Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wish they would've used Ayer's original script with Deathstroke as the main villain. It had the original squad killed by Deathstroke so Waller sends the new Squad (Harley, Deadshot, etc.) after him.
Slade was the original choice of villain???

quand-je-commence-douter-annonce-adversaire.gif

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Just saw this. For my money, nowhere near as bad the reviews said, in fact I quite enjoyed it, as did seemingly the audience. There's some faults I had, but nothing to make me walk away saying it was as bad as like FF. No way.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I agree with devin on this

Suicide Squad is a movie that has been brutalized in post - probably in an attempt to make it more like Guardians (down to the team walking in slomo shot) - but even the most obnoxious editing and worst reshoot material can’t keep down Hernandez, Smith, Robbie and Davis. I don’t want to watch Suicide Squad again, but I really would like to see those characters again

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Uh Ayer has said many times that the original cut is closer to the Comic-Con trailer than the other trailers and you don't have to be well versed in filmmaking to see where some scenes were cut and where music was needlessly added etc. It was very rushed in the beginning. In fact, you can watch the trailers and see how much Joker was cut. A lot of Joker was cut.

Anyway, it's worth seeing once. I'm not trying to say it's the worst movie ever. Smith and Robbie are very good and NEED to be in more DCEU movies in the future. They were the MVPs :to:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I know i'm asking a billion questions lol but is there ANY reference or hints towards this joker being Jason Todd?

:russ:

I will say this...... the only thing you really get from this Joker is that he deeply cares for Harley

Nothing really more or less....... thats his boo

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
damn only 5 minutes?? The previews made him seem like a major character lol

that sucks :-\
Leto was asked if there was a scene that didn’t make it into the final cut of the movie that he wish had, and apparently there were a lot of them!

“There are a lot of scenes that didn’t make it to the final film,” Leto explained. “Hopefully they will see the light of day. Who knows.”

Jared Leto: They cut “a lot” of my Joker scenes out of ‘Suicide Squad’

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm curious as to why jokers role was cut down so much.

Did they not like letos performance? Were his scenes too "dark"?

We probably will never know but even Leto himself said his role was chopped so.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think the issue with that is you always keep Heath's Joker in the back of your mind. It's like Leto here almost did an impression of Heath and didn't put any new spin on the character, but to me he still kept certain sensibilities that made him unique, made me want to pay attention, and made me want to watch. Was it anything mindblowing? Hell no, but it was definitely intriguing and I wanna see more

Yeah if anything I will say that the flashback scenes with Joker and Harley are pretty cool (although the movie fukks it up at times with some pretty cheap dialogue and by misplacing them)

But its not even about Heath.... its about the predecessor in general.

When Heath was out Jack was in the back of everyones mind.

I think the fair thing to say about JL is you really couldnt get a true sampling of him or what type of Joker he is.

Theres really only 2 memorable things about him; Visually he was dynamically different and who he deeply cared for. Those were the only takeaways you really got from him.

I'm not say he's bad.... this DEFINITELY isnt a Jesse/Lex situation again but there really wasnt any "oh shyt" factors about him

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Came back from watching Suicide Squad....verdict: Ok...but its a disappointing OK..there was a bit of false advertising going on in the trailers in the movie...specifically regarding The Joker...it had some of the same problems that Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice had...bad editing all around..but it was carried by some very strong performances from Will, Margot, and Viola Davis..it wasn't a bad movie..it flowed at various points. decent action, and had some comedy that people laughed..this also should have been Rated R for sure...I hope there is a directors cut of this