Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Joker doesn't appear in the movie for that long at all. It's really hard to get a barometer reading on this portrayal/rendition, I liked what I saw and like he said he really steals the show whenever he appears, but he was only in it for about a total of 5 minutes and didn't do a whole lot. You can't compare it to past Joker's who have had a whole movie arc based around them

See thats how I feel but the only thing I will disagree with is I dont think he really stole any scenes...... like there were really not "oh shyt" moments to me with him. And nothing was really funny either (and lets be real, ever Joker in some way has been funny). He kinda seemed to just be there, but the moment he wasnt on screen, to me its like I forgot he was even in the movie....... you move on

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
OG origins story. The beginning has a couple flashbacks where they go into each character's origins and the relationship between the two characters is sprinkled throughout the rest of the movie
sdLLxUp.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Is it implied that this is their first time meeting or are they sticking with the OG origin story?

I'm not exactly sure accurately what their origin story is.... so I cant really say that gauge that.

But I will say is does show how they met till how they are presently in the movie in a package of flashbacks

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
I'm not exactly sure accurately what their origin story is.... so I cant really say that gauge that.

But I will say is does show how they met till how they are presently in the movie in a package of flashbacks

I know i'm asking a billion questions lol but is there ANY reference or hints towards this joker being Jason Todd?

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Um, yeah, so :francis:....this was pretty bad for a big budget comic/action film. If this was a TV movie or intentional B-rated movie, I would say it's watchable. Like this is the kind of movie you watch on USA late at night when you can't sleep, or TNT while you're doing laundry or something. I can't believe none of the actors involved read this script and actually thought this was good. Either they edited the fukk out of this before it was released or everyone involved was blinded by the money and the opportunity to do a big budget comic movie. I really, really tried to find stuff I liked in this, and I found a few things:

• Margot Robbie was excellent as Harley Quinn. She was wonderfully crazy and beautiful and she looked like she was having a lot of fun with the role. She definitely was a bright spot for this film.
  • I also enjoyed Will Smith a lot, but I also never forgot he was Will Smith. He's just one of those actors that always kinda plays himself, but here it worked.
  • Sometimes I enjoyed the Joker, but sometimes it felt like a caricature of the character, not someone who actually inhabited the role. Leto overshot a lot, but sometimes he sold it. That's about it as far as likes....

Things I hated:
  • the rationale given for the suicide squad, I never bought it and they really didn't try hard at all to sell it
  • The pacing, it was just odd. It just started. There was no real event or situation that even brought about the introduction of the characters. And then it would drag in places followed by a bunch of action,
  • The writing/dialogue. There was a lot of forced bonding where we were supposed to feel something, but it felt empty and soap operish. Cue the violins. Message!
  • the villains (omg, special effects overload = cheesy and empty), speaking of which
  • why would the witch spend almost 20 minutes fighting these guys and then decide to take all of their weapons away? That was the dumbest shyt
  • the lack of development for Amanda's character. I just didn't buy it. And I love sociopaths. Viola Davis in particular has shown she can play a good one. Her portrayal of a sociopathic cop on L&O Criminal Intent is still one of my favorites. But here, there was just something very empty and flat about this Waller.
  • the use of pop/rock music was a TERRIBLE decision. It worked in Guardians of the Galaxy because it fit the tone of the film and it actually tied in to the storyline of the lead character. Here, it felt forced and it was jarring and disruptive. There were two scenes in particular that would have been completely different and more compelling if they had been scored by non-lyrical music and/or completely unaccompanied by music at all

Overall though, this movie left me feeling :stopitslime: . It's very frustrating to watch something that has flashes of possibility that are never fulfilled. There were a few interesting scenes, some interesting characters, and there could have been some potentially interesting storylines, but they took the easy way out for flashy market appeal. You can't tell me WB marketing execs didn't have their hands all over how this film was cut. Honestly, it played like someone watched Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool and tried to cut it to capture the "fun" and "upbeat vibe" of those movies. You could tell there was a much darker movie lurking underneath all of the flashy (and empty) pop/rock video-like sequences and awkward dialogue. I wish Ayers had been given free reign to make that movie.

Two thumbs down.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh I must have confused you for being the one that posts shyt like this

In threads that have nothing to do with comic book films. And funny enough directed at the same poster you were begging a link to bvs for

Clown :camby: dont make me dig up more that took me 1 second to find.

Was I wrong? :manny:

Superstar
Daps
See thats how I feel but the only thing I will disagree with is I dont think he really stole any scenes...... like there were really not "oh shyt" moments to me with him. And nothing was really funny either (and lets be real, ever Joker in some way has been funny). He kinda seemed to just be there, but the moment he wasnt on screen, to me its like I forgot he was even in the movie....... you move on

I think the issue with that is you always keep Heath's Joker in the back of your mind. It's like Leto here almost did an impression of Heath and didn't put any new spin on the character, but to me he still kept certain sensibilities that made him unique, made me want to pay attention, and made me want to watch. Was it anything mindblowing? Hell no, but it was definitely intriguing and I wanna see more

Yeah if anything I will say that the flashback scenes with Joker and Harley are pretty cool (although the movie fukks it up at times with some pretty cheap dialogue and by misplacing them)

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
5 minutes may be an exaggeration but he's definitely not a major player in the story. You get your fix of him in the movie then he goes away

And yeah the previews bamboozled us all about a lot of things :francis:

Previews lied about a few things..... they really gotta stop putting shyt in the previews thats not going to make it in the movie..... just gonna leave it at that:snoop: