the cartoon eliminated croc. While dc bought into Viacom nickelodeon kids mother's group ruin everything marketing.
Where mother's group took away real shyt kids like and replaced it with kids only like monsters and slime 90's shyt and should have offed croc like in the cartoon.

Will was already there I did not need another urban cool character and I seen the cartoon and was expecting him to die.
A flat screen won't pay off you fukk'n up an entire adaptation from one of the best dc animated movies ever.

Just a total failure of dc's spreadsheet know it all we wanna change some shyt they actually did right because Warner always been some hoes and missed out on the chronic, cop killer ice t and tupac of all things. Just because they are to puaay to tell some fukk'n politician to go fukk themselves we gettin money.

More Warner p*ssyness and at least no profit gained on a movie that should have been an adaptation that they did not market well and then when it did well,...here they come to fukk it up.

Harvey = incredible
Will = in another good movie that they say black people don't do well as far as space and comics and he was excellent

Viola/amanda waller : The best and smartest cast and she delivered to the point she just becomes Amanda waller ported from the cartoon but 1000 times better.
She even sorta punks affleck's wack ass Bruce wayne as well.

Leto : Good as joker fukk what was said. He played a newer style joker and what is presented is really really good as it intertwines with why Harley loves mr j.
That was excellently done and showed what Harley is that was put in question and had tension from the cartoon. Which I can admit from the cartoon writng out the sexual tension triangle bytch as will would say was actually done well when you are watching the film from a noob don't know what this shyt is noob perspective.

Affleck sucks as batman,.....but was a welcome addition cause he did not act to Hollywood and actually suited up as batman for this.
When, I expected dc to super girl batman in this.

Oh and common is his weird street tattooted gangsta from street kings meets his soft weirdo hit man with a heart act in this.
It would work if they just had him come in with a black trench coat and goatee. Putting piercings and new age hip on common will NEVER EVER WORK. COMMON just works as visually common on screen trying to make him into some other shyt was stoopid.. Yet since com was supposed to be the black green lantern. I guess he agreed to this to stay in wb's good graces.
When, that even goes against what common used to kinda stand for before winning an oscar or being around ye.

Visually, origin story and comedy wise this is a fun film.
It just loses because they should have just ported the fukk'n cartoon and they over thought themselves like dc always does.
since being dominated by vertigo as its only draw.
in their dc fukks everything up but vertigo phase.

Plus Warner dc are some fukk'n pussies and nuffin has changed about dc/warner since then.
Them dropping interscope really fukked dc/warner up.
as far as knowing how to judge what decisions to make in the post prison industrial marketing era of 2005.
till now after the prison industrial complex was down shifted in 2005.

Art Barr

Art u cool but aint no real nikka readin all dat my gee

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
@NobodyReally @lutha

this was mediocre. the pacing was off and it was very choppy. margot and will were fine, viola as well. cara sucked. Jay Hernandez was good, underrated, homie is good actor.

Bad script. Leto was fine, not Heath but good enough to continue to the Batfleck flims.

6.5/10. There's should be a second, not until the first Batman film comes out at least.
Did you like Margot's Harley Accent?:leostare:

I didn't like Leto that much.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you like Margot's Harley Accent?:leostare:

I didn't like Leto that much.
She could have done better. She slipped into the NY accent from Wolf of Wall Street.

Leto was okay, not as good as Ledger, but then the Hamill joker from BTAS and Jack Nicholson is the only one as good as that. Good enough to be in the next batman movie, imo.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
She could have done better. She slipped into the NY accent from Wolf of Wall Street.

Leto was okay, not as good as Ledger, but then the Hamill joker from BTAS and Jack Nicholson is the only one as good as that. Good enough to be in the next batman movie, imo.

I thought I heard her slipping In and Out of her Accent. Yeah, probably too early to ask but I needed to see more of this Joker. I just didn't like the little bit that I did. He didn't seem like he was so much Out Of His Mind or even all that Smart, he seemed more materialistic of all.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just saw it. For me - it's a 6.5/7 out of 10. Enjoyed it more than B v S, but you can tell that the studio put their mark all over it.

I agree with the cats who said that Will, Margot and Viola carried it. Joel Kinnaman was :ld:as was Jai Courtney.

That moment where they recreated the Alex Ross picture of Harley and the Joker in the tux and Harlequin suit had me :banderas:though.

Jared was cool as a modern Joker. Not the iconic timeless force of nature lunatic that Heath was, but - whatever. I think they probably did that man a disservice by leaving so much of him on the cutting room floor. I know the sequences they cut out just from seeing the fan footage. They probably didn't want to have to answer questions about Joker giving Harley the hands.

The action was cool:manny:I didn't really fukk with Enchantress like that as the main villain.

The music was :huhldup:. Like who sees footage and thinks - "You know what would make this scene perfect? Come Baby Come by K7:ohhh:" Good for those brothers getting a check but :dahell:Guardians threw a lot of pop music in the mix, but they at least gave it context.

Would have loved to see them do the stadium story from the recent incarnation, and have Waller narrating/ guiding their mission like the DJ in 'The Warriors', or something. Maybe even throw Slade Wilson in as a Basilisk merc instead of Mad Dog the bounty hunter, and have him become Deathstroke at the end of the movie.

But, yeah - it was aight.

I feel for Ayer having to bang out a script in 6 weeks and then having it butchered.

Last edited:

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
This thread is fukk'n 160 pages or some shyt.
fukk outta here talembout what nikkaz not gon read.

Art Barr

What does that have 2 do with your long ass movie reviews for dummies book u wrote ??? Aint no one readin dat shyt my gee !!!!! i read every other post but yours lmao long ass shyt u either liked da movie or not u be postin like yo opinion da only one dat matters hollywood not listenin 2 u lmao