Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
another complaint that isnt true: the movie clearly shows plenty of times they are bad guys, both verbally and non verbally....exs: the introduce for most of the characters is him/her killing someone; showing a list of his/her crime past; the characters still committing crimes while on the rescue mission; only doing the rescue mission to help themselves....

But it's my complaint, my impression. Maybe my standard for what's bad is high, but these people never really came across as bad, and it didn't feel like the movie was ever going to let them be truly bad. As to your point about Deadshot's introduction
the guy he was hired to kill was obviously under police custody and in some sort of crime family or a crooked exec type. He was hardly innocent. That scene did not make me feel like Deadshot was a horrible person who indiscriminately killed. And the emphasis that he never killed women or children only made that more unlikely. Also El Diablo/Chato was shown to have killed his wife and kids, but he was so very, very sorry about it and did it by accident, and spent most of the movie trying not use his powers because of his regret for killing people with it.Harley wasn't even depicted as bad, just a lovesick fool, who had fallen victim to a seductive psychopath who used electricity and a vat of acid to further fukk up her head. You could barely hold her responsible for her craziness. They explain that Killer Croc was treated horribly because of the way he looked and became the monster they saw him as, but he didn't do anything but grunt and give endearing mumbled quips. It was just....fukking cute.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
another complaint that isnt true: the movie clearly shows plenty of times they are bad guys, both verbally and non verbally....exs: the introduce for most of the characters is him/her killing someone; showing a list of his/her crime past; the characters still committing crimes while on the rescue mission; only doing the rescue mission to help themselves....
No, the movie makes them look like anti-heroes, NOT villains. There is a fine line. Harley taking a purse while Midway City is ash is not villainous.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Going to see it at 6 today. Excited, but if DC fukks this up I'm going to be pissed.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

This tweet is the very much reality.
Dc, did the fans a solid and a service by fixing their fukkups from the Adam west to the nineties as far as the tone, feel and Content of dc other than the batman movie and following animated series.

If you wanted to see dc make something good for a change and try to dispel the notion of being campy fukkup's.
They have shown with these movies they are listening.

The portrayal of Amanda waller and scene stealing of the entire suicide squad acting wise are excellent and finally some dc shyt ties together and makes sense for the gateway consumer.
Only bad thing they fukk up on is not creating continuity on their tv shows to the love action movies.
When they should have done it for the flash at the very least.
All because dc plots are to heavy for just one movie because their comics are typically overwritten.
Plus lose their charm from being vertigo style overwritten.

Art Barr

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wild part is they're still getting it though. So they cut the Joker stuff for nothing. Then again they probably felt it was better than getting even more criticism.

Which is really part of my issue... not so much as to how much they cut, but the reason why. They got Joker out there almost the most NOBLE of all the characters in the movie with the exception of El Diablo. Damn near all HEROIC. Had they added those scenes... it would of shown how sick in the head he really was.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
That is nonsense and has everything to do with expecting every comic book movie to follow the Marvel diagram.
Did you have the same issue with Guardians of the Galaxy taking the time to intro all of the members of the team? How about the X-Men movies? Aside from giving Katana the short shrift the quick bios of the characters and little flashbacks were well done and didn't do anything to slow down the pace of the movie.
No because X-Men, GOTG and other superhero teams debut as a team book

Avengers, JL, SS all are in different properties with they're large franchise so comparing them to the ones you mention doesn't make any sense

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
couple thoughts after reading some of the thread:

- some of yall trying too hard to discredit this movie...i say that cause some of yall are naming more things you liked than disliked about the movie, but when you get to the end of your review, still only saying shyt like 'it's aight', 'it's not that bad', 'not the greatest movie', etc., and giving it a low score lol....or some of yall saying yall didnt like the movie, but when asked why not, answers are like 'just cause i didnt', 'it's not the best/a great movie', 'it's not what i expected'....

- to go off the last point: some of yall only know of the SS cause of assault on arkham and wanted that movie, or some variation of a batman/joker featuring the ss type movie....and since this isnt that movie, yall are saying it's a bad movie...

- even though people say they saw the movie, i'm starting to think they didnt pay attention to the movie...i say that cause some of the shyt people complaining about is clearly explained in the movie....

...and no, i'm not saying people have to enjoy the movie, to each his/her own, i'm just commenting on some of the shyt i've read/seen.....

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Amanda waller is like a real life come to life person in this movie and is what a movie adaptation is supposed to be.
Harley Quinn = Margot Robbie
if I was top drawing actor.
Her scene stealing ass would have to be in the movie or I just pick another movie. All cause Margot ain't playing and just went hog wild as Harley quin in this movie. She was literally Harley Quinn.
Both became their characters on film and I literally forgot Amanda waller was the how to get away with murder lady and she played a similar type of character.

Amanda waller is how I imagine if Oprah was a trained government cia official came to life. Completely not one fukk given about anybody and the best character not Harley Quinn in the movie.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No because X-Men, GOTG and other superhero teams debut as a team book

Avengers, JL, SS all are in different properties with they're large franchise so comparing them to the ones you mention doesn't make any sense
None of the characters in Guardians of the Galaxy the movie debuted in a Guardians of the Galaxy comic book. None of them.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lNxW6.gif

Honestly i'm kinda bias right now..Jason Momoa is hot af lol

Is that Britney Spears? Damn she fell off. :huhldup:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Amanda waller is like a real life come to life person in this movie and is what a movie adaptation is supposed to be.
Harley Quinn = Margot Robbie if I was top drawing actor.
Her scene stealing ass would have to be in the movie or I just pick another movie. All cause Margot ain't playing and just went hog wild as Harley quin in this movie. She was literally Harley Quinn.
Both became their characters on film and I literally forgot Amanda waller was the how to get away with murder lady and she played a similar type of character.

Amanda waller is how I imagine if Oprah was a trained government cia official came to life. Completely not one fukk given about anybody and the best character not Harley Quinn in the movie.

Art Barr
I saw a clip of the movie where they show Enchantress changing and everybody in the room is like :dahell: :whoa: and Waller doesn't even blink.

She's as cold blooded as they come.