Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie was ok, but it did feel rushed due to editing. One key character just shows up, gets a like a 1 minute introduction and is a major part of the movie after that. Another character dies before he does anything at all. However, even though it was rushed it was a decent superhero movie.
That was actually taken directly from the Suicide Squad comics. Even the conversation that character had with the other character was lifted from the comics.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
did u like either of the thor movies?
I liked the first Thor but thought the second one was mediocre. Honestly the fact that Suicide Squad is getting shyt on so heavily by critics when they were pretty positive about both Thor films makes me scratch my head because I would say this movie is equal to the first Thor and miles better than Thor 2 but you'd think this was the fukking second coming of The Room with the way it is being savaged by critics (and people who haven't seen it but will just take the critics opinion sight unseen).

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Itso funny how damnice near everyone who says they "liked" this movie follows up with an abrupt BUT :mjpls:
What is strange about that? I can't think of one movie that I have ever watched that doesn't have flaws and most of the dudes in here giving their reviews are mentioning the good and the bad.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This

Despite me liking SS, DC fukked up by rushing the DC movie universe

I remember yeas back when dc first announced they gonna rush it, dc fans defending the decisions by saying "People already know who DC heros are, no need for build up" or "We don't copy Marvel's way"

And as predicted the DC movie been garbage
I swear that argument is so overused and is the definition of confirmation bias. "Because they are not doing things the Marvel Way these movies are bad" is how too many people go into these DC movies instead of just not thinking about Marvel's flicks at all and judging these films on their own merits.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So for the guys who saw it, is it better , equal or worse than:patrice:

Thor 2

IM 2

AntMan

Cap 1

IM 3

FYI I enjoy all of these:manny:

Thor 2 - Better

IM 2 - Better

AntMan - About equal (maybe SS is slightly better) but I am still bitter that I didn't get the Edgar Wright version of this film

Cap 1 - Cap 1 is better ( I really liked Cap 1)

IM 3 - Better...IM 3 may be the worst of the Marvel movies

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm curious as to why jokers role was cut down so much.

Did they not like letos performance? Were his scenes too "dark"?

We probably will never know but even Leto himself said his role was chopped so.

The answer is political correctness IMO. All the scenes cut seem to appear showing the Joker domestically abusing Harley. And even though that's part of the comics, this PC society today would of went apeshyt.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
5171490575613952.png

4912701079289856.png

6510351067119616.png

:ehh: It's gonna be one of those cult classic fan driven movies....

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The issue with the DCEU so far has been terrible direction...

BVS wasn't a bad movie, Snyder hacked the life out of it on the cutting room floor...

Looks like we have a similar situation here with SS...Im not sure if this is all on David Ayers but he did allow the marketing of his film to focus on a character who has a total of 10 minutes of screen time with no attachment to the plot...

He should of asked the studio, am I making a suicide squad movie or a 2 hour intro for the joker? Because it sure as fukk sounds like they went with latter...Instead of focussing on establishing the squad members, they cared more about getting the joker right in a movie he's only in for 10 minutes...

I haven't seen the movie yet, so ill wait ro cast my verdict when i do this weekend but this is exactly what all the reviewers whether they like it or hated it have said...
"According to sources close to the production of the film, David Ayer was under unbelievable stress to deliver a final cut ahead of schedule in order to make the August 5, 2016 release date. The stress of Warner Bros. executives breathing down his neck, a never-ending cycle of different editors, and conflicting ideas on the tone of the film were among the stress inducers especially after the lukewarm response of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice by critics and audiences with both groups citing the dark and gritty tone to be too much for that film. This lead to Warner Bros. executives demanding reshoots for certain scenes in order to interject humor and a light-hearted nature to contradict the gritty and violent tone of David Ayer's original cut of the film."

DC stay fukking up their own movies... they don't know what the fukk they are doing honestly

shyt on marvel all you want but they knew they wanted campy fun shyt and went all in on it for 15 damn movies straight

DC on movie 3 and can't figure out what mixture of dark and comedy they want... then won't even let directors do their work without interference...

they should have been said, fukk the critics, these are our comics, and we'll do it how the fukk we want

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Thor 2 - Better

IM 2 - Better

AntMan - About equal (maybe SS is slightly better) but I am still bitter that I didn't get the Edgar Wright version of this film

Cap 1 - Cap 1 is better ( I really liked Cap 1)

IM 3 - Better...IM 3 may be the worst of the Marvel movies
:sas2:

:ehh: It's gonna be one of those cult classic fan driven movies....
looks like they are 3/3 on big budget cult classics :troll:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
:jbhmm:Wit Nolan and his Batman trilogy....did DC executives just have more faith in dood to get da job done or what?

I don't rememba hearin a lot of shyt bout him/dat production havin to deal wit da levels of executive interference, editing ineptitude, and all dese otha plethora of issues dese recent DC films are plagued wit now.

What exactly is da prollem all of a sudden? Dere seems to be a real developin pattern of confusion goin on ova dere. :patrice:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:jbhmm:Wit Nolan and his Batman trilogy....did DC executives just have more faith in dood to get da job done or what?

I don't rememba hearin a lot of shyt bout him/dat production havin to deal wit da levels of executive interference, editing ineptitude, and all dese otha plethora of issues dese recent DC films are plagued wit now.

What exactly is da prollem all of a sudden? Dere seems to be a real developin pattern of confusion goin on ova dere. :patrice:
Different people in charge at the time.