Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
I guess now that I think about it.... the only thing I HATED about the movie was some of the music choices.... just didnt feel right for this movie... sometimes i cringed

yea especially the part when they played eminems without me. That was absolutely horrible smfh i mean maybe if they just played the beat but they let the whole damn song play i definitley cringed

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IDk a Wonder Woman movie seems so...boring to me. I'd almost rather see a origin story for our current Aqua Man and MAYBE Cyborg?
:dahell:

Wonder woman's story is probably the dopest of the justice league. A mythical warrior amazon princess that has been taught that all men are evil but still fights to protect them:whew:

Plus WW is pretty hardcore as compare to a football player turned cyborg lol

Aquaman is dope tho, I've always been a fan of him.

There are only like 3 DC character's I really like and AM and WW are two of them.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
In...couple of weirdos in this theater dressed up on some cosplay shyt..but whatever..got my Nathan hot dogs and ready for the third movie in the DCEU to thrill me :dame:

There was a black woman dressed up like Harley at my theatre, she looked cute, but then the projector died and they had to give us passes to come back later. I felt bad that she'd gotten all dolled up and then had to go home and do it again later. Speaking of which, the projector at my theatre forced them to cancel 5 shows. I should have known that was the universe trying to warn us, but nooooo, I just had come back and see it anyway.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
There was a black woman dressed up like Harley at my theatre, she looked cute, but then the projector died and they had to give us passes to come back later. I felt bad that she'd gotten all dolled up and then had to go home and do it again later. Speaking of which, the projector at my theatre forced them to cancel 5 shows. I should have known that was the universe trying to warn us, but nooooo, I just had come back and see it anyway.
Projector took the L in hopes you didn't have too.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I liked the way the characters were introduced because, as a comic book fan, Waller would do a bio of the Squad members at the start of every new arc for whoever she was talking to in a given scene. So that felt right to me as a fan of the Suicide Squad comics.

This, pretty good movie kept me entertained and glued to the screen. It was very nice to see Will back in an action role again. Not gonna lie the sound in our theater sucked, it will be a day 1 Blu-ray cop for me. Leto was off the chain with his Joker portrayal. Karen/Katana was looking right, she had me, swinging them blades of death.... :noah:

karen-fukuhara-suicide-squard-warner-bros-imdb-020116.jpg

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I swear that argument is so overused and is the definition of confirmation bias. "Because they are not doing things the Marvel Way these movies are bad" is how too many people go into these DC movies instead of just not thinking about Marvel's flicks at all and judging these films on their own merits.
This hasn't nothing to do with Marvel way(there no such thing), both DC and Marvel has light and dark properties, you can make every DC character a emo dark person(Flash, Green Lantern, and Superman are not dark people). That's if you might by Marvel way is light tone, if not than my apologize

I said build up in which any movie from any genre can do

Putting JL movie first and have each character have semi origin in the film take to much space that could easily be down if DC did the each individual movie first and than come together in JL film. That could been better if was light or dark tone

Even SS(which I liked) suffer this having almost everybody origin in one movie, slows down the pace of the movie

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
This, pretty good movie kept me entertained and glued to the screen. It was very nice to see Will back in an action role again. Not gonna lie the sound in our theater sucked, it will be a day 1 Blu-ray cop for me. Leto was off the chain with his Joker portrayal. Karen/Katana was looking right, she had me, swinging them blades of death.... :noah:

karen-fukuhara-suicide-squard-warner-bros-imdb-020116.jpg
without spoiling anything, can you tell me why she's on the team? everything else i've seen Katana in she was a good guy.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
My main problem is that if they didn't tell you anything, and you didn't know anything about comics, you would NEVER know they were villains. They weren't evil enough. The producers/Ayer really should have watched Assault on Arkham.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
My main problem is that if they didn't tell you anything, and you didn't know anything about comics, you would NEVER know they were villains. They weren't evil enough. The producers/Ayer really should have watched Assault on Arkham.

My wife was like "damn Deadshot/Fresh Prince just trying to do right by his girl :mjcry:"

I had to :mjlol:at that.

They should've done more with the SS murking Flaggs soldiers on the low and blaming it on the monsters or sth. Especially because Deadshot was plotting but then completely dropped it. I understand why they couldnt go at Flagg but they had so many opportunities to do more against the rest of those soldiers.

Funniest part was Boomerang straight bolting once Flagg set them free......

.....but then he came back the very next scene :stopitslime:

That would've been an ill ass exit if he just dissappeared :russ:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This is one of those movies that is enjoyable but just too hacked up to not notice. Will and Margot and really all of them have enough charismatic presence to make it a movie u can't hate.

Such a basic plot and enemies that u don't really care to take the movie serious as opposed to just enjoying the fukkery.

If this movie took it's time a bit more, it maybe would've naturally came together and maybe that's how it originally played out. But to me, it seemed as if the studio was afraid the film would be too slow paced and or dark so they cut it all up, pasted it together and added a bunch of music every other scene so that the audience doesn't lose interest.

We were all anticipated this movie and it doesn't deliver the movie it advertised but does deliver enough to warrant a sequel. I'm in still for suicide squad :manny:

Seems like a number of peeps here liked it. It is what it is.