Queens,NY
More footage of the Joker than in the entire movie

tumblr_m5mdu8MkCu1qjkugeo1_500.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
My main problem is that if they didn't tell you anything, and you didn't know anything about comics, you would NEVER know they were villains. They weren't evil enough. The producers/Ayer really should have watched Assault on Arkham.

This! WB execs were scared to go too dark. The only thing that reminded us they were villains were Deadshot, Harley, and Amanda repeating the phrase "We're the bad guys" or "They're bad people". I think that phase was said almost a dozen time. At one point Will Smith even pauses and announces "Remember, we're the bad guys". LOL. But I guess they had to do that because the story refused to let these people be truly bad. Probably because it's hard to market action figures and toys of characters that really test our moral code. That would have been really fun to see though.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More footage of the Joker than in the entire movie

another complaint i dont understand: the joker isnt a SS villain, so why would he be in the movie a lot?....his only connection to them is harley, and even that is minimal cause they use SS to help harley shine on her own......

seems some of yall just wanted a batman/joker movie featuring the SS, ala assault on arkham....well, this movie was about the SS and focuses on the SS, which is a good thing...cause DC needs to introduce and let others shine besides batman....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This hasn't nothing to do with Marvel way(there no such thing), both DC and Marvel has light and dark properties, you can make every DC character a emo dark person(Flash, Green Lantern, and Superman are not dark people). That's if you might by Marvel way is light tone, if not than my apologize

I said build up in which any movie from any genre can do

Putting JL movie first and have each character have semi origin in the film take to much space that could easily be down if DC did the each individual movie first and than come together in JL film. That could been better if was light or dark tone

Even SS(which I liked) suffer this having almost everybody origin in one movie, slows down the pace of the movie
That is nonsense and has everything to do with expecting every comic book movie to follow the Marvel diagram.
Did you have the same issue with Guardians of the Galaxy taking the time to intro all of the members of the team? How about the X-Men movies? Aside from giving Katana the short shrift the quick bios of the characters and little flashbacks were well done and didn't do anything to slow down the pace of the movie.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This! WB execs were scared to go too dark. The only thing that reminded us they were villains were Deadshot, Harley, and Amanda repeating the phrase "We're the bad guys" or "They're bad people". I think that phase was said almost a dozen time. At one point Will Smith even pauses and announces "Remember, we're the bad guys". LOL. But I guess they had to do that because the story refused to let these people be truly bad. Probably because it's hard to market action figures and toys of characters that really test our moral code. That would have been really fun to see though.

another complaint that isnt true: the movie clearly shows plenty of times they are bad guys, both verbally and non verbally....exs: the introduce for most of the characters is him/her killing someone; showing a list of his/her crime past; the characters still committing crimes while on the rescue mission; only doing the rescue mission to help themselves....

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another complaint i dont understand: the joker isnt a SS villain, so why would he be in the movie a lot?....his only connection to them is harley, and even that is minimal cause they use SS to help harley shine on her own......

seems some of yall just wanted a batman/joker movie featuring the SS, ala assault on arkham....well, this movie was about the SS and focuses on the SS, which is a good thing...cause DC needs to introduce and let others shine besides batman....

I been trying to say this the whole time in this thread. But I do agree that they shouldn't cut SO MANY scenes of him from this movie. I feel that WB execs didn't want that feminist/political correctness backlash.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I been trying to say this the whole time in this thread. But I do agree that they shouldn't cut SO MANY scenes of him from this movie. I feel that WB execs didn't want that feminist/political correctness backlash.

Wild part is they're still getting it though. So they cut the Joker stuff for nothing. Then again they probably felt it was better than getting even more criticism.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so is it true the
Bats punching Harley

was cut? That was one of the best scene

no, it's in the movie and fits the scene it happens in...

the same as the other scene where something similar happens

when slipknot punches the female guard and says 'she had a mouth on her'...some have made it seem that he meant just cause she physically had a mouth, but that's not the case...he meant it as she was talking shyt, which she was before he punched her

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"You're lying! The movie is terrible even though I haven't seen it! Nobody is allowed to enjoy it the movie is a disaster!" - marvel stan

You're going to ignore the shyt reviews brehs are posting in the thread?:jbhmm:

Croc asking for BET in his cell is one of the most c00ntastic moments in a blockbuster I remember. And then to see black women twerking when he finally does is Just :snoop:

:martin:

I'm gonna also say this....

I really dont wanna hear not more "bu bu but WB did too much, this wasnt David Ayers movie, blah blah blah"

Unless some of yall can provide some scripts, footage, or ideas of his that were cut, edited, or better.

Cuz as far as we know, this nicca couldve had maybe a "musical" scene ala Spidy3 with Toby dancing but Will is singing and WB was like :scust: and cut it

I'm seeing too many cats already hiding or throwing that card out and my thing is.... one way or another we really dont know so dont play it

This movie for now needs to be taken and judged for what it is, as far as I know.... no one in here has seen a special screening that was pre cut

200vj2b.jpg

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
no, it's in the movie and fits the scene it happens in...

the same as the other scene where something similar happens

when slipknot punches the female guard and says 'she had a mouth on her'...some have made it seem that he meant just cause she physically had a mouth, but that's not the case...he meant it as she was talking shyt, which she was before he punched her

cool. I loved those scenes. Curious to see the changes this weekend.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i dont think it has anything to do with that cause there is plenty of shyt still in this movie for that group to complain about....i think they cut a lot of his shyt cause they didnt want this to be a joker featuring the ss movie...they had to introduce the SS characters and let them get some spotlight, which this movie does....no need to let the joker take the spotlight away from them by making him more of the focus...they can do that in future movies...not in the SS intro movie, which this movie is....