Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
One thing I'm noticing about MoS, BvS (although I loved BvS), Suicide Squad is that all these movies have seedlings of great potential scattered in them. You watch certain parts of these DC movies and you're like how the fukk are these fantastic scenes/portions in such a shytty or underwhelming movie. That tells me the studio (WB) is fukking around with these movies and forcing directions. You can even tell by the previews this was the case, when the first Suicide Squad trailer was even darker than BvS but then the second Queen one was like GOTG meets some heist film.

I'm afraid of this "dark" thing or introducing it into the convo cuz I mean..... how much more "dark" could this movie be? I think hype around "dark" is getting played out and not sure how much more better it would make this movie. I mean they werent killing humans they were killing creatures and slicing them up or shooting them up in violent fashion, but not sure what more couldve been done to up the ante.

I dont think stronger cursing wouldve made a big difference. And since no of the main characters really got hurt not sure there was even room for a bigger gore factor

I don't get the Hernandez praise, nothing against his performance but I wasn't feeling how they wrote the character. They try to give him emotional depth in the movie but fall short of hitting the right notes

Agreed, I was like "who the fukk is Hernandez" until your post and I just remembered

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Final verdict peeps...

Its not a trash terrible movie.... but its not an extraordinarily great movie too

If this movie was a basketball player on a team, this would be that guy that comes off the bench and give you 7pts 4rbs 2ast in 12 mins and just sit back down. Wont be making no Allstar games anytime soon, but can have a long career on someones bench ala Tyler Hansborough types or said white boy that you look at a bench and be like "damn he still in the league"

This all on Wonder Woman now

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
IMO you should still pay to go see it because there's a lot of people who did like it as you can tell by this thread and or on Twitter. This isn't a F4/GL/X Men Origins situation where absolutely nobody fukks with it
yea but im a cheap fukk and i hate paying to see movies that are just mediocre....i felt that way walking out of Age of apocalypse and BvS and more than a few things this summer so i feel like i should keep this 10-15 bucks and throw it on the internet bill so i get that HD-TS when it drops

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
yea but im a cheap fukk and i hate paying to see movies that are just mediocre....i felt that way walking out of Age of apocalypse and BvS and more than a few things this summer so i feel like i should keep this 10-15 bucks and throw it on the internet bill so i get that HD-TS when it drops

hhhhmmmm if you saw it..... you wont regretfully hate it, but if you dont see it you not missing nothing.

hope that gives you clarity

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
IDk a Wonder Woman movie seems so...boring to me. I'd almost rather see a origin story for our current Aqua Man and MAYBE Cyborg?

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
IDk a Wonder Woman movie seems so...boring to me. I'd almost rather see a origin story for our current Aqua Man and MAYBE Cyborg?

I agree..... but if those are the options you are giving me..... then without a shout of doubt I'd pick WonderWoman with no hesitation:mjlol:

Superstar
Daps

They are doing Aquaman and Cyborg (2018 and 2020 respectively). They have to do Wonder Woman first though because she's like the 3rd or 4th most iconic comic book character of all time and female empowerment is a huge thing nowadays. I was initially skeptical on a WW movie as well but after seeing the trailer and also how they're gonna explore Themyscira and the Amazonians a little bit (mysterious exotic races/species are always interesting) I'm bought in.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
I agree..... but if those are the options you are giving me..... then without a shout of doubt I'd pick WonderWoman with no hesitation:mjlol:

lNxW6.gif

Honestly i'm kinda bias right now..Jason Momoa is hot af lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
tell me you got the blue :ohlawd:
blue or red?:lupe:

The red can :camby:

Y'all KNOW I rock with the blue :salute:

Just got back about 5 minutes ago. Saw it in a packed theater with a few of my homies. This was my first night away from my newborn so I was a little anxious, texting my girl every 5 minutes before the previews started...

-Will Smith carried the fukk out of this movie. As "Will Smith playing Will Smith" movies go, this was the best since Hancock. He definitely brought his A Game swagger to the role and he got the biggest laughs and loudest cheers throughout the movie. Everything from his introduction to his attitude shifting from a Devil may care assassin to a man who decides to try out the hero thing specifically for his daughter was well acted. Some of the character's decisions in the middle of the movie didn't really make sense but Smith, as a movie star, did what stars do and sold it through his enthusiasm.

- Margot Robbie was a great Harley Quin. Of all the characters, next to Smith, she seemed to be having the most fun. The movie made some BAD decisions with her character arc but Robbie carried through like a champ. The movie would've been MUCH better off if they would've let her cut loose with the crazy and allowed her relationship with The Joker to be what it is, a deranged and violently induced co-dependency built off a sociopath's need to have his ego stroked. This isn't a damn love story between these two and the movie made it out to be, which just came off...phony as hell, for both characters. Speaking of Mr. J...

-Jared Leto has a fantastic Joker in him just waiting to be unleashed..THIS film however isn't that showcase. He gets about 15 good minutes of screen time, and 6-7 of those minutes are flashback scenes showing a half assed version of how he "corrupted" Harley Quin. It almost seemed like WB went for the "mysterious" route that Nolan did in The Dark Knight, where you never quite "Knew" the Joker, but the problem is that we never get any type of FEEL for him, his motivations, his characteristics, other than he wants Harley Quin back. Jared Leto's performance implies a twisted gangster turn, but we never get any type of feeling of real danger or authority about him. Why would anybody follow this weird, clearly insane man, who Simps for his girlfriend harder than Drake at a strip club? What would influence An esteemed Doctor to fall in "love" with him to the point shed risk her entire life, career, and mental well being for him? Leto doesn't get to sink his teeth into the role although it's apparent from his limited screen time that he both wants and has the capability too. Just a dissapointing and frustrating debut.

-Viola Davis is magnificent as the bytch with a plan Amanda Waller. Not a HINT of remorse or hesitancy as she coldly goes bout the business of "recruiting" the different members of Team Force X to her cause. She definitely deserves to be a mainstay within the entire DCEU.

-Jay Hernandez is the final standout of the team. He really gives an emotional arc to an underwritten character. The theme of this movie is that all the actors REALLY try to bring life and purpose to their characters, even when the writing/editing/direction fails them. You can literally SEE some of them searching for a way to breathe life and keep themselves from being one dimensional. Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Jay Hernandez succeed the most out of the core team. There is regret in almost every line of dialogue he speaks. You really come to believe that this man is scared of his own abilities.

- The rest. Rick Flag, Katana, Slipnot, Killer Croc, and Captain Boomerang do not fair so well. There characters border on unnecessary. Slipnot had LITERALLY 2 lines of dialogue, no backstory and
a throwaway line remarking on his "abilities" before he died. Which was played for unearned laughs. Why even include him? His screen time could've been used to flesh out the Joker or at least add more meat to the Joker-Harley relationship
Captain Boomerang was played for comedic relief, which worked in some instances and fell flat in others. Katana was truly an afterthought, from her rushed introduction to the bizarre explanation for her motivations
Her husband died and she wants revenge...so she joined this mission which has absolutely NOTHING to do with who murdered her husband?
Also what's the point of having a sword that captures souls if there's no cool power that comes from it? So she can whisper to it sadly for one scene:what:. Killer Croc had a couple good action scenes...and one funny line...and that was it. What are his motivations? What does he want? How did he end up so grotesque? Rick Flag's emotional reasons for leading the team sucked, and were unbelievable. He's better off as just a hardened military man who is tasked with doing his duty, following orders, and getting this ragtag group of fukkups through a mission
Theres no need whatsoever for him to be in love with Enchantress. It wasn't well written, the two actors didn't sell it, it was cheesy and groan inducing.

The Main villains were laughably bad. I actually enjoyed the zombified minions moreso than I did the main villains
Enchantress and her Brother. Bad CGI. Cliche motivations. Lame lame LAME.

The funny thing is even with all of the film's flaws I still enjoyed it. There is a classic R-Rated version of this film just BURSTING to come through. WB obviously wanted Guardians Of The Galaxy when Ayers was shooting for Dirty Dozen. This film is much better when going for Dark humor than family friendly "cute" laughs. The first 30 minutes are excellent, which is no surprise given that the first half hour is basically the Deadshot-Harley Quinn-Amanda Waller show. There are some downright WEIRD decisions these supposedly "bad" characters make that feel unearned and unrealistic given these are some the most hardened criminals the DCEU has to offer.

Why would he spare Harley Quin when it's been previously established he only cares for his daughter? Nothing throughout the movie established any type of special relationship or understanding between the two. So when it comes down to a choice of choosing between Harley and the promise of reuniting permenantly with his daughter he chooses....The crazy chick he's known for all of 9 hours? These two had pretty good chemistry in Focus, they could've established a bit of romantic tension between them to make Deadshot's indecision more believable, or they could've had Harley save him earlier in the movie so that he "owed" her one. SOMETHING to make it more than a " Hero's" decision before he even embraced the idea of being one.

Again they didn't establish enough of A "connection" between Harley and Joker to make the relationship as twisted and crazed as it should be. They made it a love story when The Joker is incapable of of love. Jealousy, possessiveness, and a sick sense of affection yes,but Love? :camby: Harley Quinn fantasizing about children with the JOKER:mindblown:

The editing was terrible. It made the story seem rushed and unfocused. Again what was the point of hiring an Oscar winning method actor like Jared Leto and having him for all of 15 minutes?:what: Why the fukk wasn't HE the main villain to begin with? Why was Slipnot in the movie only to die 5 minutes after his introduction? Why did Boomerang leave the team only to show up ONE MINUTE LATER with no explanation of his change of heart? What was Killer Croc's motivation? A cure for his deformity? A promise of his own swamp? 40 Acres and a Mule? Why the fukk would Deadshot's daughter get in the way of a fight between her father and Batman? That shyt was infuriatingly awful. WHAT child doesn't want to see their father victorious if they are accosted in the dark of night by a white man in a Bat suit? The climax was something straight out of ghostbusters, a BAD ghostbusters.

Even with all the flaws. The movie is still a worthwhile viewing and DEFINITELY not worthy the critical ass kicking it's getting. It deserves somewhere around a 55-60% Rotten Tomatoes score, mostly off the strength of the actors totally committing to their characters. Will Smith and Margot Robbie absolutely shine. Viola Davis is excellent. Jared Leto would've been great in my opinion if he was the main villain and his relationship with Harley would've been allowed to be what it TRULY is. There's greatness in these characters and a great movie to be made with them. If this film were R rated and not obviously sliced and diced to hell it would've been fantastic.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Itso funny how damnice near everyone who says they "liked" this movie follows up with an abrupt BUT :mjpls:

At the end of the day that FIRST trailer set the tone for how the movie was supposed to originally be portrayed. But after the bvs debacle they switched it up, which sucks because I know will and robbie killed it :snoop: