Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Seems like most of us whose seen the movie don't have a negative opinion of Leto as Joker. :ehh:

One thing I'll say about Leto is that one thing he does very well is Joker's voice. He sounds JUST like Hamill's Joker from the Animated Series, it just absolutely bonechilling. Didn't care much for the romance though.
He's getting destroyed on twitter though.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Saw it tonight and I liked it.

The Good:
Enjoyed all of the performances and even the overly grunge aesthetic that Ayer went with. Especially liked the transformation effects and the overall look of the Enchantress
The JL member cameos were fun.
Viola Davis was awesome and captured the spirit of Amanda Waller perfectly.
The mid-credits scene was cool.
Liked Margot Robbie's Harley.
Leto's Joker I am not sure about. Didn't hate it but I think I want to see him as the villain in a Batman movie to see what he would do because the Joker as crazy crime lord angle is intriguing.

The Bad:
Some of the dialog was really clunky.
The movie could have stood to chop off 30 minutes just to tighten it up.
It felt like they cut way too many of Captain Boomerang's scenes because I was expecting him to be featured more.
The villain(s) were lame and their plan was basically the plan of every villain from every Ghostbusters movie.
did u like either of the thor movies?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Would you say that his rendition of the Joker was as memorable as our previous Jokers?

Absolutely not, but the movie isn't about him. I don't think he, nor anyone is topping Ledger. But I think he can give us a better performance than Nicholson

Superstar
Daps
Would you say that his rendition of the Joker was as memorable as our previous Jokers?

Joker doesn't appear in the movie for that long at all. It's really hard to get a barometer reading on this portrayal/rendition, I liked what I saw and like he said he really steals the show whenever he appears, but he was only in it for about a total of 5 minutes and didn't do a whole lot. You can't compare it to past Joker's who have had a whole movie arc based around them

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely not, but the movie isn't about him. I don't think he, nor anyone is topping Ledger. But I think he can give us a better performance than Nicholson

Do you think that this movie was his official introduction to this particular universe? do you think they are setting him up for his own movie in the future?

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Joker doesn't appear in the movie for that long at all. It's really hard to get a barometer reading on this portrayal/rendition, I liked what I saw and like he said he really steals the show whenever he appears, but he was only in it for about a total of 5 minutes and didn't do a whole lot. You can't compare it to past Joker's who have had a whole movie arc based around them

damn only 5 minutes?? The previews made him seem like a major character lol

that sucks :-\

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm gonna also say this....

I really dont wanna hear not more "bu bu but WB did too much, this wasnt David Ayers movie, blah blah blah"

Unless some of yall can provide some scripts, footage, or ideas of his that were cut, edited, or better.

Cuz as far as we know, this nicca couldve had maybe a "musical" scene ala Spidy3 with Toby dancing but Will is singing and WB was like :scust: and cut it

I'm seeing too many cats already hiding or throwing that card out and my thing is.... one way or another we really dont know so dont play it

This movie for now needs to be taken and judged for what it is, as far as I know.... no one in here has seen a special screening that was pre cut

Superstar
Daps
damn only 5 minutes?? The previews made him seem like a major character lol

that sucks :-\

5 minutes may be an exaggeration but he's definitely not a major player in the story. You get your fix of him in the movie then he goes away

And yeah the previews bamboozled us all about a lot of things :francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Was supposed to see it with a girl tomorrow. She texted me "Why is Suicide Squad getting such bad reviews?!?!" I told her about the media bias against DC. I thought to myself, surely they CAN'T fukk this up. Not after the BvS fiasco.

I did a brief scan of this thread and it's not looking good. :mjcry: