Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But it's my complaint, my impression. Maybe my standard for what's bad is high, but these people never really came across as bad, and it didn't feel like the movie was ever going to let them be truly bad. As to your point about Deadshot's introduction
the guy he was hired to kill was obviously under police custody and in some sort of crime family or a crooked exec type. He was hardly innocent. That scene did not make me feel like Deadshot was a horrible person who indiscriminately killed. And the emphasis that he never killed women or children only made that more unlikely. Also El Diablo/Chato was shown to have killed his wife and kids, but he was so very, very sorry about it and did it by accident, and spent most of the movie trying not use his powers because of his regret for killing people with it.Harley wasn't even depicted as bad, just a lovesick fool, who had fallen victim to a seductive psychopath who used electricity and a vat of acid to further fukk up her head. You could barely hold her responsible for her craziness. They explain that Killer Croc was treated horribly because of the way he looked and became the monster they saw him as, but he didn't do anything but grunt and give endearing mumbled quips. It was just....fukking cute.

Yeah, I thought amanda waller was the most cut-throat out of everyone .*not nesssarily a bad thing*:pachaha:
They really went out with El Diablo and Deadshot being multi-layered/conflicted

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
7 out of 10
Serves it purpose
Was entertained throughout although 2nd half let it down
Did anybody else find the way it was edited awful on the dialogue. There were a few times I noticed the transitioning to another scene jarring when a joke was landed like they wasn't confident in the dialogue and wanted to brush over it :mjlol:

Oh and killer croc might as well of been cut out

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Aight so Ayer's taking credit for how the movie's cut so as much as I don't believe him I'm going to have to go ahead and blame him cause there's no evidence to the contrary.

So thanks, Ayer. You fukked up :beli:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
These reviews be having me :lupe:

I never listen to critics, but what they said about BVS was true. So since its DC/WB I'm like :lupe:

My gut says I'll like it, but my mind is :patrice:

Don't let me down again, DC :francis:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I saw the movie last night..to me it was a great movie:yeshrug: ..margot did a great job as harley:ehh:. Moral of story don't take the critics word so seriously go and watch it yourself:comeon:. While people hated man of Steel I liked it:yeshrug:
BVS was dope:yeshrug:
The dark Knight rises was the best in the trilogy:yeshrug:
Spiderman 3 was nearly perfect:whoa:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But it's my complaint, my impression. Maybe my standard for what's bad is high, but these people never really came across as bad, and it didn't feel like the movie was ever going to let them be truly bad. As to your point about Deadshot's introduction
the guy he was hired to kill was obviously under police custody and in some sort of crime family or a crooked exec type. He was hardly innocent. That scene did not make me feel like Deadshot was a horrible person who indiscriminately killed. And the emphasis that he never killed women or children only made that more unlikely. Also El Diablo/Chato was shown to have killed his wife and kids, but he was so very, very sorry about it and did it by accident, and spent most of the movie trying not use his powers because of his regret for killing people with it.Harley wasn't even depicted as bad, just a lovesick fool, who had fallen victim to a seductive psychopath who used electricity and a vat of acid to further fukk up her head. You could barely hold her responsible for her craziness. They explain that Killer Croc was treated horribly because of the way he looked and became the monster they saw him as, but he didn't do anything but grunt and give endearing mumbled quips. It was just....fukking cute.

how you feel is how you feel, and that's cool, i'm not trying to change that...i was just pointing out that the movie clearly shows them as bad guys, which you say it doesnt....will say: one thing that may blur that line and have people seeing it how you do is the fact that even though they are bad guys, they are grouped together to stop a larger threat....because of that, people are going to see them as 'heroes' (good vs bad), even though all their actions/motivations/dialogue says they arent heroes....

as for your spoilers:

doesnt matter if the guy was a snitch or not, deadshot's intro is of him murdering the guy for money, that's shyt a villain does....as for him not killing women/children: that's true to his character, and it doesnt take away from all the people he has murdered for money....would you say scarface from the movie 'scarface' wasnt a bad guy cause he had the same code? exactly....as for el diablo: you are correct, he is the only one that truly doesnt want to be a bad guy anymore...him killing his fam was his breaking point....that's why he didnt fight/use his powers until he was pushed/forced to...as for harley: the movie is true to the character....cause while yes, the joker does fukk with her mind to make her completely psycho, the bytch was always crazy, the joker was just always her excuse to let it out openly...and yes, she was shown as bad the whole movie...she helped joker escape from arkham, and was killing/fukking people up the whole movie...exs: did you not hear the guard say 'you put 5 of my men in the hospital the other day' nor did you not see her kill the guard with a shank when they came to get her for the squad?...as for croc: while the movie was true to the character, i'll give you that...he fukked people up and acted like a monster towards enchantress's army, but they never went all the way there with him...i'm talking about him 'threatening to eat people' there...

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Waller in this movie is technically the TRUE villain.... no fuccks given.
I don't know how to do the spoiler thing but what she did to her people when the squad were evacuating her had the whole theater like :lupe:.

I hope she makes appearances in further DCEU films like she did in the Justice League cartoons and how Nick Fury makes appearances in the MCU films.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I thought amanda waller was the most cut-throat out of everyone .*not nesssarily a bad thing*:pachaha:
They really went out with El Diablo and Deadshot being multi-layered/conflicted

About Deadshot....

How he have conflictions of being a killer, just want to be back with his daughter, but once the Enchantress put that spell about his biggest desire it was to kill Batman???

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:Wit Nolan and his Batman trilogy....did DC executives just have more faith in dood to get da job done or what?

I don't rememba hearin a lot of shyt bout him/dat production havin to deal wit da levels of executive interference, editing ineptitude, and all dese otha plethora of issues dese recent DC films are plagued wit now.

What exactly is da prollem all of a sudden? Dere seems to be a real developin pattern of confusion goin on ova dere. :patrice:
There was no MCU to compete with.

Plus he's fukking Nolan

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
About Deadshot....

How he have conflictions of being a killer, just want to be back with his daughter, but once the Enchantress put that spell about his biggest desire it was to kill Batman???
Yeah that had me like :patrice:. I understand he hates him but that's your biggest desire?:comeon: