Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Hmmm..... I will say the best people in the movie are probably this order

Deadshot/Will, Viola's character, Harley, the white soldier guy........

Then I guess Joker.... cuz everyone else were just "meh"

But the thing is.... Will and Viola knocked it out the park, Harley was pretty good but just a tad bit on a lower level.

Joker left more to be desired, and after seeing this movie.... I really dont get why he went the "method acting" route for the character? Per all the backstage rumors, it makes you think something epic

I actually liked the fact that Jared went "deep" in character for the Joker. He's setting the tone for future movies that he'll be the Joker. It shows he's not half-assing it and putting all his cards on the table. I'm excited to see what comes next from him as he's a great actor whom has the capability to give us an even better version of the Joker. This movie was more like a warm up for him I believe.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Yeah it's funny. Even though the film is meh to me, it didn't destroy my desire to see a Suicide Squad 2. With Will and Viola's characters as anchors, and so much potential with Joker/Harley, it could be one of the situations where the sequel shyts all over the original. They just need to get a better script that lets the stars shine and a better villain/mission for the squad.

Yeah, the script was compromised right from the start which didn't give this movie a fair chance to be great from what I've read of the the reviews. I'm just hoping for Suicide Squad 2, WB doesn't mess up the script at all. Let Ayer and his team cook.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I have to disagree with people that are saying Margot Robbie nailed Harley.:ld:

I get that Harley is a damn hard character to get right in live action; between her accent, random quirks, and happily deranged demeanor, she can either steal every scene she is in or be annoying as fukk. And too many times, Margot as Harley just came off as really annoying....and I'm not sure if it's just too difficult to drag a cartoon character into the real world or if the writing, adlibing, and editing wasn't strong enough. Margot was def trying, and really seemed to have fun with the character, but it's just a really thin line between getting the character right and cosplaying them, and she just seemed to tip toe back and forth over the line.

I think I was:ehh:after her first few one liners but about halfway through, :francis:I dreaded any group conversation because I knew in about 10 seconds, she was going to say or do something annoying that was supposed to come off as "cute" but instead felt like the "insert stilted Harley quip" part of the script. Harley from the cartoon felt like a victim of stock-hold syndrome, like she had legitimately turned crazy after being around the Joker, but Harley in this felt like she was simply attention whoring because it was a disguise/persona to hide behind. There is a part in the movie where I did sort of dig that angle, but not really enough for me to enjoy it for 2 hours....and especially not at the sacrifice of what made the Joker and Harley's relationship so interesting. Margot is talented enough to get better with the role if she is given better material but I just can't co-sign that she nailed it this time around.

On the flip, damn Viola and Will :leon:

They brought it and I really want to see more of their characters going forward. I will be quoting a few of Will's lines. Enjoying seeing the black excellence on the screen.:blessed:

I have some other complaints (and praises) but I'll save it for later discussions. The biggest disappointment is the squad never truly felt like a group of villains. They barely seem more evil/selfish than the Guardians of the Galaxy (who were criminals too). It's a shame because the biggest selling point to me was always a film about true villains, not anti heroes that needed to tell the audience that they are bad 10 times, not misunderstood but likable criminals that just need each other for redemption, but cold hearted villains on a mission to kill other villains. People that murder innocents and don't cry about it later. But through the entire film, Viola Davis felt more like a villain than anyone on the squad. Everyone else had a heart of gold. I guess that's my fault for thinking DC would go that route, especially after some of the trailers, but after being told by DC stans for so long that DC is bucking formula, it was a let down to see them play it so safe.

I give it a 6/10.

Margot and Will were the clear standout characters. :camby: with this nonsense.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thoughts:

- it's a damn good movie...it does the comics justice, which is all i ask as a comic head.....will, margot, and viola killed their roles...will had the scene of the movie....from the lil we get of leto as joker, he kills that shyt....

- speaking of joker, they showed the harley/joker relationship pretty damn well....yea, he treats her like shyt, but that doesnt mean he lets others treat her like shyt nor that he doesnt miss her when she's not there...they need to focus a movie around those 2....

- the rest of the cast did their thing, the ones i named were just the stand out performances....

- the story is easy to follow and straight forward....the villains are just there, but that's cool cause SS doesnt have a real rouge of villains to go against....the story is always about the SS, which this movie focuses on.....

- i loved the slipknot part....if people complain about that, it just shows they dont know what they talking about...that shyt is ripped straight from the comics....

....like i said: it was a damn good movie, def worth seeing....i'm see it again...

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was impressed. Started off slow for me but it pick up. Margot and Jared were really good to me. Will seemed like Will, not a bad thing but I wouldn't have minded a different person in the roll. Dude that played flag acting wasn't that great but I can deal. Good movie overall. I'll watch again when a good copy presents itself on my fire stick

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This
I remember yeas back when dc first announced they gonna rush it, dc fans defending the decisions by saying "People already know who DC heros are, no need for build up" or "We don't copy Marvel's way"

And as predicted the DC movie been garbage
It doesn't matter what route DC took in making the films if WB was gonna interfere in each film in post production.

This was a movie about villains, murderers and psychopaths that was pushing the line on an R rating and WB fukked it up trying to lighten the tone :beli:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman forever 2.0. WB fukked this up, I can tell it was supposed to be way darker than it was. They need to quit trying to appeal to certain demographics and focus on the art. Great acting though imo.

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't matter what route DC took in making the films if WB was gonna interfere in each film in post production.

This was a movie about villains, murderers and psychopaths that was pushing the line on an R rating and WB fukked it up trying to lighten the tone :beli:

this compliant i dont understand from people...for the most part: they showed the characters as exactly what you described.....and they tried to use music to make the movie seem 'lighter', but it didnt help...i mean seriously, the intro for most of the characters was him/her killing someone lol.....to me, this movie is in a good place as far as tone goes....the only things they couldve done to make it darker was add more cussing and some gore, which wouldnt have fit into this story....maybe next story/film they will, but it wasnt needed for this film....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Loved the movie. It was simple to follow and all the complaints about multiple intros is garbage . They really didn't do that . fukk the critics and skwad up
I liked the way the characters were introduced because, as a comic book fan, Waller would do a bio of the Squad members at the start of every new arc for whoever she was talking to in a given scene. So that felt right to me as a fan of the Suicide Squad comics.