Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
"According to sources close to the production of the film, David Ayer was under unbelievable stress to deliver a final cut ahead of schedule in order to make the August 5, 2016 release date. The stress of Warner Bros. executives breathing down his neck, a never-ending cycle of different editors, and conflicting ideas on the tone of the film were among the stress inducers especially after the lukewarm response of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice by critics and audiences with both groups citing the dark and gritty tone to be too much for that film. This lead to Warner Bros. executives demanding reshoots for certain scenes in order to interject humor and a light-hearted nature to contradict the gritty and violent tone of David Ayer's original cut of the film."

DC stay fukking up their own movies... they don't know what the fukk they are doing honestly

shyt on marvel all you want but they knew they wanted campy fun shyt and went all in on it for 15 damn movies straight

DC on movie 3 and can't figure out what mixture of dark and comedy they want... then won't even let directors do their work without interference...

they should have been said, fukk the critics, these are our comics, and we'll do it how the fukk we want
Watch they are going to do reshoots of Wonder Woman and JL to make it darker now.

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
This movie was ok, but it did feel rushed due to editing. One key character just shows up, gets a like a 1 minute introduction and is a major part of the movie after that. Another character dies before he does anything at all. However, even though it was rushed it was a decent superhero movie.

Margot Robbie is gorgeous and can actually act (a rare combination with actresses)..... Will Smith did a great job and viola davis also did an excellent job as well. The other members of the team all have their moments and yeah I hope this movie can be made into a sequel for more Margot Robbie stretching in tight clothes.

Also I liked the Joker......Outside of the Tattoos he felt a lot like the DCAU Joker who is a criminal just as much as he is a psycho killer.

Stay after the initial credits for a scene that leads into future JLA movies,

Its a bit of a leap but this movie reminded me of Ben Stiller's "Mystery Men" in that its a movie about dysfuntional Superheroes stepping up to save the day against a threat way out of their league.

I was just going to say he reminds me so much of the animated Joker. He has a mark Hamil vibe about him. Not entirely but I feel it in the way he moves and talks. I really like this joker. He just seems like he has no conscience. He love Harley but the dude straight up abandons her in that car. Love don't mean too much to him.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I was just going to say he reminds me so much of the animated Joker. He has a mark Hamil vibe about him. Not entirely but I feel it in the way he moves and talks. I really like this joker. He just seems like he has no conscience. He love Harley but the dude straight up abandons her in that car. Love don't mean too much to him.

That's the vibe I got from reading the reviews on here and Im glad to hear that.

That's the joker I know and while heath was a good take, he's not MY joker.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
this isn't Ayer's movie. The first 30 minutes are chopped to fukking hell with studio edits and bullshyt. And it's REALLY obviously a hack job by the studio too. I've never seen anything like it. So much was cut out and the music they added was terribly out of place lol

You serious fam? I mean gotdamn man.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
5171490575613952.png

4912701079289856.png

6510351067119616.png

:ehh: It's gonna be one of those cult classic fan driven movies....
at this moment in time i don't critics have any say so for DC movies going to see it tonight

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
So for the guys who saw it, is it better , equal or worse than:patrice:

Thor 2

IM 2

AntMan

Cap 1

IM 3

FYI I enjoy all of these:manny: